• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017-18 Ongoing Thread

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully Mojo has gotten his legs back and can add that secondary scoring we desperately need. Zajac or Zacha need to step it up and lockdown that 2nd line center spot.

If we can tread water until Palmieri is back I think our offense will fall back into place.
Our offense took a hit when both Boyle and Zajac came back....

I feel Zajac needs to back down to 3rd line duties... heck, i would bench him a bit. It won't happn but its deserved IMO.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our offense took a hit when both Boyle and Zajac came back....

I feel Zajac needs to back down to 3rd line duties... heck, i would bench him a bit. It won't happn but its deserved IMO.

I could be ok with that. I think the Mojo/Palmieri injuries hurt a lot as well. Throw those 2 on the 2nd line and they're good enough to prop up whoever is centering them.

I also don't want to blame Zajac and Boyle. Stafford, Hayes, Gibbons all cooled off significantly. I think guys were playing above their means early on and are coming back to reality.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could be ok with that. I think the Mojo/Palmieri injuries hurt a lot as well. Throw those 2 on the 2nd line and they're good enough to prop up whoever is centering them.

I also don't want to blame Zajac and Boyle. Stafford, Hayes, Gibbons all cooled off significantly. I think guys were playing above their means early on and are coming back to reality.
Yes in a way they cooled off but also their ice time and games played were affected by the returns of Boyle and Zajac.

Boyle has/had more of a positive return and less detriment cause he's not on the top 2 lines. Zajac however, went right back to the 2nd line which is suppose to be a major player in a game. Zajac hasn't done much offensively but defensively he's there.

Missing Pal and Mojo hurt but we were missing Pal the first go around and just fine we were... We definitely slowed down our play and creativity.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"
Calamity's overreaction changes suggestions:
Hall - Zacha - Bratt
*Why? If Hall is going to continue to go Rambo out there, we're losing on Nico's impact. I do like Nico n Hall as far as offense attack cuz they can absolutely work well together but right now we're struggling and we need help. Zacha needs a dominat player next him to alleviate pressure(from scoring). He has played well with Hall before, do it. Zacha's offensive attack could be made easier if he's behind Hall. Bratt goes without saying.

Mojo - Nico - Stafford
*Mojo and Stafford are more vets and allows Nico to bring "continued" talented attacking instead of consolidating into one line. Of course during games, Hall and Hischier will play together but to change it up right now I feel this helps us. and Importantly moves Zajac to line 3.

Gibbons - Zajac - Woods
*If Travis doesn't like it, play better then! This isn't finger pointing per say but lets be honest, everything changed a lot with Travis being played in the top 2 lines. Anyways, two speed demons in Gibbons(quick ass mofo) and Woods will cover up Zajac's lack of speed but a good defensive potential group with solid counter possibilities.

Coleman - Boyle - Noeson
*Coleman deserves his PT back and is a solid player. He'll be a guy on the fringe with Noeson once we're back to full health. Boyle is great for us on the 4th.

To me, its creating lines 1A, 1B, 3 & 4.....

This doesn't include adding guys from the minors."

copied from the other thread... We can switch around here n there...

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"
Calamity's overreaction changes suggestions:
Hall - Zacha - Bratt
*Why? If Hall is going to continue to go Rambo out there, we're losing on Nico's impact. I do like Nico n Hall as far as offense attack cuz they can absolutely work well together but right now we're struggling and we need help. Zacha needs a dominat player next him to alleviate pressure(from scoring). He has played well with Hall before, do it. Zacha's offensive attack could be made easier if he's behind Hall. Bratt goes without saying.

Mojo - Nico - Stafford
*Mojo and Stafford are more vets and allows Nico to bring "continued" talented attacking instead of consolidating into one line. Of course during games, Hall and Hischier will play together but to change it up right now I feel this helps us. and Importantly moves Zajac to line 3.

Gibbons - Zajac - Woods
*If Travis doesn't like it, play better then! This isn't finger pointing per say but lets be honest, everything changed a lot with Travis being played in the top 2 lines. Anyways, two speed demons in Gibbons(quick ass mofo) and Woods will cover up Zajac's lack of speed but a good defensive potential group with solid counter possibilities.

Coleman - Boyle - Noeson
*Coleman deserves his PT back and is a solid player. He'll be a guy on the fringe with Noeson once we're back to full health. Boyle is great for us on the 4th.

To me, its creating lines 1A, 1B, 3 & 4.....

This doesn't include adding guys from the minors."

copied from the other thread... We can switch around here n there...

I do like those lines.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i'll tell you man we got hosed on the cory trade. i really wish we kept that #9 pick.

honestly our defense has been brutal we all get that but damn man our goaltending hasn't been even good. yeah i know kinkaid kept us in the game but his bad first goal put the team in a hole early.

zacha has been a lost cause imo and just has zero confidence out there. sure some of its because of the benching but you gotta be a little tougher mentally then if you were the #6 pick in the draft. vaneten hasn't looked all that great either.

lot of things falling apart.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow what a game. Hall is on a mission this year. My heart stopped when he took that hit.

Zacha and Severson both need to be benched.

Indian Chief

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dominated a good team last night. Very hard not to be excited about what this team can accomplish if they get some consistency.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also I must say, might have been Zajacs best game of the season. Aside from the goal he was on the puck nonstop, winning battles, forechecking, etc. Need more of that from him.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any word on Hall?? Concerning that he didn't even come back out for first star. He was an absolute beast last night. Agree Zajac looked good last night as well.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where was Zajac placed, I missed the beginning of the game...

5-1, 4-0 throught... luv'd it!!!

Hall is playing freaking great for us... can't believe a damn cheapshot is going to affect it. I hope we don't rush him back. at least our next game is tomorrow. Pray its good results.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only a contusion for Hall, no damage, but out vs Habs and day to day.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully its only a contusion.... and not code for "We're fucked"

Let day to day turn to a week if needed... his health is truly important.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From one week to now, we'll only have 3 games before #4 vs NYR on 12/21

Vs Habs, Stars, Ducks....

I won't not mind and overreact to holding him out til the NYR game.... let me be too cautious and preventive....

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
yeah i was wondering if contusion was code for something else. like me being a worried person this thing will be sitting out this game to being out for the weekend to then seeking a second opinion to hes retiring