• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 offseason

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully just a depth guy and not so Long can be moved to LT. Good move for depth and flexibility.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forte just bid goodbye to the chicago fans. Apparently he will not wait for the GM to set his priorities on free agent signings and does not want to be an afterthought.

Well, I dont doubt Matt can play another 8 seasons in the nfl if he wants to, more receiver reps and will be a missing piece to some contender for sure.

Okay, that's it... What's your deal dude? Like, come on. You have to be trolling with that.

You bitch about how people reply too harshly to you, or whatever. Then you say shit like that. That's like shooting a puppy in the face, while simultaneously wondering why people think you're an asshole.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, that's it... What's your deal dude? Like, come on. You have to be trolling with that.

You bitch about how people reply too harshly to you, or whatever. Then you say shit like that. That's like shooting a puppy in the face, while simultaneously wondering why people think you're an asshole.

BEcause somehow, you respond to a post from SIX FUCKING WEEKS AGO and call me a troll?

I would think the asshole is the guy that brings up the old shit just to start causing trouble again, but still somehow, turns it upside down so I am the one blamed for it. I just hope this is yet another example how it works in this forum.

I will try to remember where my mind was back then, I am pretty sure it was yet another though about how Matt Forte is usually compared to Marcus Allen than any hard nose runner and how Marcus Allen played til he was damn near 40, while the bear "fans" just agree that a running back is done and used up by the time they are 30 regardless of style or lack of knockout hits, so they are fine with Pace not even leaving the door open so Matt could come back with an offer he got.

We will see if the offense stutters again and the only guy bailing out a QB about to get sacked is not around.

Thanks for taking another opportunity to bury me though, I really appreciate it. Eventually someone will agree.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thoughts on The BLOCKBUSTER Trade from #15 pick all the way up to #1? Rams move 14 spots to grab the #1 pick in this draft...

This draft??? What? Why? I can maybe see it, if Andrew Luck or Peyton Manning is up there at #1...but this draft?
I believe this is just because of the move to L.A. The Rams wanted to make a splash and get some people excited and talking about the team. A #15 pick which likely would have been a less sexy position wouldn't have generated the hype needed in LaLa land. Just a thought... What do you guys think of this monster trade?

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thoughts on The BLOCKBUSTER Trade from #15 pick all the way up to #1? Rams move 14 spots to grab the #1 pick in this draft...

This draft??? What? Why? I can maybe see it, if Andrew Luck or Peyton Manning is up there at #1...but this draft?
I believe this is just because of the move to L.A. The Rams wanted to make a splash and get some people excited and talking about the team. A #15 pick which likely would have been a less sexy position wouldn't have generated the hype needed in LaLa land. Just a thought... What do you guys think of this monster trade?

It's official. Jeff Fisher is pants-crappingly insane.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pants-crappingly insane.... Ha...That's gold.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This can help the Bears... If the Rams are there to take a QB, (a 3rd QB could be taken in the top 10) leaving some really good top players to fall to our beloved. Joey Bosa!! Bruckner!! A guy can dream right?

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marquis Wilson refractures his left foot during mini camp on Tuesday, probably out the first few games of the season.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah... this sucks for Wilson. BUT he had a shot to distance himself from the pack last year and didn't really do much than either- again he was injured off and on last year too... it's gotta suck to be oft-injured though- sucks.

I just saw this little tidbit... and didn't realize that Christian Jones was moving to Outside Linebacker. Nobody really talked about this when the FA Inside guys arrived. He's a little small for a pass rushing role, but could provide some help covering TE's...hmmm. BEARS!

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got a new tight end in Tony Moeaki, who was invited to mini camp, also a famous twin in Marquis Jackson. Bears were looking at his twin brother this offseason who signed a 6 year 85.5 million dollar deal with Jacksonville.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't wait to see our new inside LBs, and also to see what Hicks and Goldman can do together inside.

I think the new inside LBs are going to make this look like a whole new D

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if the DT's do their quiet hard hat lunchbox job, the inside linebackers will be dominant. It always looks that way. But I still have hope for Ego and Will Sutton, dont know if they are rotating to end or not, but sure hope to see them instead of signing guys off the street this year. Otherwise Ego and Will are just more early round washouts.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BEcause somehow, you respond to a post from SIX FUCKING WEEKS AGO and call me a troll?

I would think the asshole is the guy that brings up the old shit just to start causing trouble again, but still somehow, turns it upside down so I am the one blamed for it. I just hope this is yet another example how it works in this forum.

