• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 AL CENTRAL DISCUSSION

Erie Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,827.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure. Tigers have a late game on get away day!!
Any thing to make it tougher on the tigers.
Give Indians a easy road.
The league is embarrassed for the Indians and that 1948 thingy...... so league helping Indians. Holding the tigers down. 11 game road trip. Last game on get away day is night game. What a sham

I don't buy it Doug. I don't see the B1G making it any easier on UM to help them win their first Natty since we broke the sound barrier. Why would MLB make it easier on the Tribe?

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One raggedy clothed bozo once told me (with can of beer held firmly in his hand) that he was, at one time, going to be named Plant Manager of a Ford auto plant - "but his alarm didn't go off that morning" , so.........
My response was, "So you decided to go into Laundromat management instead?"

Reminds me of of a past life, when I used to bartend at a hot college bar, the pay's not great, but the benefits are awesome...

sex-in-laundry-room.jpg

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did doug approve this:suds:

MLB Network's Jon Morosi reports that the Tigers will make all veterans available via trade if they're still under .500 by the end of June.

It's the same stance they seemingly had going into last winter before they wound up essentially just standing pat. However, the Tigers have an aging roster that seems unlikely to be in the thick of the playoff race and also the desire to cut payroll, so it's not hard to see the writing on the wall here. Morosi notes that Justin Wilson drew the most interest of any Tigers player last offseason and that interest has surely only piqued given how good he's been in the first two months. However, we could see Detroit unload several players, from impending free agent J.D. Martinez to possibly even Justin Verlander. The Tigers are currently two games under .500 and 4.5 games behind the Twins in the American League Central.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

MLB Network's Jon Morosi reports that the Tigers will make all veterans available via trade if they're still under .500 by the end of June.

It's the same stance they seemingly had going into last winter before they wound up essentially just standing pat. However, the Tigers have an aging roster that seems unlikely to be in the thick of the playoff race and also the desire to cut payroll, so it's not hard to see the writing on the wall here. Morosi notes that Justin Wilson drew the most interest of any Tigers player last offseason and that interest has surely only piqued given how good he's been in the first two months. However, we could see Detroit unload several players, from impending free agent J.D. Martinez to possibly even Justin Verlander. The Tigers are currently two games under .500 and 4.5 games behind the Twins in the American League Central.
Sounds about right. Had an insider (I want to say Morosi or Olney, but can't remember for sure) pretty much indicate the Tigers would abandon ship very quickly if things went the way of the titanic.

In the same vain the Royals are supposedly going to be a bit more stubborn and wait.

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hopefully some of these guys can get moved to a contender.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It makes sense. I would much rather see them try to work out an extension for J.D. Martinez now, and put guys like Verlander and/or Cabrera on the block, even if the Tigers have to eat some cash to do so. J.D. is still relatively young and hitting his peak years. Trading Justin Wilson is a bad idea unless the other team offers a pile of prospects. The Tigers need bullpen help more than anything. Wilson is one of the few reliable guys in an otherwise terrible bullpen, and he's also relatively cheap.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, this could be ugly... The Tigers play a night game in Houston today, probably get into Chicago at 3 AM on Friday, then have to play a doubleheader that same day. Meanwhile, the Chisox have a day off today.

Then there's the fact that the Tigers are starting Buck Farmer in the early game Friday. Yuck.
Nicks rested.

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You talking this week?
Now see here you bitter little monkey....we have the best bullpen in all of baseball. We don't often get to be the best of anything so I am enjoying it.

Your bullpen looks like the green room of the George Lopez Show

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now see here you bitter little monkey....we have the best bullpen in all of baseball. We don't often get to be the best of anything so I am enjoying it.

Your bullpen looks like the green room of the George Lopez Show
We swapped out a Mexican for an Aussie though.

And the second W is silent for some reason. And Eucalyptus leaves are poisonous, but that's 38.7% of their diet. Warwick Saupold, don't bother remembering it. Unless you're into athlete police reports.

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds about right. Had an insider (I want to say Morosi or Olney, but can't remember for sure) pretty much indicate the Tigers would abandon ship very quickly if things went the way of the titanic.

In the same vain the Royals are supposedly going to be a bit more stubborn and wait.
Ain't over till it's over. Tigers just a couple games back. Indians and twins to pass. Easy ...piece of cake

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. At krogers. Some guy walks by me...wearing a tiger jersey... a. CHAMBERLAIN jersey. Wow.. just. Wow

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We swapped out a Mexican for an Aussie though.

And the second W is silent for some reason. And Eucalyptus leaves are poisonous, but that's 38.7% of their diet. Warwick Saupold, don't bother remembering it. Unless you're into athlete police reports.
sounds more like Doug's thing