• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 RB Draft Prospects

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the departure of Christine Michael it looks like we will most likely be drafting a RB in the upcoming draft as Marshawn's heir to the throne. Thought I'd start early by looking into some RB prospects for the upcoming 2016 draft (a long ways away I know)

Devontae Booker
(Utah) - 5'11 212 lbs
- A versatile back who runs with a lower center of gravity. Doesn't have great speed, but has good acceleration and burst to the hole and has good leg drive. Compared to Arian Foster and Marshawn Lynch
- Had over 1500 yards and 400 receiving yards last season
- Projected 2nd to 4th round

Ezekiel Elliot (Ohio State) - 6'1 225 lbs
- An all around back with the talent to make an impact on the NFL level. Scouts love this guy and I believe the hype from what I've seen in the games I've seen and the highlights I've watched. He has good size but its his ability to slither holes in the run game and his cuts in the open field that make him dangerous.
- 2014 he had 1878 yards rushing and over 200 yards receiving
- Projected 1st round (Could be early to mid 1st if there is a team with a need)

Corey Clement (Wisconsin) - 5'11 219 lbs
- A small back with a thick lower body and really good acceleration. From what I've seen in his highlights he is a decisive runner. He sees the hole, he accelerates, makes his one cut and hits top speed.
- Backed up Melvin Gordon but still managed to rack up 949 yds (6.5 avg) in 2014 and 547 yds (8.2 avg)
- Projected 3rd to 4th

These are some guys that stood out to me. Other guys like James Conner (Pitt) and Derrick Henry (Bama) will likely get some attention on ESPN, but I'm not intrigued by those guys. Conner is a RB that runs upright and that style will not translate well. Henry is a back from Bama, I'd like to stay from Bama backs. They tend to recruit big bruisers to run behind their NFL line. They dominate in college and then get exposed in the NFL.

Let me know if there are any backs that intrigue you in this upcoming draft. Names like DJ Foster and Alex Collins I haven't really had a chance to look too much into.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worthy keeping a eye on. None these guys remind me of Lynch, but that's OK. Next stud RB will have his own style.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
James Connor to me is an interesting prospect... He is a big physical runner with quickness... Big bruising style of runner, which would fit into the locker room mold of the Seahawks... We could probably get him in the 2nd round...

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just say no to Whisky RBs.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just say no to Whisky RBs.

Have to agree... I don't want to take a flyer on a Wisconsin back w/ 1 of our first 2 picks...

Last edited:

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You want YAC? You got it... That's why I love this kid, James Conner... He's fast, quick, tough, 6'2" 250lb RB... Very tough to get down... I like Elliot but there is no way he makes it to us imo if we're drafting near the end of the 1st round... Watch the 2:48 mark against BC...

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You want YAC? You got it... That's why I love this kid, James Conner... He's fast, quick, tough, 6'2" 250lb RB... Very tough to get down... I like Elliot but there is no way he makes it to us imo if we're drafting near the end of the 1st round... Watch the 2:48 mark against BC...

I watched some tape on him this morning, but I think he should run with a more lower center of gravity. In the NFL big hitting LBs and Safeties are going to pop him if he continues running so upright. I know he is a big guy himself, but I just don't think its the best running style.

I do like his size and speed combo though.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched some tape on him this morning, but I think he should run with a more lower center of gravity. In the NFL big hitting LBs and Safeties are going to pop him if he continues running so upright. I know he is a big guy himself, but I just don't think its the best running style.

I do like his size and speed combo though.

Yeah, I noticed he does run a little more upright than most RB's, kinda like McFadden but he's strong as an ox by the looks of the tape...

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something about looking ahead to next year's draft right now with the type of team we have feels unfaithful. At some point it will be cool to discuss, but we have this awesome team with the first game a week away and we're thinking about the draft? I just can't do it yet.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If i may play the role of Devils advocate for a second.

Tommy Rawls did look mighty fine during pre-season so why are we looking at RB's?

Now if we are talking OL??????????????????/

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After watching the Elliott highlights I would say he ran about 50/50 from the left as oppose to the right. Not once does he shift the ball to his left hand while running to the left. Been there, done that, just turned a second round pick into a seventh with that :gaah: