• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 Lions Draft Thread

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You want another small RB?

Who also would be our THIRD white one!

If you keep enough white RB's. One eventually has to be good right? You know, numbers game.

We could draft McCafferey and force him to get his hair braided and get a dark tan.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pre combine Lions draft wishlist

1st round
Solomon Thomas DE One of the best pass rushers in the draft should be long gone when we pick, but i can dream
Dalvin Cook RB The only RB i liked better than him in the past 5 years or so is Gurley
Derek Barnett DE Polished with fantastic hand technique he should be good against the pass and the run
Caleb Brantley DT The 3 tech we need powerful with a great first step a strong combine performance could put him in the top 10 he reminds me of Geno Atkins
Ryan Ramczyk OT I haven't been able to find much film on this guy, but have seen him being compared to Joe Staley so i'm assuming he's tough with a mean streak
Taco Charlton DE Good pass rusher that is liability in the run game reminds me of Randy Gregory who i thought was going to be a bust, but if these other guys are off the board we could take a chance on him

2nd round
Malik McDowell DE Physically gifted who played mostly inside so he should know how to shed blockers has red flags though rep for being lazy and multiple failed drug tests
Zach Cunningham LB Great in pass coverage similar to what Levy was
Cam Robinson RT Powerful run blocker with below average pass blocking skills can't handle speed
Evan Engram TE Reminds me of Shannon Sharpe big and fast WR playing TE don't expect any blocking from him
Tim Williams DE Another good pass rusher who is liability in the run game plus he had some off the field issues
Jabrill Peppers SS/WIL

3rd round
Dorian Johnson OG Solid in both pass and run blocking should be scheme versatile
Kendell Beckwith MLB Similar to Stephen Tulloch great run stopper poor in pass coverage
Chad Hansen WR Faster version of Jarvis Landry, good rout runner with decent hands

4th round and beyond
Samjae Perine RB Powerful 1 cut runner that knows how to hold on to the ball reminds me of Jerome Bettis
Charles Walker DT Could be a rotational 3 tech that comes in on passing downs
Tanzel Smart DT Undersized 3 tech disruptive with a strong motor
Corey Clement RB Has some attitude and injury concerns, but as a late round pick we could bring him in to compete with ZZ for the short yardage role with some upside

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1st round
Solomon Thomas DE One of the best pass rushers in the draft should be long gone when we pick, but i can dream
Dalvin Cook RB The only RB i liked better than him in the past 5 years or so is Gurley
Derek Barnett DE Polished with fantastic hand technique he should be good against the pass and the run
Caleb Brantley DT The 3 tech we need powerful with a great first step a strong combine performance could put him in the top 10 he reminds me of Geno Atkins
Ryan Ramczyk OT I haven't been able to find much film on this guy, but have seen him being compared to Joe Staley so i'm assuming he's tough with a mean streak
Taco Charlton DE Good pass rusher that is liability in the run game reminds me of Randy Gregory who i thought was going to be a bust, but if these other guys are off the board we could take a chance on him

2nd round
Malik McDowell DE Physically gifted who played mostly inside so he should know how to shed blockers has red flags though rep for being lazy and multiple failed drug tests
Cam Robinson RT Powerful run blocker with below average pass blocking skills can't handle speed
Evan Engram TE Reminds me of Shannon Sharpe big and fast WR playing TE don't expect any blocking from him
Tim Williams DE Another good pass rusher who is liability in the run game plus he had some off the field issues
Jabrill Peppers SS/WIL

3rd round
Dorian Johnson OG Solid in both pass and run blocking should be scheme versatile
Kendell Beckwith MLB Similar to Stephen Tulloch great run stopper poor in pass coverage
Chad Hansen WR Faster version of Jarvis Landry, good rout runner with decent hands

4th round and beyond
Samjae Perine RB Powerful 1 cut runner that knows how to hold on to the ball reminds me of Jerome Bettis
Corey Clement RB Has some attitude and injury concerns, but as a late round pick we could bring him in to compete with ZZ for the short yardage role with some upside

R1:
All the chuckle heads at ESPN have us picking a DE. Unfortunately none of them are astute enough to realize our passing rushing woes had nothing to do with DE play. In fact it was everything but DE. No push inside, poor LBs, and the softest zone I have ever seen at the pro level was the reason. Reggie white in his prime would not have changed anything. Hopefully round 1 is not wasted on a DE. I am good with any of your other picks.

