• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 NBA Offseason Thread

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be clear, I never said Hayward was coming.
I said I HEARD ON THE RADIO that Miami was his preferred destination if he left Utah.
There's no way around the thinking the Celtics might be a better option.
Thing about Wiggy is he always says this 'no chance' stuff when people who have actual access to these guys say differently.

Me either. All I said all along is that even with the new CBA rules, players would still consider other teams even if their current team can give them more money than other teams because players take a lot into account when they're a free agent. Winning, location, family, and etc.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ONLY thing that EVER saved him over the last 3 years was Draymond being a 'nut' case.

Yup. And in turn, although Cleveland got their 1 title, it may have cost them at a chance to be a dynasty or part of a new Celtics/Lakers rivalry where they end up in the Finals every year.

On top of that, this may be Cleveland's last year in the Finals because I can see Lebron moving on now. Didn't see this a month ago.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. And in turn, although Cleveland got their 1 title, it may have cost them at a chance to be a dynasty or part of a new Celtics/Lakers rivalry where they end up in the Finals every year.

On top of that, this may be Cleveland's last year in the Finals because I can see Lebron moving on now. Didn't see this a month ago.

It's why they need to trade Love for George. If George leaves, so be it -- 2017-2018 may be their last shot at a title.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Make a list of:
A. Reasons for James to stay vs B. Reasons to leave after this season and B is an easy winner if the Cavs don't win it all, and quite possible even if they do (which they prob won't).

On top of that, figure in the now apparent defiance of Gilbert and I as of now, have to believe that this season is his last there.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's why they need to trade Love for George. If George leaves, so be it -- 2017-2018 may be their last shot at a title.

You're absolutely correct. If/when Lebron leaves, so do the Cavs' title chances. At that point, might as well give yourself the best chance at 1 more title before the rebuild occurs.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Make a list of:
A. Reasons for James to stay vs B. Reasons to leave after this season and B is an easy winner if the Cavs don't win it all, and quite possible even if they do (which they prob won't).

On top of that, figure in the now apparent defiance of Gilbert and I as of now, have to believe that this season is his last there.

Does LeBron have a no trade clause? If LeBron leaving is inevitable, and given how things went last time he left, would Gilbert have the stones to trade LeBron?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Still might not be worth it if they know its a 1 year rental and believe James is leaving.
If that's the case, Kyrie is also gone.
Better option would be to start thinking about gathering assets so they don't go from 2nd best to near worst within 12 months.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Spurs are shopping LA for a top 10 pick LOL

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does LeBron have a no trade clause? If LeBron leaving is inevitable, and given how things went last time he left, would Gilbert have the stones to trade LeBron?

He does have a no trade.
I was thinking the same thing 2 nights ago.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The closer we get to the draft, the better I think the chances are of the Cavs getting PG.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's another reason for the Cavs to trade for PG that no one is talking about.... Cap room next off-season .

If they swap Love's max deal for PG's expiring deal.... the Cavs can be a player next off-season in the free-agent market (and it looks to be a good one).

If they keep Love, or swap for another long-term contract, like Butler... their hands are tied again next year. No options besides trying to trade and relying on other teams to cooperate.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ONLY thing that EVER saved him over the last 3 years was Draymond being a 'nut' case.

Come one, don't be one of those guys that points to Ray Allen's corner 3 and ignores every other play that led to the result.

Lets give all the credit to Draymond's self-induced suspension instead of Kyrie and LeBron going apeshit in Game 5.

Draymond played the greatest single game of his life in Game 7 and the Warriors lost. Yet, somehow if Draymond plays in Game 5 its an automatic win.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come one, don't be one of those guys that points to Ray Allen's corner 3 and ignores every other play that led to the result.

Lets give all the credit to Draymond's self-induced suspension instead of Kyrie and LeBron going apeshit in Game 5.

Draymond played the greatest single game of his life in Game 7 and the Warriors lost. Yet, somehow if Draymond plays in Game 5 its an automatic win.

Why are we still talking about this?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Porzingus is going to cost Ingram/Randle and 2 1st rounders.

From what I'm hearing, LeBron is pretty much calling the shots in LA already, considering Magic is has been mentoring him, it's not hard to believe.

Knicks reportedly asking for a top 4 pick (to get Josh Jackson) and a starter. #2 and Randle.

Did the D'Angelo Russell trade get finalized?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's another reason for the Cavs to trade for PG that no one is talking about.... Cap room next off-season .

If they swap Love's max deal for PG's expiring deal.... the Cavs can be a player next off-season in the free-agent market (and it looks to be a good one).

If they keep Love, or swap for another long-term contract, like Butler... their hands are tied again next year. No options besides trying to trade and relying on other teams to cooperate.

I disagree.

Cleveland Cavaliers Team Payroll | Basketball-Reference.com

Paul George

George has a $19.5 cap hit, Love's at $22 mil. The NBA just announced the cap is at $99 mil. The Cavs for the 18-19 season are going to be at $126 mil, with Lebron's player option salary being calculated in. Should Lebron decline his player option and choose to resign with the Cavs, he still has that cap hold on there.

If they trade for George and only give up Love, George still will have that cap hold until he signs with another team. But then, if he does leave, that leaves the Cavs still a bit over $100 mil and just over the luxury tax. The Cavs wouldn't be significant players in free agency. You didn't think those contracts to Shumpert, TT and JR weren't going to matter, did you?