• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017-2018 Philadelphia 76ers Season

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm curious to see what happens with Embiid on Friday. Both with how his body responds to the workload on Wednesday and what the no longer "minutes restriction" but "minutes range" ends up. All to be followed by the first b2b of the season. Really hoping there isn't a coming announcement he won't play on Friday, but will go on Saturday. I really hope they're done with those days. I don't care if he doesn't play this b2b, but don't play games to try and sell tickets.

TheSnowdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked what I saw out there
Obviously there are items to improve on

Sure there were some iffy ref calls but that is not why the Sixers lost

They need to improve defensively (although they had stretches where they defended well and had good energy on defense) especially court awareness on the defensive end - there were too many situations where Washington scored easy layups or dunks becaus eof a backdoor pass and the Sixers had their backs turned to the backdoor (I felt like at times I was warching the Eagles secondary from last year out there)

I would have liked to see more inside game - more pick and rolls etc. but that should come as the season goes along and the players get more familiar with each other

Embiid a little bit off out there at least in my opinion - maybe he was tired
Simmons looked silky smooth out there and that is only going to improve
Fultz is a 19 year old rookie - it showed especially when he first entered the game - it looked like he wante dot do everything at once. I'm not worried about him - he like Simmons is only going to improve. The game will slow down for him

This stat is something I like to see:
Covington - 29 points - +10
Embiid - 18 points / 13 rebounds - +1
Bayless - 13 points / 3 assists - +11
Simmons - 18 points / 10 rebounds / 5 assists - +3
Redick - 12 points / 4 assists - +17

The starters - all in double-figures in points with Embiid and Simmons posting a double-double and all starters in the plus for plus/minus

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also nice to see they're currently -1.5 point favorites at the moment. I remember going whole seasons with maybe 2 games where they were expected to win going into it.

SixthStreet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The game was lost on the defensive glass, IMO. I thought it was primarily when Embiid was sitting but also when he was on the court. We need to clean that up or it's going to be responsible for more losses. I didn't think it would be a weakness because Embiid, Simmons, and Saric are all plus rebounders. And Covington is pretty solid at the 3.

The third quarter turnovers also were a big factor. Although I think that's an anomaly based on how the team played through the preseason. It should be a lot less turnover prone than can be expected for a such a young team.

As a Fultz doubter, I was pretty impressed with him. I still think he's overly reliant on the spin move to create space and it's going to make him turnover prone, but he showed he is quick enough and crafty enough with his frame to create space to get himself in position to make shots for himself and create for others. He had a quality pull up jumper in the paint that will be unstoppable and a nice feed to Embiid for a dunk (or layup) that is a sign of things to come. He was also pretty solid fighting over screens on D and used his length to good effect. Wall used the rocker dribble to undress him a couple times but Fultz still forced him to shoot the jumper which is all you can ask for in those ISO situations.

It doesn't take someone familiar with basketball to see what a monster Simmons is going to become. He's got a chance to be the best player on a team that has Joel Embiid. It's almost incomprehensible that I actually typed that last sentence but it's true. It's a good time to be a Sixers fan.

If Embiid plays enough games, I wouldn't count out a run for home court in Round 1.

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, 2nd chance pts, poor shooting and bad decision making kill the Sixers tonight. They have a lot lot to learn. Embiid needs to keep his ass in that paint. Stop with these fckin 3s.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was out of my head during the game, so I'll have to go back later to watch it, that being said, i probably won't, they have another coming tomorrow. I was watching on my phone (the only thing that worked to stream it live for me), all game they were up theta then they went from being up 6 to gradually losing it to the point hey were down 10. fucking sucked.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Embiid needs to keep his ass in that paint. Stop with these fckin 3s.
+1... heck, plus a million.

Big Celtics fan here. I was watching the game last night and thanking my lucky stars that Embiid kept jacking up 3's.

The C's have no one on their roster to match his size and quickness in the post... but dude just kept floating out to the perimeter.

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp, same ole Sixers. Cut the strings loose and let Embiid play b2b. What are you saving him for?

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figured it would take time for everyone to gel but tonight was awful and last night was pretty bad. Hopefully they can notch their first win on Monday.

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They better win tomorrow.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They better win tomorrow.

They still have to play Houston twice in this recent stretch.
Remember, October and December are not friendly to us.
We just played 3 of the top what, 5 teams in the East.
If they are 3-7 after ten games, I think they are on the right track.
More favorable schedule starting in January.

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What if they'e 1-9 during this 10 game stretch? Coach Brown may have to go. Given the team he was dealt with the last 4 years, you can't blame everything him. But to keep losing with some talent that u didn' have before, you have to make a change I think.

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was almost a must win tonight. Good job

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First triple double for Ben.
Embiid with 30 pts.

Wash, spin, rinse, repeat.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
stan van gundy and his shitty mouth and pistons teams have been a saving grace for these sixers during our troubled times. fuck that cat.

that being said. i wasn't able to see this game, save the highlights. sounded like the team outside of ben and joel didn't play well. that fact that it's still good enough to win is cool. the 21 or so point lead coming so close sucked. i still never went back to that celtics game. i was watching it and it was very ho hum the first 2-3 quarters in my mind from what i can recall.

that being said, joel is still working himself back into shape and has no b2bs for a month. fuck that dude a lone along with Simmons. we've got new shooters (I still think of Bayless as new and JJ certainly is, needs time to gel). Cov and TJ know their roles and play defense and keep the offense rolling.

that being said, joel makes it through the year healthy (yeah, big if), him growing along with Ben, along with the rest of this cast, some of who know what to do, and the others that need to learn how to play within it? it's not a bad scenario.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good win, but we need some more cats stepping up ... Dario started out really well then went in the tank. Simmons and Embiid are great, but we need that 3rd wheel. Covington's a solid 4th wheel.

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fultz had his shoulder drained today. No decision has been yet on games missed.

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll put this lost on Simmons given up that ball with 10 seconds left. He has to shoot that.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll put this lost on Simmons given up that ball with 10 seconds left. He has to shoot that.

I wasn’t a fan of the goaltending call. We go to overtime without that call.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team needs to learn how to finish games.

Washington, Boston, and now Houston have all been winnable games and the team just didn’t get it done late in the game.