• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 NBA Offseason Thread

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Jimmy Butler is currently in Paris with D-Wade.....

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Butler trade should up the Wolves to 4th or 5th in the West. They still need outside shooting but that's a very good team. The Bulls really didn't much back but I think people are underselling Lavine a bit. Yes, he's coming off a knee injury, but before he got hurt, he was balling out. He was playing like a guy that would be an all star some day. I don't care for Dunn at all and think Markkennen won't be a star so you'd still like to see the Bulls get a little more but its not a total disaster like some are saying.

My other reaction is seeing that low price for Butler, wtf was Boston doing? All those assets and you still couldn't find some kind of package for Butler last February till now?

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
actually, the more I think about this, the less I like it for Minnesota.

It is fine if they can resign Butler in 2 years. He obviously shouldn't mind the weather up there. But, if he leaves in 2019, the Wolves will not have a clear path to build a winner around Townes and Wiggins. They gave up a lot of pieces.

In the short term, it is a win. But Minny only benefits if they can keep him long term. Their window won't open for at least 2 years.

Lavine was due for a pay raise in that time frame anyway and they likely weren't going to pay him unless that core made significant gains. So basically they are still in the same window but now they replaced Lavine with a Top 10 to 15 player

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lavine was due for a pay raise in that time frame anyway and they likely weren't going to pay him unless that core made significant gains. So basically they are still in the same window but now they replaced Lavine with a Top 10 to 15 player

I am not ready to give up on Dunn though. Guys like him usually take a couple years to develop. He could end up being really good still.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Butler trade should up the Wolves to 4th or 5th in the West. They still need outside shooting but that's a very good team. The Bulls really didn't much back but I think people are underselling Lavine a bit. Yes, he's coming off a knee injury, but before he got hurt, he was balling out. He was playing like a guy that would be an all star some day. I don't care for Dunn at all and think Markkennen won't be a star so you'd still like to see the Bulls get a little more but its not a total disaster like some are saying.

My other reaction is seeing that low price for Butler, wtf was Boston doing? All those assets and you still couldn't find some kind of package for Butler last February till now?

Ainge likes to always come out on top of the trade. That's probably why he never could execute that trade for Butler; Chicago probably asked for more and thought to himself that he'd be giving up too much. Given the amount of draft picks the Celtics have though, he should've pulled the trigger.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not ready to give up on Dunn though. Guys like him usually take a couple years to develop. He could end up being really good still.

Agreed, he was really kinda out of the mix last year. He could end up the surprise piece out of this trade. LaVine is flashy and all, but the substance hasn't really been there yet; hopefully he can overcome that knee injury without losing much athleticism. Lauri Markkonen looks like a pick/pop assassin, but will need to broaden his game a bit.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,806.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boston has a deal in place for PG and a 3 year extension if they can get Heyward.....Fuck me.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

After reading that article. It's pretty clear why George wants out. George wanting to go to the Lakers has been one of the NBA's worst kept secrets for a few months. But they haven't had time to prepare? Not sure how this wasn't addressed back when the rumors first started?

Also his, "We want to get what we want" comment seems a bit delusional. I understand that it's kind of what he has to say, but he also has to know that the Pacers aren't exactly in a position of strength and so far, it looks like the Lakers are willing to be patient.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,806.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fucking worst week ever at work and this just ruined my fucking weekend.