• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 NBA Playoffs

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am watching NBA gametime with Steve Smith and Isaiah Thomas right now. Malcom Brogdon is a guest. He is by far the best TV analyst in the set. What a stud.

Brogdon will have a fantastic NBA career, but his career after basketball will be even brighter. He is an amazing dude. Don't be surprised if he holds major political office someday.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am watching NBA gametime with Steve Smith and Isaiah Thomas right now. Malcom Brogdon is a guest. He is by far the best TV analyst in the set. What a stud.

Brogdon will have a fantastic NBA career, but his career after basketball will be even brighter. He is an amazing dude. Don't be surprised if he holds major political office someday.

Too bad he sucks as a player.

* Gives @WiggyRuss the side eye*

I was impressed by CJ McCollum too.

He's very well spoken.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I feel similarly about Harrison Barnes

Shaggy

Administrator
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Shaggy, I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you're looking for begging from me to have a naked fat guy (McElwain) fuck a shark be allowed as an avi, I can tell you I don't gravel. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired tormenting others while in the Marine Corps. Skills that will make me feel like a nagging hemorrhoid after a rough night with bad Mexican food. If you're more liberal with the avi restriction, then this will be the end of it. I will not bother you again (I actually can't really make this promise). But if you don't, I will torment every single poster on this thread (except @Mecca), I will find you (just by quoting you) and I will really not do anything because I don't have admin rights to this site and I don't want you to ban me.

CC: @trojanfan12 @bksballer89

Hi, you found me. No nudes in Avatars and no tormenting members.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, "high demand". Sure. Thats the reason for the delay.
They sold around 200 pairs on day one, including 53 signed ones for $1000

Takes balls to start your own business like this and not conform like everyone else does.

I wish them nothing but the best and I think it's sad that people hate on people who think outside the box.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Takes balls to start your own business like this and not conform like everyone else does.

I wish them nothing but the best and I think it's sad that people hate on people who think outside the box.

I hear you, I agree its a great idea. Just not sure its gonna work with an unproven, not-a-sure-thing player like Lonzo. Now if someone like a Lillard or IT or KAT tried something like this... I could see it working. Or if we get another LeBron-type coming out of HS.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Brogdon was in a super elite major program at UVA that is essentially a training ground for students looking to get involved in politics. He is ridiculously smart. His college choice came down to UVA or Harvard.

If he wants to be president someday, he has every tool needed to get there.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear you, I agree its a great idea. Just not sure its gonna work with an unproven, not-a-sure-thing player like Lonzo. Now if someone like a Lillard or IT or KAT tried something like this... I could see it working. Or if we get another LeBron-type coming out of HS.

They have already have a couple million in revenue. Not sure what the profit margins are like, but Lonzo doesn't necessarily have to be LeBron for this to work. He is already pretty popular and the idea is different enough, I am not sure what his competition really is.

Now, when Nike comes out with a $600 sneaker line, then Ball could be in trouble.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have already have a couple million in revenue. Not sure what the profit margins are like, but Lonzo doesn't necessarily have to be LeBron for this to work. He is already pretty popular and the idea is different enough, I am not sure what his competition really is.

Now, when Nike comes out with a $600 sneaker line, then Ball could be in trouble.

But will it fizzle out or continue to be a source of revenue. Probably depends on how Ball does in the NBA.

How much $ could he have gotten from a shoe deal?

I agree that its a good idea, but I think whether it was the right move for him might be yet to be determined.

That said, the knowledge gained from this "trial run" could turn out to benefit LaMelo who is probably the better player. Hopefully he gives Lonzo some kick back.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, I think it's just the next step in player "branding." I do agree with @gordontrue that they maybe should have waited until he actually accomplished something in the NBA. On the other hand though, there are advantages to being first.

As much as I like to make jokes about him, my only issue with Lavar is that, right now, everything should be about Lonzo, but Lavar is stealing that from him and making it about himself.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I think it's just the next step in player "branding." I do agree with @gordontrue that they maybe should have waited until he actually accomplished something in the NBA. On the other hand though, there are advantages to being first.

As much as I like to make jokes about him, my only issue with Lavar is that, right now, everything should be about Lonzo, but Lavar is stealing that from him and making it about himself.
I was semi-trolling, I actually agree with Gordon as well.

I actually feel bad now about the post I just made to you in the Cavs/Raps thread, since you were nice to me here.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was semi-trolling, I actually agree with Gordon as well.

I actually feel bad now about the post I just made to you in the Cavs/Raps thread, since you were nice to me here.

Yes, because I was so kind to you. lol

It's not like this is real life or anything.