• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NFL HOF Finalists

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only 2 RB's in NFL history have averaged over 100 yards a game on the ground. Jim Brown and Terrell Davis. Jim Brown averaged something around 102 yards per game. Terrell Davis 101.7. Throw in Davis was at his best in the playoffs where he averaged an amazing 142.5 yards per game and 5.6 yards per carry. While his career was short he showed up in the biggest games to have his best games of his career. I doubt he gets in as again it does seem like voters care more about longevity than about being the top player in the NFL for a few years but not having a very long career.

My guess on who gets in...

Favre--should be on every one's list. Easily in.
Orlando Pace--One of the best at his position for a very long time
Terrell Owens--If he didn't have a terrible personality there wouldn't even be a question of whether he was in or not.
Lynch--I think he breaks through the whole pure safeties struggle to get into the HOF. He is a fresh enough name and a big known commentator that I think he gets enough votes
Morten Anderson--He left the league as the leading scoring in NFL history. I mean he was on the All-Decade team twice in the 1980's and 1990's. These are voted on by the HOF Committee so they have obviously liked what they have seen.

Your argument for TD getting in persuades me. Particularly appreciate your point about his production in the playoffs.

I think it's also noteworthy that no back in the league has ever put up four consecutive seasons like TD put up his first four years in the league: over 6,000 rushing yards, over 1,100 receiving yards, 61 TDs, two league titles, and both a SB and League MVP.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 ?

Favre
TO
Atwater
Pace
Lynch

TD should get in eventually for the same reason Sayers did. Coryell and Warner eventually too.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your argument for TD getting in persuades me. Particularly appreciate your point about his production in the playoffs.
A Broncos fan needed persuading on TD getting into the HOF?

TD and Warner are in the same boat, imo. They should both get in with TD getting in first because he has been waiting longer. Both are too important to the history of the NFL to be left out. Saying Elway just simply got there at the end and went out in style doesn't paint the whole picture.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Broncos fan needed persuading on TD getting into the HOF?

TD and Warner are in the same boat, imo. They should both get in with TD getting in first because he has been waiting longer. Both are too important to the history of the NFL to be left out. Saying Elway just simply got there at the end and went out in style doesn't paint the whole picture.

No doubt about that. Elway was only a shell of his former physical self when he led his team to back-to-back titles. Many fans do not appreciate just how gifted an athlete he was early in his career. He put some otherwise very mediocre Broncos teams on his back to lead them to AFC titles. How he evolved as a QB while his athletic skills declined with wear is what makes him so special to me.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt about that. Elway was only a shell of his former physical self when he led his team to back-to-back titles. Many fans do not appreciate just how gifted an athlete he was early in his career. He put some otherwise very mediocre Broncos teams on his back to lead them to AFC titles. How he evolved as a QB while his athletic skills declined with wear is what makes him so special to me.
Very similar to Lebron (really most NBA players) except all on the same team.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This list is a joke. Look at the disparity between offensive and defensive players....again. The crime isn't against guys like T. Davis or Warner or whatever - it's against the guys whom they faced....and a LOT of guys before their time.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the hell is Edgerrin James doing there? On any HOF list? The classic good but not great, not HOF running back. Cory Dillion was a better back, Priest Holmes was a better back, Brian Westbrook etc etc etc

Ty Law should have been a finalist.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 ?

Favre
TO
Atwater
Pace
Lynch

TD should get in eventually for the same reason Sayers did. Coryell and Warner eventually too.

Sayers was a "once in lifetime" back and that's why he got in. If you saw him live, you wouldn't question the choice. You could make the case for Davis..

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dungy should not even be in the conversation, and he wouldn't be if not for his media presence.
And even his then his opinions and commentating is severely biased.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dungy should not even be in the conversation, and he wouldn't be if not for his media presence.
And even his then his opinions and commentating is severely biased.

I agree. It's sacrilege to say about the DC that the Vikings let get away (he also played QB for the Gophers), but Dungy is as overrated as they come.

Hell he might be more highly thought of here in MN than he is in Tampa Bay or Indy and it gets really annoying.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sayers was a "once in lifetime" back and that's why he got in. If you saw him live, you wouldn't question the choice. You could make the case for Davis..

I don't question Sayers' induction at all. I watched him play on tv, though I was a Skins and Jets fan at the time. He never came to DC when we had season tix. He was universally considered peerless and unique until injuries took him down. I'm just saying that TD shouldn't be docked for injury either... though I'd probably take Sayers fwiw.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He already stated he is going in as a Packer.

It doesn't matter they'll put him in both. He'll go in as a Jet too. The NFL puts you in under whatever teams you play for. Favre may "officially" go in as a Packer but if you look up the Vikings HOF players he'll be there too.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest injustice is that Jerry Kramer will never be in the HOF.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't matter they'll put him in both. He'll go in as a Jet too. The NFL puts you in under whatever teams you play for. Favre may "officially" go in as a Packer but if you look up the Vikings HOF players he'll be there too.
Favre was in NY & Minny long enough to take a dump. He played 15 years in Green Bay.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't matter the NFL still puts him in the HOF players for those teams.

cowboys5xsbs

Surprise Motherfucker
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
T.O. will go in first ballot. Top 3 wr of all time.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. It's sacrilege to say about the DC that the Vikings let get away (he also played QB for the Gophers), but Dungy is as overrated as they come.

Hell he might be more highly thought of here in MN than he is in Tampa Bay or Indy and it gets really annoying.

Don't get me wrong, I think Dungy was a great coach. Just not HOF great. Couldn't get over the hump in Tampa, yet Gruden comes in and rides the wave to the Superbowl on the backs of the team that Dungy built. Dungy deserves some credit for that.

In Indy, it was as much Peyton and the GM (his name escapes me) as it was Dungy. He deserves some credit. Same with all the one and done's, he deserves some blame. And there were a bunch.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't question Sayers' induction at all. I watched him play on tv, though I was a Skins and Jets fan at the time. He never came to DC when we had season tix. He was universally considered peerless and unique until injuries took him down. I'm just saying that TD shouldn't be docked for injury either... though I'd probably take Sayers fwiw.

So why the change........? (just curious)

I could never drop being a Bear fan.