R2:
Cunningham and Peppers would be good here. Not sure Peppers lasts till late in the 2nd though.

R3:
Johnson is BQs type of player

R4:
Smart could be a steal. Another BQ type player.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1st round

2nd round
Jabrill Peppers SS/WIL

3rd round

4th round and beyond
I'd be all about Perine in the 4th.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1st round

2nd round
Jabrill Peppers SS/WIL

3rd round

4th round and beyond

Dalvin Cook is exactly what our 30th ranked rushing offense needs. It is by far the biggest achilles heel on the team.

There are a ton of holes so anything will really work.

The only thing I am not wanting is anyone with the "lazy label" in the first 3 rounds.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Stomp

Love your 3rd round guys.
Perine would be awesome value in the 4th for me.

I'm big on Cunningham and Beckwith, just wish I could squeeze their strengths together. Cunningham would be the better of the two for me, as he should be 3 a down backer.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Stomp

Love your 3rd round guys.
Perine would be awesome value in the 4th for me.

I'm big on Cunningham and Beckwith, just wish I could squeeze their strengths together. Cunningham would be the better of the two for me, as he should be 3 a down backer.

Cunningham looks athletic enough. Not sure if I am sold on him as an NFLer though. He has those pencil legs. NFL linebackers need to be built more like bowling balls like Tulloch. Stocky and thick.

Dude might get flat out run over by Jordan Howard or Eddy Lacy (If he is resigned).

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pre Combine mock 1

1 CLE Mitch Trubinski QB
2 SF Deshaun Watson QB
3 CHI Malik Hooker S
4 JAX Myles Garrett Edge
5 TEN Jamal Adams S
6 NYJ Solomon Thomas Edge
7 LAC Jonathan Allen DL
8 CAR Ryan Ramcyzk OT
9 CIN Rueben Foster LB
10 BUF Marshon Lattimore CB
11 NO Derek Barnett Edge
12 CLE Leonard Fournette RB
13 ARI Corey Davis WR
14 IND Garrett Bolles OT
15 PHI Mike Williams WR
16 BAL Tim Williams Edge
17 WAS Dalvin Cook RB
18 TEN OJ Howard TE
19 TB David Njoku TE
20 DEN Cam Robinson OT
21 DET Caleb Brantley DL
22 MIA Taco Charlton Edge
23 NYG Malik McDowell DE
24 OAK Teez Tabor CB
25 HOU DeShone Kizer QB
26 SEA Forrest Lamp OG
27 KC Joe Mixon RB
28 DAL John Ross WR
29 GB Christian McCaffrey RB
30 PIT Charles Harris Edge
31 ATL Takkarist Mckinley Edge
32 NE Quincey Williams CB

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bengals not resigning Zeitler. Could save us a draft pick and improve on a big hole in our O-line. I dont usually like paying inside lineman big money, but this guy would be a huge upgrade. I dont want ot see Tomlinson out there.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bengals not resigning Zeitler. Could save us a draft pick and improve on a big hole in our O-line. I dont usually like paying inside lineman big money, but this guy would be a huge upgrade. I dont want ot see Tomlinson out there.

There isn't any amount of money I wouldn't pay to see Tomlinson not out there.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He will be part of a highest bidder war with 5 or more teams. He's worth overpaying to small degree. Just not sure he's worth possibly taking money away from Ziggy and Matty.

Surely he can have any money allocated for Ebron.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jonathan Cooper is going to test the market if he's cheap i'd like to see us make him an offer

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Daniel Jeremiah Bucky Brooks joint mock from their podcast