I will try to remember where my mind was back then, I am pretty sure it was yet another though about how Matt Forte is usually compared to Marcus Allen than any hard nose runner and how Marcus Allen played til he was damn near 40, while the bear "fans" just agree that a running back is done and used up by the time they are 30 regardless of style or lack of knockout hits, so they are fine with Pace not even leaving the door open so Matt could come back with an offer he got.

We will see if the offense stutters again and the only guy bailing out a QB about to get sacked is not around.

Thanks for taking another opportunity to bury me though, I really appreciate it. Eventually someone will agree.
To me, Forte was never a between the tackles running back. Proof, his bad red zone short yardage issues. He very well could play until he is near 40 with his pass catching prowess. I wish Matt nothing but the best going forward. It is obvious, especially if you have watched a lot of Panther football under Coach Fox, he likes to run up the gut. His pick this year for RB, I also predicted on a forum as being obvious. Fox likes him a bigger running back for the roster and boom the Bears draft one and are trying out FB's. That is my take, said again.

Edit: So yes, I reckon we do say somethings over and over again.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, Forte was never a between the tackles running back. Proof, his bad red zone short yardage issues. He very well could play until he is near 40 with his pass catching prowess. I wish Matt nothing but the best going forward. It is obvious, especially if you have watched a lot of Panther football under Coach Fox, he likes to run up the gut. His pick this year for RB, I also predicted on a forum as being obvious. Fox likes him a bigger running back for the roster and boom the Bears draft one and are trying out FB's. That is my take, said again.

Edit: So yes, I reckon we do say somethings over and over again.

Are you people INSANE? Like, I mean... wow... I am stunned at the ignorance one must have of NFL history and the RB position to think he could play until he is 40... That is, wow... wow. Wow. Wow.

Emmitt Smith retired at 34 I believe, the oldest RB to ever do it and he STUNK the last few years. Only hanging around to break the rushing record. Forte has more mileage on him than any back in the league. He's already showed signs of decline. I don't think you guys realize how fast a RB's decline happens. They don't just GRADUALLY drift off. They hit a wall and it is over. Forte's wall is coming very soon. No one has ever SNIFFED the age of 40 at RB... SNIFFED IT. That's literally the equivalent of saying that you think a baseball player could play until his 60's at an MLB level. It's simply not attainable.

Also, Forte was an inside the tackles runner. Especially in his prime. His goal line struggles were due to his long legs, IMO. Same with Peterson and formerly Brandon Jacobs. Tall backs are a force when they get a head of steam, but they struggle to get those legs moving and they're a big target in a congested area Which is why shorter backs with strong legs like MJD, Ray Rice, Micheal Turner etc... generally have been very good in short yardage and on the goal line.

Last edited:

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you people INSANE? Like, I mean... wow... I am stunned at the ignorance one must have of NFL history and the RB position to think he could play until he is 40... That is, wow... wow. Wow. Wow.

Emmitt Smith retired at 34 I believe, the oldest RB to ever do it and he STUNK the last few years. Only hanging around to break the rushing record. Forte has more mileage on him than any back in the league. He's already showed signs of decline. I don't think you guys realize how fast a RB's decline happens. They don't just GRADUALLY drift off. They hit a wall and it is over. Forte's wall is coming very soon. No one has ever SNIFFED the age of 40 at RB... SNIFFED IT. That's literally the equivalent of saying that you think a baseball player could play until his 60's at an MLB level. It's simply not attainable.

Also, Forte was an inside the tackles runner. Especially in his prime. His goal line struggles were due to his long legs, IMO. Same with Peterson and formerly Brandon Jacobs. Tall backs are a force when they get a head of steam, but they struggle to get those legs moving and they're a big target in a congested area Which is why shorter backs with strong legs like MJD, Ray Rice, Micheal Turner etc... generally have been very good in short yardage and on the goal line.
I agree, age is against any RB in the NFL. Think there are only 3 33year olds and 1 35 year old (Fred Jackson,Sea) currently in the NFL. I believe Marcus Allen was 39 ish, his last season in the league. He had to be one of the oldest in the modern era.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Its done, Matt is gone, but the argument was that the best comparison to Forte's style is Marcus Allen, mainly because he knows how to go down, knows how to elude contact and huge hits. Even if you use Emmit Smith, who stunk the last few years of his deal, you are giving Forte one or two good seasons while continuing to develop your guys. Eventually Forte is just the third down back, not the three down back, which also extends his career. It is all part of why some of us consider a 5 million dollar gamble while this team should be competing for the division worthwhile before we are developing a new franchise QB. Thats all, Forte might play til he is 32 or 35, but if he only plays third downs, he can easily have more years in him.