• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 Offseason

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Martavis Bryant wants to sit down with Ben Roethlisberger over critical comments

I feel like we need to,” Bryant said, via Dan Graziano of ESPN.com. “We should have a man-to-man. Because some of the things he put out there about me, I kind of didn’t agree with how he did it. So I want to sit down and hear his own opinion, man-to-man, about why he did that.”

I don't care how talented he is. He's a turd. He doesn't get it. At all. I've honestly gotten to the point where I really dislike this guy. He's a selfish box of rocks and a trouble maker. Cut him. Move on.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Martavis Bryant wants to sit down with Ben Roethlisberger over critical comments

I don't care how talented he is. He's a turd. He doesn't get it. At all. I've honestly gotten to the point where I really dislike this guy. He's a selfish box of rocks and a trouble maker. Cut him. Move on.
Completely agree. With what he's done with himself, and to this team since he was drafted, he certainly doesn't have any room to criticize.

Ben is a leader, and he went through his own maturation and growing pains. Bryant should be looking at what he's doing wrong, not disagreeing with what his quarterback is saying about him.

This kid isn't getting it, and I agree, he should just be moved on from. All the talent in the world, but he's like Josh Gordon. If you aren't on the field, or don't have the humbleness to know you need to listen to others to grow, you aren't going to be helping us anyway.

Bring on the Age of the JuJu.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Martavis Bryant wants to sit down with Ben Roethlisberger over critical comments

Completely agree. With what he's done with himself, and to this team since he was drafted, he certainly doesn't have any room to criticize.

Ben is a leader, and he went through his own maturation and growing pains. Bryant should be looking at what he's doing wrong, not disagreeing with what his quarterback is saying about him.

This kid isn't getting it, and I agree, he should just be moved on from. All the talent in the world, but he's like Josh Gordon. If you aren't on the field, or don't have the humbleness to know you need to listen to others to grow, you aren't going to be helping us anyway.

Bring on the Age of the JuJu.

I'm with the both of you as well... The simple fact that he seems to have his feathers ruffled over Ben's comments points towards further immaturity. I understand his point, but if you look at most of what Ben's comments encompass vs Bryant's... Ben typically referred to the situation as what the TEAM needed from him, not just him. Whereas Bryant seems to be stuck in the 'me, myself, & I' type of thinking. Reminds me a lot of Mike Wallace. Ben didn't cross any lines. He stated the obvious, and as a proven leader he earned that right.

I'm sure Bryant will have a decent NFL career of which I doubt will be with Pittsburgh, but he will always be that PIA for coaches & will be toxic to any locker room. I'm all about giving these kids a chance, but he seems to be routinely cashing those in without much remorse or direction. I wouldn't mind at all if they traded this kid.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He goes into camp without a deal, but they team will be open like always to negotiating during camp.

Whether Bell shows up or not... I have no idea. But there won't be a deal before the deadline.
I agree.. Colbert & Rooney (& Kahn) don't usually push their luck this close to deadlines. I'm guessing a final deal is already on the table so the ball is in Bell's court. Bell's stonewalling with hopes of stressing the FO out to get a better deal.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like Bryant, Bell hasn't always been there for the team. I want the Steelers to protect themselves here and not give away the farm.

I'd rather see him walk than tie too much cap up in an inconsistently available player, even if he is incredibly dynamic and effective on the field.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like Bryant, Bell hasn't always been there for the team. I want the Steelers to protect themselves here and not give away the farm.

I'd rather see him walk than tie too much cap up in an inconsistently available player, even if he is incredibly dynamic and effective on the field.
Truth. This is one of the main reasons why I have no issues with Bell playing on the Franchise Tag. But there's no way they can let him walk. He was 75% or more of the offense last season. Without him we start to see how bad of an OC Haley is. Even with a top-flight O-line & receiving corps they relied heavily on Bell.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Truth. This is one of the main reasons why I have no issues with Bell playing on the Franchise Tag. But there's no way they can let him walk. He was 75% or more of the offense last season. Without him we start to see how bad of an OC Haley is. Even with a top-flight O-line & receiving corps they relied heavily on Bell.
I'd be fine carrying his tag price the next two years. Better than being on the hook for his contract if he blows another wheel, or if he gets suspended again. I don't want to pay him stupid money over 4 years either.

