• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 AL CENTRAL DISCUSSION

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF Wolverines can beat #2 seed Louisville, I'll join the UM bandwagon with doug. Louisville is a heavy favorite, so I suspect doug is gathering excuses right now.
Well, I'll give UM credit- they've gotten their shit together late if nothing else.

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimbo....had to give pep talk. Lot of heart!!!
To bad little brother showed no heart. Sparty.sad.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JD Martinez hurting. If he is out for opener, I can't wait to see an outfield of Upton, Mahtook, and Moya. That has post-season written all over it.

Sign Angel Pagan.

Tyler Collins and Alex Pressley are also hurting. If JD's foot is any worse than they are thinking (X-rays for a fracture were negative), the four outfielders would be Upton, Moya, Mahtook and JaCoby Jones. Ugh. The whiff totals from that quartet would be UGLY.

I don't know why Al Avila isn't all over Pagan. I can only guess that Pagan, who will be 36 on July 2, is holding out for a three-year deal. It's likely that no team will give him more than two years.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@broncosmitty

I was reading 2017's Baseball Prospectus and thought you would get a kick out of Bauer's blurb:

A boy and his drone, selected highlights, 2016:
February - while in Arizona for spring training, Bauer takes his beloved drone to a park. He encounters a man who suggests he should use the drone in a comedy film about a bank robbery, to which Bauer responds that drone-users already have a stigma and so a drone movie should not include robbery. He films the conversation and uploads it to YouTube, with flight footage from the drone set to "A Little Less Conversation" by Elvis.
April - The Chicago Tribune reports that "a Cleveland Indians player" has crashed a drone into the White Sox video scoreboard. Bauer claims he didn't do it.
July - "Trevor Bauer and friends recover treed drone in dead of night" is a headline in the Cleveland Plain Dealer.
October - Bauer tries to repair his drone before a playoff start and costs his finger badly enough that his start must be pushed back. The he does start, he bleeds so profusely on the mound that he must be removed in the first inning.
Conclusion: Bauer continued to be maddeningly inconsistent, and even at his best is more fascinating than he is productive.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doug - what's up with JD Martinez? I hear he strained his vulva trying to stuff a summer squash in there. Might not be ready for opening day.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doug - what's up with JD Martinez? I hear he strained his vulva trying to stuff a summer squash in there. Might not be ready for opening day.

Doug has said repeatedly that CF is not important. Therefore - how important can RF be? Tigers simply shift one of their ''not important'' CFers over to right. Perhaps Mahtook - whose Heart will grow three times its size in a Tiger uniform!
I am wondering if doug is concerned with Zimmermann's Heart and his 15.00 ERA this spring? But, I am sure doug will tell us that "Heart" won't be delivered to the team until opening day.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd talk shit about a good White Sox player, but I can't think of any.

From now on I'll only talk shit about the Tigers because of doug. He probably had an accident in his pants after meeeechegan advanced to the Sweet 16.

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Latino players tend to act hurt. Need attention. All of them do it. But I'D has to much HEART. If he misses tome. It won't be much. He has Indian ads whipping on his list this year

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Latino players tend to act hurt. Need attention. All of them do it. But I'D has to much HEART. If he misses tome. It won't be much. He has Indian ads whipping on his list this year

Anyone have a universal translator?

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doug....do you even entertain the idea that Detroit might have to go into Fire Sale mode come July? They have a ridiculously high team salary and an awful farm system with very little to offer the major league club in the next year or two. If this team is stumbling along at around .500 by the All Star break....it is my opinion that they need to start dumping every big contract they can...even if it means eating millions of dollars. That means, even if your hero Verlander is pitching well, trade him for a good prospect.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doug....do you even entertain the idea that Detroit might have to go into Fire Sale mode come July? They have a ridiculously high team salary ....

The Tigers have $56 million coming off the books next year (Sanchez, Kinsler, JD, Pelfrey, Lowe, F-Rod), plus another $22 million of annual salary if Upton exercises his option to bolt. That gives the team plenty of under-the-cap flexibility for 2018 without going into total fire sale mode.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone have a universal translator?

With some of doug's comments it's better to read them backwards so they kinda make sense. But often that doesn't help either.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Tigers have $56 million coming off the books next year (Sanchez, Kinsler, JD, Pelfrey, Lowe, F-Rod), plus another $22 million of annual salary if Upton exercises his option to bolt. That gives the team plenty of under-the-cap flexibility for 2018 without going into total fire sale mode.

Yeah, but I think the point is that the cupboards in the farm system are bare. Having salary off the books isn't going to help that. All those people coming "off the books" will need to be replaced on the roster.

I tend to agree with the consensus view that if the Tigers fall too far behind by June, they're going to move some big names.

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With some of doug's comments it's better to read them backwards so they kinda make sense. But often that doesn't help either.
I swing my cell phone. Screen is small. Galaxy S7. Plus in hospital bed right. So some typos getting your panties in a knot...get a life