• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 Texas Rangers offseason thread

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@fordman84 All is good on both computers now. Did a power wash. Thanks for your help and consideration.:thumb:

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is crap. He is still a very valuable offensive player. One of our best, especially last season.

Is he making too much money? Absolutely. But all he did was accept the offer he was given, and you'd done the same thing.

So take this "few chicken sandwiches nonsense" out for a permanent stroll.

Who would you rather DH Choo or Napoli or last years Odor? Yes these reactions to Choo are a bit knee jerk. If the response was which team do you think could use a DH etc then perhaps you could take the responses seriously. Plus Choo although a below average RF can still play there and 1B is another landing spot. We have better options at these.

Choo is a guy who has a good OBP but can still put it out of the park. Rangers need to improve in this with their wealth of sluggers who strike out too much. There is still a place in the league for him. You don't release him and he is too good to be sent down.

The issue remains how do you move a bad contract.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure wish he would have produced more while here.

True but he barely saw the light if day in WS. No production there either. This is a good example of overpaying for veteran presence.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is always a good list to check out before finalizing roster before Rule 5. At least Prince not clogging roster

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who would you rather DH Choo or Napoli or last years Odor? Yes these reactions to Choo are a bit knee jerk. If the response was which team do you think could use a DH etc then perhaps you could take the responses seriously. Plus Choo although a below average RF can still play there and 1B is another landing spot. We have better options at these.

Choo is a guy who has a good OBP but can still put it out of the park. Rangers need to improve in this with their wealth of sluggers who strike out too much. There is still a place in the league for him. You don't release him and he is too good to be sent down.

The issue remains how do you move a bad contract.

First, I'd rather have Choo as a DH than the other two. And I agree with your synopsis on Choo's overall state.

Second, I know we'll miss is OBP, and miss it a lot. Releasing, or sending him down were/aren't options.

Third, actually it's pretty easy to move his bad contract. But you've got to be prepared to eat dollars, and lots of them. I'm not so sure we aren't stuck with this reality.

Our only hope is there's someone out there who knows Choo's warts/contract, but need his bat/OBP, and maybe we could work a Choo/Profar/? and not get financially killed in the process.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, I'd rather have Choo as a DH than the other two. And I agree with your synopsis on Choo's overall state.

Second, I know we'll miss is OBP, and miss it a lot. Releasing, or sending him down were/aren't options.

Third, actually it's pretty easy to move his bad contract. But you've got to be prepared to eat dollars, and lots of them. I'm not so sure we aren't stuck with this reality.

Our only hope is there's someone out there who knows Choo's warts/contract, but need his bat/OBP, and maybe we could work a Choo/Profar/? and not get financially killed in the process.
The only negative against Choo is his contract and I can't fault him for that. Otherwise most any team would /could use his talent especially OBP.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they are going to try Bush as a starter then they need to go all in on it. That includes picking up a good reliever to take his place via free agency. Then if he doesn't cut it in ST they will have an extra reliever.