• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 NBA Offseason Thread

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, it is only summer league and there have been plenty of players who have torn up the summer league and done absolutely nothing in the NBA.

Having said that, I'd much rather see a guy play well in the summer league than go out there and stink it up.

Yeah I agree with that. When a draft pick doesn't stink it up in summer league then my mindset is it's nice but let's see how preseason go when they'll be playing at least some minutes vs some of the top players in this league. I said it weeks ago but most importantly you just don't want your draft picks to look like shit in summer league. I don't think anyone in the top half of the draft looked bad in summer league.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are reading too much into summer league. You just don't want your picks to stink in summer league. If they're ok or good then that's fine but it really won't mean much come October. These summer league teams are usually fill with guys who will struggle to make an NBA roster

Oh I completely agree. It IS only Summer League.

But it's nice to see what this kid can do - even if it is against guys fighting for a final roster spot.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At her age and with her illness...it would be really cool to see her win it.

Yeah I really hope she does it man. Incredible that at 37 years old, she made 2 GS finals this year.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I completely agree. It IS only Summer League.

But it's nice to see what this kid can do - even if it is against guys fighting for a final roster spot.

Yeah for sure. Let's see how preseason goes now. I think he will be pretty good. At least he doesn't come off as a jerk like his father does

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,896.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are reading too much into summer league. You just don't want your picks to stink in summer league. If they're ok or good then that's fine but it really won't mean much come October. These summer league teams are usually fill with guys who will struggle to make an NBA roster

Says the guy who has been posting Bam's summer league stats and talking about his glowing numbers.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is just it.

How many pure PGs are even in the league? There honestly are not many. Chris Paul is the closest thing in my book, but he doesn't move the ball like Lonzo does.

Lonzo Ball is a modern version of the throwback old school PG. like I said before, I do not see a player like him in the league today.

Tristan>>PG then Ball.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Says the guy who has been posting Bam's summer league stats and talking about his glowing numbers.[/QU

I had 2 post in this thread about Bam. Once was how I can't wait to see him with actual NBA talent after a solid performance he had and the other was that I hope he's able to get a consistent jumpshot......everything else came from writers who are actually at these games so you're bitching about 2 post that I actually wrote about Bam? Fuck off

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,896.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had 2 post in this thread about Bam. Once was how I can't wait to see him with actual NBA talent after a solid performance he had and the other was that I hope he's able to get a consistent jumpshot......everything else came from writers who are actually at these games so you're bitching about 2 post that I actually wrote about Bam? Fuck off

Triggered....:pound:

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,896.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#Gilbertisrich#Hewillpaywhateverittakes

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I agree with that. When a draft pick doesn't stink it up in summer league then my mindset is it's nice but let's see how preseason go when they'll be playing at least some minutes vs some of the top players in this league. I said it weeks ago but most importantly you just don't want your draft picks to look like shit in summer league. I don't think anyone in the top half of the draft looked bad in summer league.

Zach Collins looked pretty terrible. Looks like he's a ways away from being Cody Zeller 2.0. Kennard looked pretty good to me. I wasn't really sold on him, but if you can shoot, you can shoot.

Donovan Mitchell really impressed me. I love his motor and his athleticism.

How about Jordan Bell though with a 5x5 the other day. 5 points, 11 board, 5 assists, 5 steals and 6 blocks. Swindle God looks to have gotten another solid second rounder. I think you'll see him in spurts this year for the Warriors. The only problem I see with him getting court time is he's not really a threat on the offensive end to score the ball. If you're playing him with the second unit, it'll be one less option to produce points.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bam looks dope so far. I'm biased, but I think he'll end up being a really productive player in his first few years. His ceiling will be determined by how much he can improve on the offensive end. Defensively and rebounding wise, he'll make an early impact.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zach Collins looked pretty terrible. Looks like he's a ways away from being Cody Zeller 2.0. Kennard looked pretty good to me. I wasn't really sold on him, but if you can shoot, you can shoot.

Donovan Mitchell really impressed me. I love his motor and his athleticism.

How about Jordan Bell though with a 5x5 the other day. 5 points, 11 board, 5 assists, 5 steals and 6 blocks. Swindle God looks to have gotten another solid second rounder. I think you'll see him in spurts this year for the Warriors. The only problem I see with him getting court time is he's not really a threat on the offensive end to score the ball. If you're playing him with the second unit, it'll be one less option to produce points.

I agree on all these. Collins looked pretty terrible. I have to think part of it is readiness and the other part is that the Blazers employed a traditional 2 big lineup against teams that were playing smaller. That can easily throw a young player off.

I was disappointed that we didn't get a look at Malik Monk or Ntilikina. Those were two players I was most interested to see this summer. Oh well.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bam looks dope so far. I'm biased, but I think he'll end up being a really productive player in his first few years. His ceiling will be determined by how much he can improve on the offensive end. Defensively and rebounding wise, he'll make an early impact.

Playing time could be limited too. James Johnson, Olynyk and Bam will all be fighting for minutes alongside Whiteside at the 4. The Heat are extremely deep. He might only play about 20 minutes year 1.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,896.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zach Lowe‏Verified account @ZachLowe_NBA 6m6 minutes ago
Pelicans officials are meeting with Rajon Rondo today in Louisville about a possible one-year deal, league sources tell ESPN.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playing time could be limited too. James Johnson, Olynyk and Bam will all be fighting for minutes alongside Whiteside at the 4. The Heat are extremely deep. He might only play about 20 minutes year 1.

I forgot about the Olynyk signing. Yeah, that makes it tougher for him to get solid minutes.