• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 Texas Rangers offseason thread

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something tells me it could be an indicator this year unless the BP pitches lights out.
Even if they do pitch well in the beginning they will be worn out by late July.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if they do pitch well in the beginning they will be worn out by late July.

Bullpen couldn’t do worse than they did the first 2 weeks of last year.

Team played well and the bullpen ( mainly closer) let the team down.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bullpen couldn’t do worse than they did the first 2 weeks of last year.

Team played well and the bullpen ( mainly closer) let the team down.
Last year is gone never to return. This year has not started yet and though it looks bleak let's wait and see before calling in the firing squad.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did a little checking. 2015 was a year where we we had a terrible run differential in ST and a terrible record in ST. That team had a great second half of the regular season, but finished the first half at 43-48. Even in that year the bad results from spring was an indication in how at least the first half of the season would play out.

That 2015 team is the only one since 2010 to have a worse run differential in ST than this one, but there are a few games to go to catch up to that club.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Amen to that!

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope they give Rua and Odor a good shot, but have someone ready if they shit the bed.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year is gone never to return. This year has not started yet and though it looks bleak let's wait and see before calling in the firing squad.
Can we at least say "ready, aim"? :) As a Ranger fan I hope for better but lost my rose colored glasses a while back.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How long are you willing to give them?

Solid playing time for one month guaranteed.

If Odor is hitting at or below the Mendoza line, not drawing walks, and not good power numbers then I’d switch him with profar.

Rua needs to show some pop, have decent defense, and not be the black hole in the line up that he’s been in the past.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we at least say "ready, aim"? :) As a Ranger fan I hope for better but lost my rose colored glasses a while back.
I understand exactly but some on here are so negative. Look at what Elvis accomplished last year at the plate. Some here would have said he would never hit with power. Glad we did not write him off. He was worth the wait. This team needs a fair shot to prove where they are at. When the answer is in, then we will make better choices.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Solid playing time for one month guaranteed.

If Odor is hitting at or below the Mendoza line, not drawing walks, and not good power numbers then I’d switch him with profar.

Rua needs to show some pop, have decent defense, and not be the black hole in the line up that he’s been in the past.
It is time to find out about both of them. I would give Rua several months. I am not sure when Profar would replace Odor so I am not sure he will have the chance to get several months. One month is not long enough to get a good evaluation to me. Slumps are going to happen. I want to see how they adjust to those slumps if they keep getting playing time.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand exactly but some on here are so negative. Look at what Elvis accomplished last year at the plate. Some here would have said he would never hit with power. Glad we did not write him off. He was worth the wait. This team needs a fair shot to prove where they are at. When the answer is in, then we will make better choices.
Elvis just needed Wash to leave.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's hope Rua doesn't get hurt early on like he did before. Didn't he and Holland get hurt in the same game that year?

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A second chance three years later? Rua in line to be Rangers' left fielder again

"Ryan Rua has earned the right to play left field for us and continue to play left field for us," Banister said. "Does that mean 80 percent, 70 percent, 60 percent? A lot of this game, you like to think, is meritorious, too. If a guy goes out there and continues to perform and produce and be a productive player and help teams win, they get playing time."

Ah. Two words for Banny. Rougned Odor.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Ryan has been a good player for us," Banister said. "We like his skill set. He's on our club, and he will play. I look forward to him going out and performing to help this ball team win. He has been a strong part of the last three years. I like having him on the team."

The belief internally is that Rua is better than his .246 career average says he is. He also has two years of arbitration eligibility remaining, so he could become a nice value if he can be productive.

The Rangers are determined to find out, it seems, in their "not all-in" season. Rua looks as if he will be their everyday left fielder.

"That's something we're talking about," Daniels said. "I think he has demonstrated that it's easier for him to get going when he gets in a rhythm of playing on a regular basis. Do you give him an opportunity at more regular playing time?

"I think he gets a little overlooked sometimes. He's lost some time with injuries. I don't think his track record at the big league level is a very representation of what he's capable of because he's been in a really challenging role. There are a number of folks who think he's capable of more than that."