• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 Off season Thread

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have faith in Zacha, he had some growing pains for sure but also had some really solid games. Keep in mind he was 19 last year. Henrique needs to be better though. Palmieri and Hall held up their end of the bargain, he was the weak link in that core group.

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have faith in Zacha, he had some growing pains for sure but also had some really solid games. Keep in mind he was 19 last year. Henrique needs to be better though. Palmieri and Hall held up their end of the bargain, he was the weak link in that core group.
I'd actually say Hall was up and down. When he's on he's impressive as hell but he had some very "quiet" games

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd actually say Hall was up and down. When he's on he's impressive as hell but he had some very "quiet" games

Absolutely. I attribute the "quiet" games to the fact the whole team was lifeless.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

yeah i agree with this. he really needs to pot his chances when he gets them. i dont remember him scoring a breakaway goal all season long

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So apparently Kovy to the NHL is back on. If you believe Larry Brooks (I don't) multiple teams are interested in him and word at the combine was that he still wants to play in the NHL. Let's hope it's true, get ourselves a good piece either by keeping or dealing him.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll throw this idea out there, we did it with the Savard contract and Vegas has admitted to being open to it, taking in a bad contract for picks. I would gladly take on a bad contract with a year or 2 left if a team was willing to cough up a first.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seems like almost a no brainer... if its a first, take it. top 20 this year, if its from a team outside of the 20, take it for next years #1. Maybe they'll suck.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'll throw this idea out there, we did it with the Savard contract and Vegas has admitted to being open to it, taking in a bad contract for picks. I would gladly take on a bad contract with a year or 2 left if a team was willing to cough up a first.

i'll believe it when i see it.

yeah they took on that savard contract but it only cost them cap space not actual dollars if i remember correctly. the same time frame the canes made the deal with chicago and got timvuenen? but had to take on bickell and actual cap and money to make it happen.

these owners haven't shown the willingness to take on actual money to aquire these players. heck even the yotes last year didn't take on any actual money with datz just his cap hit.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idk yet... i'm not there yet.... if by nothing you mean taking on bad contracts for picks.....

now signing someone of value, yes that would poo the offseason much.

By nothing I mean we draft guys and then make some unsubstantial, round out the roster type signings. No trades, no splashes etc.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By nothing I mean we draft guys and then make some unsubstantial, round out the roster type signings. No trades, no splashes etc.
then yes, quite sad...

I would be even willing to part with the #2 if it means we get back a strong prospect or young player on D.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

which is exactly how i see this shaking out. i really doubt we make any moves to take on bad contracts for prospects or picks. so pretty much thats step 1 of the off season.

then comes the draft and i think we just go about the draft as usual and make our picks maybe add a pick or two to move back somewhere but i dont see us making a deal for a player like palm two years ago.

then ufa i feel like there isnt much out there outside of shatenkirk to become interested in and really help the team anyway.

kovy ends up getting moved for a 2nd rounder next year or even worse 2019! and the rebuild continues on.

that would be the worst case scenario

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm ready for these finals to wrap up, anxious for this off season to get started.

The one thing that gives me hope regarding not standing pat is Shero has always been wheeling and dealing. He's notorious as a trade guy.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm ready for these finals to wrap up, anxious for this off season to get started.

The one thing that gives me hope regarding not standing pat is Shero has always been wheeling and dealing. He's notorious as a trade guy.
seriously, i want the wait to be over! Draft our new hope!!!!

Nolan or Nico!