• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 Trade Deadline Thread Including Monty Trade

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On one hand we didn't trade away an Adam Jones for a bag of balls, but we didn't trade Ken Phelps for the Bone either. It's easy to be bummed, which I am in a certain way, but sometimes the better move is not getting fleeced like we have done so many times. This team is on the outside looking in with the hopes that our injured guys that are on the mend will be the addition we need to sneak a playoff spot; not gonna happen. Oh well, go hawks!

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The M's trade deadline is much like their on-field play....disappointing.

There are players out there that can be had (yes you may have to overpay) that aren't available during the offseason. We struck out on all of them....just like we do with the bases loaded.

How do you keep Lind? Iannetta? Aoki? Any SP? Just disappointing like the 40 years of Mariners baseball.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would have liked Cozart. Marte hasn't shown he's an answer.

Instead the M's take their usual spot on the fence in July.

So basically trading Miley is a salary dump now. Because you subtracted from an already weak rotation

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How a real organization does baseball;

Msfann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New boss is the same as the old boss. Nothing will ever change with this turd of an organization.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New boss is the same as the old boss. Nothing will ever change with this turd of an organization.

It's frustrating.... I don't remember the last time the Mariners really made a good move at the trading deadline... For 15 years now it hasn't really mattered much... But I do remember when Jeff Nelson got kicked off the team for commenting on how the M's fans deserve better after the trading deadline came and went back in the day... lol

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Truly makes no sense why Lind wasn't dealt for a bag of balls. They have Lee and just traded for that dude that has proven he deserves to be in the majors. Just seems weird there are so many guys on the roster who do not fit in with their future plans but are still here. This was the one deadline where quantity is better than quality in terms of prospects. Basically have left them needing to raise the payroll a ton or make some magical moves in the offseason to be in contention for next year....here is to 2018 boys.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would have been nice, but I'm just glad to see Miley gone to be honest.

Well he did show substantial improvement after coming back from his injury which may have contributed to his poor play earlier on in the season. In his last 5 starts he has a 3.45 ERA in 31.3 IP. That improvement alone I would have believed would have encouraged a stronger return from him.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't in favor of a major sale, not going to really blame the M's for not doing much in terms of trading... Miley and his 5 plus era won't be missed... There were so many players on the market this year, guys like Lind and Aoki weren't needed too much evidently...

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he did show substantial improvement after coming back from his injury which may have contributed to his poor play earlier on in the season. In his last 5 starts he has a 3.45 ERA in 31.3 IP. That improvement alone I would have believed would have encouraged a stronger return from him.

Ya I don't get the return at all. You keep him if that is the case...unless they were told to reduce payroll fast. That is two salary dumps to Orioles in one season. Like taking Bedard off their hands wasn't good enough.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess the non trades that ticked me off the most were for guys like the two Brewers relievers. They traded their closer and setup man who are both better than 99% of our bullpen and I believe under control still and would have been great additions for next year as well. Just doesn't make sense...

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There just never seems to be a direction with this franchise. That's what frustrates me more then anything. A full rebuild would be tough to watch but at least it's a plan. It's like the goal is just to be revelant enough to keep people interested for a few months. Every July it's the same thing. Not to mention this is an old roster with a couple anchor contracts for a while. Not sure what else to say.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There just never seems to be a direction with this franchise. That's what frustrates me more then anything. A full rebuild would be tough to watch but at least it's a plan. It's like the goal is just to be revelant enough to keep people interested for a few months. Every July it's the same thing. Not to mention this is an old roster with a couple anchor contracts for a while. Not sure what else to say.

Problem is have is that a complete rebuild isn't necessary. They have core pieces to be a playoff team but a bunch of the non core guys do not fit into the future. Ianetta, Lind, Smith and Gutierrez have no future with the team, so no reason they are still there. If they were going to salary dump Miley, why not Cishek? I'm just frustrated that they could've done moves that don't destroy the ball club but still give them wiggle room for next year.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya I don't get the return at all. You keep him if that is the case...unless they were told to reduce payroll fast. That is two salary dumps to Orioles in one season. Like taking Bedard off their hands wasn't good enough.

Mark Trumbo and Wade Miley for Steve Clevenger and Ariel Miranda.

...Lol...

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem is have is that a complete rebuild isn't necessary. They have core pieces to be a playoff team but a bunch of the non core guys do not fit into the future. Ianetta, Lind, Smith and Gutierrez have no future with the team, so no reason they are still there. If they were going to salary dump Miley, why not Cishek? I'm just frustrated that they could've done moves that don't destroy the ball club but still give them wiggle room for next year.
Well said. I agree.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mark Trumbo and Wade Miley for Steve Clevenger and Ariel Miranda.

...Lol...

Man, you didn't have to say it that way...lol.

Dare I say it, but he is starting to make Bavasi look competent.