• 1. Cleveland Browns - Myles Garrett DE
  • 2. San Francisco 49ers - Solomon Thomas DE
  • 3. Chicago Bears - Mitch Trubisky QB
  • 4. Jacksonville Jaguars - Jamal Adams S
  • 5. Tennessee Titans - Malik Hooker S
  • 6. New York Jets - Marshon Lattimore CB
  • 7. Los Angeles Chargers - Reuben Foster LB
  • 8. Carolina Panthers - Leonard Fournette RB
  • 9. Cincinatti Bengals - Ryan Ramyczyk OT
  • 10. Buffalo Bills - Corey Davis WR
  • 11. New Orleans Saints - Derek Barnett DE
  • 12. Cleveland Browns - Jonathan Allen DT
  • 13. Arizona Cardinals - DeShone Kizer QB
  • 14. Indianapolis Colts - Taco Charlton DE
  • 15. Philadelphia Eagles - Mike Williams WR
  • 16. Baltimore Ravens - Sidney Jones CB
  • 17. Washington Redskins - John Ross WR
  • 18. Tennessee Titans - Quincy Wilson CB
  • 19. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Dalvin Cook RB
  • 20. Denver Broncos - O.J. Howard TE
  • 21. Detroit Lions - Forrest Lamp G
  • 22. Miami Dolphins - Takkarist McKinley DE
  • 23. New York Giants - Charles Harris DE
  • 24. Oakland Raiders - Teez Tabor CB
  • 25. Houston Texans - Budda Baker S
  • 26. Seattle Seahawks - Garett Bolles OT
  • 27. Kansas City Chiefs - Deshaun Watson QB
  • 28. Dallas Cowboys - David Njoku TE
  • 29. Green Bay Packers - Christian McCaffery RB
  • 30. Pittsburgh Steelers - Jarrad Davis LB
  • 31. Atlanta Falcons - Dan Feeney G
  • 32. New England Patriots - Haason Reddick LB

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Daniel Jeremiah Bucky Brooks joint mock from their podcast

• 1. Cleveland Browns - Myles Garrett DE
  • 2. San Francisco 49ers - Solomon Thomas DE
  • 3. Chicago Bears - Mitch Trubisky QB
  • 4. Jacksonville Jaguars - Jamal Adams S
  • 5. Tennessee Titans - Malik Hooker S
  • 6. New York Jets - Marshon Lattimore CB
  • 7. Los Angeles Chargers - Reuben Foster LB
  • 8. Carolina Panthers - Leonard Fournette RB
  • 9. Cincinatti Bengals - Ryan Ramyczyk OT
  • 10. Buffalo Bills - Corey Davis WR
  • 11. New Orleans Saints - Derek Barnett DE
  • 12. Cleveland Browns - Jonathan Allen DT
  • 13. Arizona Cardinals - DeShone Kizer QB
  • 14. Indianapolis Colts - Taco Charlton DE
  • 15. Philadelphia Eagles - Mike Williams WR
  • 16. Baltimore Ravens - Sidney Jones CB
  • 17. Washington Redskins - John Ross WR
  • 18. Tennessee Titans - Quincy Wilson CB
  • 19. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Dalvin Cook RB
  • 20. Denver Broncos - O.J. Howard TE
  • 21. Detroit Lions - Forrest Lamp G
  • 22. Miami Dolphins - Takkarist McKinley DE
  • 23. New York Giants - Charles Harris DE
  • 24. Oakland Raiders - Teez Tabor CB
  • 25. Houston Texans - Budda Baker S
  • 26. Seattle Seahawks - Garett Bolles OT
  • 27. Kansas City Chiefs - Deshaun Watson QB
  • 28. Dallas Cowboys - David Njoku TE
  • 29. Green Bay Packers - Christian McCaffery RB
  • 30. Pittsburgh Steelers - Jarrad Davis LB
  • 31. Atlanta Falcons - Dan Feeney G
  • 32. New England Patriots - Haason Reddick LB

Meh. Has the Jags passing on Fournette. Has us taking Gump ahead of Robinson when we can easily find a G in FA and need a RT as well. A DT could be our greatest need if we dont sign some FAs. I would be OK with taking that dude in the 2nd for sure.

I do agree with taking a lineman though. Either side would work.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forget about Cook. Turns out he punches women too. :L

MMQB's Albert Breer mentions Florida State RB Dalvin Cook's "off-field questions" as a reason he may not pass LSU's Leonard Fournette to be this year's first running back drafted.

Breer didn't elaborate, but it's not the first time "off-field issues" have been mentioned regarding Cook. Cook was suspended for allegedly punching a woman outside a Tallahassee bar in 2015 -- it wasn't caught on video like Joe Mixon -- and Cook was also cited in 2014 for leaving three pitbull puppies chained up by their necks in an unsheltered area, resulting in a $550 fine. Cook apparently had two more non-detailed run-ins with police at Florida State.