• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NFL Salary Cap Play-In 3 : Milk vs WLK

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elvis as a 5tech and Peko miscast as a 3-4 NT were big mistakes IMO

WLK
Peko, I can see the argument for. He is actually listed as a NT for a few years on PFR, even though the Bengals play in a 43. I guess it is more of a hybrid and I think he would be best at the 5, but I could see if you wanted to plug him in the middle. Elvis would get crushed at the 5, though.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do agree... my biggest mistake this draft was after going for the 2 cheap 3-4 OLBs early i didn't go heavy on the 3-4 DL... so i do agree that that my DL isn't as good as it should be... My whole point though is that it seems like we harp on miscasts too much... I have a hard time believing that strong players would just flat out be terrible at a similar but different role..

I've lost in two NFL drafts bc of that same thing but I cant disagree if they are out of position. While I think some guys could play in other schemes, especially great ones, if they havent played in the scheme than we cant just assume they would thrive and be as great as they have been throughout their career in the same scheme.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peko, I can see the argument for. He is actually listed as a NT for a few years on PFR, even though the Bengals play in a 43. I guess it is more of a hybrid and I think he would be best at the 5, but I could see if you wanted to plug him in the middle. Elvis would get crushed at the 5, though.
There's a big difference between 4-3 and 3-4 NT, in that a NT in a 40 front can choose a gap. Peko might get it done with 5's that are both 310, but combining him with Elvis was brutal

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats funny... But i honestly think some of us a too strict on that whole 3-4,4-3 BS... to think one of the best DEs in this mock could not play out of position is BS... If we HAVE to draft consistent 3-4,4-3 players or LOSE then we might as well just make that a rule...

Honestly I'm one who always tries to push the envelope of playing people where they might still be the same type of player whether it be a different scheme or different side... but you're asking an already under sized player to play in a position where his speed is neutralized... his ability to get around the edge makes him dangerous because he forces the blocker to drop back faster and this allows him to be able to come underneath with his speed... there is a lot of room on the edge which is why they call it being an island when you play Tackle... when he plays 3-4 DE it's almost like playing DT which there isn't a lot of room to make a lot of moves, there's a reason why 99% of DTs and 3-4 are over 300 pounds... this would be a terrible situation for him IMO... it doubles in that like you I put together a run heavy team and I can promise you I'd do my best as a coach to attack that side and working some play action... don't get me wrong he is a beast, but being inside would allow a combo block and that wouldn't allow him to get away...