• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 Irish Football

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Post your thoughts, tweets, and whatever you want to talk about now and throughout the season..

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trevor Matich is picking ND to win at least 10 games and make it into the playoff. He is smarter than he looks.

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trevor Matich is picking ND to win at least 10 games and make it into the playoff. He is smarter than he looks.
It's certainly possible. A 2-0 start to the season would really help me believe.

nathans8823

Well-Known Notre Dame Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 203.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's certainly possible. A 2-0 start to the season would really help me believe.
Eh, I'm still skeptical about our schedule... for a new QB it will be hard. Sure, we have good WRs but the opponents on our schedule could be too much for a very good season.

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, I'm still skeptical about our schedule... for a new QB it will be hard. Sure, we have good WRs but the opponents on our schedule could be too much for a very good season.
Im not entirely sold on Georgia just yet, so if things come together well, a 6-0 start is plausible.

If that happens, and we can steal a win at Stanford or Miami(No easy task, I'm aware), 10-2 is not crazy per se.

That being said, gun to my head, I think 8 or 9 wins is probably where we'll end up.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not entirely sold on Georgia just yet, so if things come together well, a 6-0 start is plausible.

If that happens, and we can steal a win at Stanford or Miami(No easy task, I'm aware), 10-2 is not crazy per se.

That being said, gun to my head, I think 8 or 9 wins is probably where we'll end up.

Georgia's strength is their D-line, their weakness is the O-line. Our strength is the O-line and our weakness is the D-line. Should be interesting. I think it's harder to get a new O-line to play as a unit, so I see this as an advantage to ND to play this game this early in the season. Even with the quality backs that Georgia has.

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Georgia's strength is their D-line, their weakness is the O-line. Our strength is the O-line and our weakness is the D-line. Should be interesting. I think it's harder to get a new O-line to play as a unit, so I see this as an advantage to ND to play this game this early in the season. Even with the quality backs that Georgia has.
It's definitely going to be a good gauge for the running game early, as well as whether or not we can defend it.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's definitely going to be a good gauge for the running game early, as well as whether or not we can defend it.

Especially considering we will have a new D-coordinator running a new D. Georgia will have to look at Wake Forrest films to see how we will play, but they will have to guess who plays where. That's where a rookie O-line might have issues.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@nathans8823 @Vyle203

I'll pin this thread up when we're two weeks from kickoff. Don't ask me why, maybe just because I'll be really smelling football by then. Something to mark how close we are to Temple, I guess.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Josh Adams too.

The only reason I didn't include Josh is that I think we have three really good running backs. While I could see him getting to 1,000 yards, I think the other two will also get snaps. If Mcglinchy and Nelson are as good as advertised, we would be crazy not to maximize our running attack this year. (Of course, sometimes Kelly looks a little crazy).

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mcglinchey and Nelson were just ranked the #5 and #1 offensive linemen in the country. And then Kelly just said that Barr is the top performer in the preseason practice. We could have a truly outstanding line this year. Great thing for a new QB and a bunch of good running backs. I'm getting pumped.

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mcglinchey and Nelson were just ranked the #5 and #1 offensive linemen in the country. And then Kelly just said that Barr is the top performer in the preseason practice. We could have a truly outstanding line this year. Great thing for a new QB and a bunch of good running backs. I'm getting pumped.
Yea the offense could be really good. I'm excited to see the new Chip Long pace too.

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*personal antecdote*

I met a Domer from the class of '95 last night at the park with my kids.

We talked for about an hour. It was really cool. She knows Bettis really well and they even have a couple of business ventures together. She told me all about the way he was in school and how much fun he is to be around. She also talked about how much pain he was in even early on in his NFL career, and today. Tough to hear, but a grim reality for many former and even current players.

She was also very close with Demetrius DuBose, and became really upset talking about what a cool guy he was, and how things began to turn sour for him. They still kept in contact frequently up until his untimely death. It was a very sobering conversation.

Anyway, I really enjoyed listening to her stories, and thought I'd share a cool experience I had.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*personal antecdote*

I met a Domer from the class of '95 last night at the park with my kids.

We talked for about an hour. It was really cool. She knows Bettis really well and they even have a couple of business ventures together. She told me all about the way he was in school and how much fun he is to be around. She also talked about how much pain he was in even early on in his NFL career, and today. Tough to hear, but a grim reality for many former and even current players.

She was also very close with Demetrius DuBose, and became really upset talking about what a cool guy he was, and how things began to turn sour for him. They still kept in contact frequently up until his untimely death. It was a very sobering conversation.

Anyway, I really enjoyed listening to her stories, and thought I'd share a cool experience I had.

Thanks for the story. I'd give it a "like", but it's hard to like stuff about Dubose and Bettis' difficulties without looking like you're happy about it.