• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 Texas Rangers offseason thread

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is time to find out about both of them. I would give Rua several months. I am not sure when Profar would replace Odor so I am not sure he will have the chance to get several months. One month is not long enough to get a good evaluation to me. Slumps are going to happen. I want to see how they adjust to those slumps if they keep getting playing time.

You say one month is not enough, but we’re not exactly talking about willie Calhoun here.

These guys have had multiple chances already and it’s time to show something. Odor received the “ David Murphy he’s my guy and I’m putting him in no matter what” treatment last year and he couldn’t get anything going.

Rua has been a black hole in the past.

These guys have had chances and this team needs to start discovering a solid foundation for the future. It is past time for those guys to get it together.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Re straddling the fence criticism.

I am not a Fan of deliberately tanking to begin a season Quite unethical IMO and with revenue sharing, it is a shame teams are paid to lose putting a AAA club on the field Really needs to be addressed.

Criticizing a GM to lose assets at s discount prior to a season starting is bush league. It is a disservice to a fan base and a poor example to youth. So to complain about us not tanking enough is sorry IMO.

Hate all you want. Go Rangers

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You say one month is not enough, but we’re not exactly talking about willie Calhoun here.

These guys have had multiple chances already and it’s time to show something. Odor received the “ David Murphy he’s my guy and I’m putting him in no matter what” treatment last year and he couldn’t get anything going.

These guys have had chances and this team needs to start discovering a solid foundation for the future. It is past time for those guys to get it together.

Don't you know in this culture "prospects" are entitled? However Rua has good pop in his bat and I hope he figures it out.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't you know in this culture "prospects" are entitled? However Rua has good pop in his bat and I hope he figures it out.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That simply isn't so. They have not had multiple chances to play on a regular basis for even a month at a time. When that has happened they both did well though.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I too will be surprised if Odor is replaced if he struggles again. Even if they did replace him, I think Odor would be given another chance the first time Profar went into even a modest slump. I think they would view Profar replacing Odor in the lineup more as a motivation for Odor than a changing of the guard.

I honestly believe they'll send his butt to AAA this season. Just get the feeling there's going to be a different mindset this year than last.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly believe they'll send his butt to AAA this season. Just get the feeling there's going to be a different mindset this year than last.

There better be or I won’t watch this team very long.

I know we are lacking talent, but I can stomach it if we have competent leadership ( front office and managerial) who are doing the best they can with what they have and are trying to build something for the future.

If I see odor getting trotted out there in a few months with an average below .200, I’ll probably just do something else with my time.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think they bench him before it comes to that. But I bet they are quick to bench him.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A lot of underwhelming opinions of Rangers.

Don’t shoot the messenger Not my opinion despite poor showing in preseason and obviuouz lack of dept at upper MILB level

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A lot of underwhelming opinions of Rangers.

Don’t shoot the messenger Not my opinion despite poor showing in preseason and obviuouz lack of dept at upper MILB level

Their only chance is Elvis keeps up what he did last year, Choo and Beltre play 150 games and stay healthy, Hamels pitches like an ace, the bullpen gels, Odor doesn’t stink, and Finally someone in left field steps up.