Run his wheels off, then say farewell.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RB Bell: Worth more than Steelers offered

"The running back market definitely took a hit, and I can't be the guy who continues to let it take a hit," Bell said. "We do everything: We block, we run, we catch the ball. Our value isn't where it needs to be. I'm taking it upon myself to open up some eyes and show the position is more valuable."

Yeah. No thank you.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We aren't able to do a new deal for Bell this year now that the deadline has passed, correct?

I think he will hold out until the start of the season. We'll see him a week or so before the season starts.

He is NOT doing this for the "market" he's doing this for "him". Which is fine, I have nothing against that. I don't have a problem with him staying away until the start of the season either. Take care of your business. But stop trying to be a hero and be honest about it.

Also the market isn't based on how much work you do dumbass. It's based on how many people can do your job. Supply and demand. He should understand this with the weed prices fluctuating on the street based on government interference.

If he plays out the tag this year and next year without injury or stupidity issues, I could see giving him a reasonable 4 year deal. But he needs to go a couple of years without putting himself above the team before I would consider it. And even then, we can't put too much capitol there. As great as he is, I think another back could do his job reasonably well enough in this offense. See: DWill.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DWill did well enough last year, maybe he needs a callback.

No way do you give 15 million a year to a guy who has only played in about 2/3 of the games he's been paid for so far.

While I'd prefer to have him play under the tag this year, I'd be fine letting him negotiate and taking the picks. I would question whether he plays all out for the team under the tag anyway. He's great, but he isn't irreplaceable.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Half hour left for the deadline for Bell's deal... Any thoughts on what happens?

@Psych-Ward @ATL96Steeler @SteelersPride @Bridgeburner @Superbelt

I haven't really been following it up until yesterday actually.

Not surprised, according to what I heard the Steelers offered something in the area of $12 mil per but the stumbling point was guaranteed money.

A long term deal could still happen, but clearly the ball is in Bell's court. He's said he wants to be a Steeler, but his actions say he wants the most cash he can get...hard to do both on a SB caliber roster.

I'm resigning myself to Bell not being here next season. The Steelers FO makes moves sometimes that are not very clear initially, but after the smoke clears you can see a little better. A lot of people including myself felt 3rd rd was a little early for James Conner, but Colbert made him the 105th pick. We shall see.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We aren't able to do a new deal for Bell this year now that the deadline has passed, correct?

I think he will hold out until the start of the season. We'll see him a week or so before the season starts.

He is NOT doing this for the "market" he's doing this for "him". Which is fine, I have nothing against that. I don't have a problem with him staying away until the start of the season either. Take care of your business. But stop trying to be a hero and be honest about it.

Also the market isn't based on how much work you do dumbass. It's based on how many people can do your job. Supply and demand. He should understand this with the weed prices fluctuating on the street based on government interference.

If he plays out the tag this year and next year without injury or stupidity issues, I could see giving him a reasonable 4 year deal. But he needs to go a couple of years without putting himself above the team before I would consider it. And even then, we can't put too much capitol there. As great as he is, I think another back could do his job reasonably well enough in this offense. See: DWill.

Yep...I understand what Bell is saying regarding the position, and it being downgraded, etc., but he alone is not going to change that because not every RB can do what he does.

Of course idk know what the guaranteed money is, but if Fournette is getting $27 mil, you would think $30 mil would be the floor for Bell. If Colbert offered less than that, shame on the Steelers. If they offered at least that much then Bell is trying to push the envelope to the max which to me means he'll play for a team with little to no playoff hope.

It's much like you said, the Steelers or any team with a playoff caliber roster can't afford to sock $15 mil plus into a RB...even one as good as Bell.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't think he gets tagged again next season if all goes well this season?

Probably not...I see them making another long term effort. I know the money will be feasible for a 2nd tag, but I see the Steelers moving on if Bell doesn't sign something long term next year.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't think he gets tagged again next season if all goes well this season?

Kind of following the tea leaves online...the max he can make on tags for '17 & '18 is $27 mil...the Steelers offer reportedly would pay him $30 mil over the 1st two yrs, and $42m over 3 yrs of a 4 yr deal. The guaranteed money has to be the sticking point imo. The Steelers are probably not going to budge on that so why bother to bring him back for another season under the tag.

If Conner looks like an NFL RB, I think they will and should move on and focus on Tuitt, and AVill contracts.