• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 Off season Thread

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Karlsson played 6 1/2 of the last 8 minutes last night, he's been on the ice for all 8 game winners. God we need a number 1 Dman.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I said all along the Rangers will get as far as Henrik takes them. He had a good playoffs, some games played like the number 1 in the league, and on the night's he was not at his best, they lost. That and they cannot hold on to leads is what doomed them.

I also watched and read some post game stuff on MSG, etc. One thing that pissed me off is their excuse about not having a top draft pick in like 20 years. As usual, they don't say the entire story. Do we have to list all the star free agents they tried to pick up year after year? That is why they would get away with at least mediocre regular seasons and not finish bottom in the league.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
they constantly get every college UFA to sign with them so they are getting 1st round picks essentially for free.

love how karrlsson showed up mcd in this series.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Good point. I know we were all hoping for Vesey, but we all knew in the end, he would pick NYC.
So spare us the whiny no first round top 5 pick excuse.
By they way, Pavel Brendl was 4th overall. Oops on that pick

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really dont listen to NYR media.... they are the worse IMO. Trautwig is a homer's homer.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
every team is going to have their ups and downs. their windows to win a cup. we won 3 out of 5 in that time and honestly it really should've been 5. game 6 against the av's they blew and then fayne missing a wide open net in game 1 against the kings. not to mention the horrible 5 min major against the kings in game 6.

the rangers and their current window have won nothing. just the way it falls

heck you can even say we should've won more during our window. we had some legit great teams that always got knocked out in the first round.

Vortimous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
every team is going to have their ups and downs. their windows to win a cup. we won 3 out of 5 in that time and honestly it really should've been 5. game 6 against the av's they blew and then fayne missing a wide open net in game 1 against the kings. not to mention the horrible 5 min major against the kings in game 6.

the rangers and their current window have won nothing. just the way it falls

heck you can even say we should've won more during our window. we had some legit great teams that always got knocked out in the first round.

Damn right Cup.... Ill take 3 out of 5, but you are right... we should of had the Avs one as well... but no way the NHL was letting Ray Bourque out of here without a Cup.... and the 5 minute major was the NHLs way of getting the Kings their first Cup.... still pisses me off.....

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
since he can't be traded until july 1st and thus after the expansion draft i do wonder if the devils could someone make a deal with the ducks. one of their d man for a mid round draft pick and then july 1st we deal kovy back for that pick

i do wonder though that with them winning last night if it makes them less "agressive"

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Because of Kovy, the Devils will be top 3 headlines I think on July 1. Free agency is mostly poor this summer. The last couple of weeks, this team has definitely got very lucky.

This will be the most important summer for this team in a long time. Every decision Shero makes will impact the team for years to come.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still hoping Kovy plays for us. I just don't think the return for him will be of equal value. Best case scenario for him he signs here and we're making a playoff push. Worst case scenario we suck and move him at the deadline. Since we're talking 2018 picks anyway why not wait until trade deadline when teams will get desperate and overpay? We have the leverage here.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also think signing a guy on D and acquiring one via trade should be our priority. 2 additions to supplement what we have and I think we're good. Greene, Santini, new guy, new guy. Let people battle it out for bottom pair minutes.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Agree with D being a priority, preferably via trade(s).
The latest news on Kovy and how the big talk was sign and trade did kind of disappoint me. Seemed Kovy was not too interested in playing for the Devils based what I read. But I don't think teams will be dying to trade for him either. Shero should wait it out if the deals are not satisfactory. Or tell Kovy look, play for us and we will look to move you when we can. Devils mgt holds the cards here. Kovy wants to come back to the NHL after abandoning it.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with D being a priority, preferably via trade(s).
The latest news on Kovy and how the big talk was sign and trade did kind of disappoint me. Seemed Kovy was not too interested in playing for the Devils based what I read. But I don't think teams will be dying to trade for him either. Shero should wait it out if the deals are not satisfactory. Or tell Kovy look, play for us and we will look to move you when we can. Devils mgt holds the cards here. Kovy wants to come back to the NHL after abandoning it.

Absolutely, and it really benefits him to actually play in the NHL as opposed to playing hardball and sitting out a year.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given WSH's misery.... say they blow it up... would anyone trade the first for Ovie?

not sure I would, maybe, really interested in doing that but idk yet....

What i think makes sense is Vegas trading their first pick to WSH for Ovie....

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say no believe it or not. I think Ovi's game will regress quickly. He plays a punishing style, I think his body will betray him sooner than later.

Word is he was all jacked up on pain killers (who isn't at this point in the playoffs?). If that knee is in bad shape after the Kadri hit could be the beginning of the end.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Nail Yakupov worth a gamble? Or do we already have too many guys up front?