• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017-2018 Philadelphia 76ers Season

TheSnowdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team needs to learn how to finish games.

Washington, Boston, and now Houston have all been winnable games and the team just didn’t get it done late in the game.

Agreed

The talent is there to win these games but now the Sixers have to learn how to win those games

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their defense to stop the 3 at the end was actually pretty good. But when Harden passed to Gordon, he stumble into Embiid and knocked him off balance. And that caused Embiid not to be able block that shot.

SixthStreet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a crazy young team. You need to go through the fire to learn to win close games. It doesn't just happen. I think Simmons will take a lot away from the last few minutes of this game if he wants to run the offense. He'll understand that because he isn't a shooter he needs to initiate the offense earlier in the shot clock so that you don't get stuck up against it.

In a perfect world, the ball is in a healthy Fultz's hands when you are protecting a lead late and want to take shots at the end of shot clocks. Because he would be able to initiate the offense late like Simmons did yesterday to create a good shot for himself first, and pass if he draws defenders.

It's part of the reason we traded up for Fultz and why he's such a good fit with Simmons. To put the ball in his hands in late shot clock situations where Simmons isn't nearly as lethal as most of the game (because of the lack of threat of shooting). If Fultz was healthy and playing, I can almost be certain he would have been handling the ball the last 4 possessions.

What we should have done at the end of the game without Fultz was throw the ball into the post to Embiid and have him face up, draw the double and start passing the ball to a shot or let him go to work if the double doesn't come. Simmons becomes your rim runner/cutter and there's three shooters fanned out at the 3 for the kickout and swing passes.

As much as the game stung, there will be a lot to learn and teach as a result of the loss. I'm sure we will see improvement in what's run the next time it happens.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The loss to Houston hurts.
I felt like we got outcoached in the end.
There's no way Bayless should be dribbling to determine our fate, unless he's coasting in for a layup.
Why didn't they run a PnR with Embiid/Simmons?
One of those two has to determine the game, whether it's creating their own shot or dishing to someone else who is wide open.

It's a tough start.
Our 5 opponents are 15-8, so it's not entirely unexpected, but they need to learn how to close games out by using their stars, not hiding them.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The loss to Houston hurts.
I felt like we got outcoached in the end.
There's no way Bayless should be dribbling to determine our fate, unless he's coasting in for a layup.
Why didn't they run a PnR with Embiid/Simmons?
One of those two has to determine the game, whether it's creating their own shot or dishing to someone else who is wide open.

It's a tough start.
Our 5 opponents are 15-8, so it's not entirely unexpected, but they need to learn how to close games out by using their stars, not hiding them.

The schedule gets a little easier over the next 2 weeks.

At Dallas (1-4)
At Houston (4-1)
Atlanta (1-4)
Indiana (2-3)
At Utah (2-3)
At Sacramento (1-4)

4 road games but winnable games. If they were a good team, I'd expect them to go 5-1 or 4-2 in this stretch. But they aren't quit there yet, so my hope is 3-3.

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Dallas game might be a tough one. Ya know Noel wants revenge and gonna put up monster numbers to secure a win.

:pound:yeah right!!!!!!!!!!! Sixers should win easily tomorrow night.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The lack of turnovers by Simmons is really the most impressive thing about him to me so far. Hit some tough shots today, as well. My biggest relief of this game (not that the sixers hung on), is Embiid got up near the end of the 2nd after Matthews tripped him. Fuck that guy.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another close game down to the wire.

We had a foul to give, so why not foul Ferrell at half court, then force them to throw the ball backwards and dribble up again? Dallas had no time outs left. Still, it's a good win and hopefully they can build off of this, especially without Redick in the lineup. Embiid had like half our turnovers.

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well fultz is done. 1st it was 3 games. Now it's 3 weeks. Next it's gonna be after the new year. Then it's after the all star break. And finally, out for the year.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well fultz is done. 1st it was 3 games. Now it's 3 weeks. Next it's gonna be after the new year. Then it's after the all star break. And finally, out for the year.

Like it or not, the team is better right now without Fultz. Hopefully he can get healthy and contribute during the playoff run.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like it or not, the team is better right now without Fultz. Hopefully he can get healthy and contribute during the playoff run.
Really glad to see TJ attempting a 3 per game now. Offensively he really reminds me of when we had Andre Miller, he knows how to get everyone involved and takes his shot when it's needed.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, we've seen this song and dance before. Hope it's not the case. A bit worrisome that they say there's no structural damage and they can't figure out what's wrong.

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well on the good side, I think Embiid and Simmons are much better because they sat out. They've watched, learned, and was better equipped to handle practice and work out schedules. So hopefully the same will be for Fultz.

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big uckin win tonight. What a way to bounce back from that buzzer beater last week. Is this the best record through 7 games for coach Brown?

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big uckin win tonight. What a way to bounce back from that buzzer beater last week. Is this the best record through 7 games for coach Brown?
For the first 7 to start a season, absolutely. 7 game period in a row, no.

Biggest sequence for me was near the end of the game with around 3 minutes left, where it looked like they might collapse. Then they go to Embiid in the post and follow it up with Simmons going coast to coast for the slam giving them a little breathing room.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next 4 games are all winnable. The next 2 are at home against Indiana and Atlanta. Could we see a winning record some time soon?

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next 4 games are all winnable. The next 2 are at home against Indiana and Atlanta. Could we see a winning record some time soon?
magic-8-ball-answer.png

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was in the da building tonight and what another good win. It wasn't pretty, but they bounced back after blowing a early 17 to 18 point lead in the 1st half. Simmons man, my GOD, no words. For a guy who can't shoot for shit, he knows how to score and fucking rebound. I'm not waiting on the day when his jumpers start falling. I'm waiting for the LeBron muscles to take forum. Then he'll really be unstoppable.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When was the last time we were .500????

Still need to clean up the turnovers, but the ball movement at times was mesmerizing.

Is it me or is Embiid jumping all over the place? He appears to be up in the air on every pump fake or attempted shot. Does he really need to do that?

It just seems reckless at times, which a) leads to cheap fouls and b) risks injury.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When was the last time we were .500????

Still need to clean up the turnovers, but the ball movement at times was mesmerizing.

Is it me or is Embiid jumping all over the place? He appears to be up in the air on every pump fake or attempted shot. Does he really need to do that?

It just seems reckless at times, which a) leads to cheap fouls and b) risks injury.

I believe the last time we were .500 or above was November 15, 2013 (roughly 4 years ago). It also happened after a game against Atlanta, except we lost that game to drop from 5-4 to 5-5.