• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 MBBRL ROLL CALL AND NOMINATION THREAD

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the actual post of the rules August 18th, 2014, post #3468 on the main MBBRL thread. (Sorry it took me awhile to find it, but I have it saved now). Of course most of this was included in the new constitution as well.

Per Wil White:

All right, here we go then (I'll post it on both boards). Tweaked it a little:

MBBRL Rules Revisited

• First, don't abandon your team
  • Second, keep posting
  • Third, no douchey plays (for example, if you're about to face AP who went down, picking up Gerhart on a waiver is legit - but if the team you're facing next week has Aaron Rodgers on a bye and the back-up Eli Manning just got hurt in a Thursday game, don't run to your computer first and do five add/drops to pick up all the QBs). We're all supposed to be good players beating each other straight-up. If you wonder about a move, ask.
Trades are always allowed (well, except draft pick trades).

Relegation

In normal circumstances, two teams will move up from the B league to the A league and two teams will move down from the A league to the B league. Teams moving down will be determined by power rankings. In the event of a tie, H2H will be the first tiebreaker, breakdown record will be the second tiebreaker, total points the third tiebreaker -- and if we still have a tie, whoever does better in a Fantasy Playoff Challenge to be determined.

The two teams moving up from the B League will go according to these criteria:
1. Champion
2. Regular season breakdown leader
3. Top seed
4. Regular season power rankings leader
5. Regular season points leader
If the B League champion meets all the other criteria, only a single team moves up (and only a single team moves down). Otherwise, the other B League team with the top-most criterion also moves up. (In the unlikely event of a tie, we'll again go to a Fantasy Playoff Challenge as the tiebreaker.)

To Spice Things Up
If in the regular season the B league outscores the A league by more than 168 FF points (one point per team per week), FOUR teams move instead of two. If that happens and the B League criteria above doesn't provide four teams, we'll use playoff seeding for the rest.

Also, the bottom two B League Teams are relegated out into Oblivion to make room for new blood - although at the beginning of the next season they can try to get nomination and support to get back in, on an even footing with everyone else who wants in.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to beat the A league by at least 169, we can do it!

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell you my theory of why the B league is usually at a disadvantage. It's usually the newbies, take myself for example. I played FF before I landed in here, but it wasn't really all that competitive. Mostly everyone just got by with their general knowledge of football, nobody keep up with the latest news. So when I first started here I was way behind, but I've learned. I pour over most everything that could relate to FF now. Our newest members do not have that disadvantage, they are up on all the latest, got their own strategy etc. The A league in the meantime culls their clan and grabs the cream from the B league. However there is a flaw, sometimes a really good FF just has incredibly bad luck and falls to the B league, and vs versus . It's a perfect storm a brewing...that's my story and I'm sticking to it.:nod:

I would be the first to admit that last year I had the perfect storm of good luck with injuries and late round draft picks.

As far as the competition in these leagues, I see myself as a B graded fantasy player and most of the people in these leagues are A graded players.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be the first to admit that last year I had the perfect storm of good luck with injuries and late round draft picks.

As far as the competition in these leagues, I see myself as a B graded fantasy player and most of the people in these leagues are A graded players.

You under estimate your self. Think you have progressed and you'll continue that. Mostly try to stay away from radical stragedy and you'll do fine. Heck I'm still in the B league after quite a while and I'm full of confidence in myself. Might be delusional IDK, but I got it.:nod:

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

we're all good players. period

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I took a rookie QB with my first ever pick Vinny Testeverde. Scoring was done on an old computer and got the stats out of the USA today.

Showed up to my first draft in 2001 not even knowing what fantasy football was. Drafted Peyton Manning first. The bad part was I drafted Martin Gramatica 3rd.

I remember checking the newspaper too.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listening to those who been playing FF long enough to have to get their news from a paper makes me chuckle. How things have changed.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I see myself as a C type player....maybe closer to D

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see myself as a C type player....maybe closer to D

Geez bksballer89, think your fine. Don't think your as deep into nabbing every nugget that pertains to FF as some and like me you might maybe be a bit of a homer. I say there's nothing wrong with that. Got to support your team.Priorties.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I started with basketball for fantasy. Me and some buddies put actual trading cards in a bucket and that is how we drafted our teams. Every trade was $1 and scoring was done using a calculator and paper and pencil.

I stopped playing it this way once I got Bill Wennington three times in a row

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't put anyone currently in any of the MBBRL leagues any lower than a B-.. the passion to be on here often enough to quality for membership alone means were all above the average bear in my book

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't put anyone currently in any of the MBBRL leagues any lower than a B-.. the passion to be on here often enough to quality for membership alone means were all above the average bear in my book

I probably should have said two tier levels of players in these leagues instead of grades. Everyone of us in these leagues are above average.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
grade us all...