• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
because he checked his ego at the door for the betterment of the team....and he has the biggest check book in the league. You combine those 2 things in an owner and you are pretty damn lucky.

Gilbert is 7th in the league in net worth (Ballmer, Allen, Prokhorov, Arison, Devos, Kroenke).

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He gets criticized because he's the one stacking the team. No one knew at the time that Love wasn't going to be good fit. So, he was still trying to stack the deck by trading for an all star.

I wouldn't say no one. There was a strong push on the Lakers boards for Love at the time, but there were a lot of detractors. What he can do is totally lost on a team like the Cavs.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Won't happen. No need to trade assets for Westbrook. If he wants to be a Laker, he can sign with them next summer. Lakers aren't going anywhere with or without him this season.

Oh, I agree.

Unfortunately, you have Jim :shortbus: calling the shots.

So, I wouldn't be surprised if they tried.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
because he checked his ego at the door for the betterment of the team....and he has the biggest check book in the league. You combine those 2 things in an owner and you are pretty damn lucky.

I sorta agree.

It's rare to see a Billionaire humble himself for the betterment of his Team.

* see Mark Cuban

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No.

I'd rather have Russell and Ingram from the Lakers.

thats a lot to give up and probably too much. in comparison to when the cavs got love if they had to give up irving and wiggins instead of wiggins and anthony bennett. bennett was viewed as heading to a bust at the time. probably still is.

sure kevin love maybe didn't turn out to be what people thought he was but coming out of minnesota he was expected to be a top 10 player.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sorta agree.

It's rare to see a Billionaire humble himself for the betterment of his Team.

* see Mark Cuban
Speaking of Cuban I would like to send him a bouquet of flowers for that nice gift in Pachulia he sent GS. :nod:

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't I use that exact example earlier?

Yeah....I get it now.

I really don't see any two franchises at that rivalry level these days.

This was the first time they met in this round of the playoffs.

So, it's less of a rivalry than the Clippers and Warriors.

But, at least both those Teams had a even chance of winning.

Clippers are just fodder.

So, I understand why you see it that way.

I don't .....cause although I see them as each others major competition there isn't any bad blood between them.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
....and he stacked the deck with Love.

Did you call Nash a frontrunner when he joined the Lakers?
LOL stacked the deck with Love....are you being serious right now...

PLEASE.....PLEASE tell me there is no difference.

So, lets just sum that up- who is Durant joining?

Curry- 2 time MVP, made NBA 1st team the last 2 years, former champion, 2 finals appearances, 3 time all star
Klay- made NBA 3rd team the last 2 years, former champion, 2 finals apperances, 2 time all star
Draymond- Runner of DPOY the last 2 seasons, 2nd team nba last year, all star, former champion, made the Finals twice.
Coach- Steve Kerr, reigning coach of the year- champion

ok...lets compare that to what LeBron joined in Cleveland...

Kyrie Irving- at the time, 2 time all star, former rookie of the year winner- had never made the playoffs.
Kevin Love- at the time, 3 time all star, 2 time all NBA 2nd team, never made the playoffs
Tristan Thompson- Rebound God and Owner of Hassan Whiteside in-training
David Blatt- did really good in Europe- replaced by rookie Ty Lue

THATS THE SAME THING!!! THATS THE SAME FUCKING THING!!! ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME!!!

the..."man"...i guess...is sackless.

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah....I get it now.
I really don't see any two franchises at that rivalry level these days.
This was the first time they met in this round of the playoffs.
So, it's less of a rivalry than the Clippers and Warriors.
But, at least both those Teams had a even chance of winning.
Clippers are just fodder.
So, I understand why you see it that way.
I don't because I see them as each others major competition.

But, there isn't any bad blood between them.

There would have been "Bad Blood" (at least from Draymond) if the Thunder had held onto the lead in game 5 in the last 3 minutes and knocked the Ws out.

Let's say the Thunder had beaten the Ws -- then lost to the Cavs in the Finals -- do you think KD would have jumped ?

(maybe. But if Thunder had won vs. Cavs -- I think he would have stayed)

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL stacked the deck with Love....are you being serious right now...

PLEASE.....PLEASE tell me there is no difference.

So, lets just sum that up- who is Durant joining?

Curry- 2 time MVP, made NBA 1st team the last 2 years, former champion, 2 finals appearances, 3 time all star
Klay- made NBA 3rd team the last 2 years, former champion, 2 finals apperances, 2 time all star
Draymond- Runner of DPOY the last 2 seasons, 2nd team nba last year, all star, former champion, made the Finals twice.
Coach- Steve Kerr, reigning coach of the year- champion

ok...lets compare that to what LeBron joined in Cleveland...

Kyrie Irving- at the time, 2 time all star, former rookie of the year winner- had never made the playoffs.
Kevin Love- at the time, 3 time all star, 2 time all NBA 2nd team, never made the playoffs
Tristan Thompson- Rebound God and Owner of Hassan Whiteside in-training
David Blatt- did really good in Europe- replaced by rookie Ty Lue

THATS THE SAME THING!!! THATS THE SAME FUCKING THING!!! ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME!!!

So, you are mad because the Warriors were able to stack the deck with better players and you got Bitch ass Kevin Love, shirtless Jr and worthless Shump.

Got it...lol

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There would have been "Bad Blood" (at least from Draymond) if the Thunder had held onto the lead in game 5 in the last 3 minutes and knocked the Ws out.

Let's say the Thunder had beaten the Ws -- then lost to the Cavs in the Finals -- do you think KD would have jumped ?

hell no....the dude was broke and he cant take hearing about how he isnt a champ and other guys are better...instead of working through it---- he will just go join a team that is coming off 2 finals appearances, a championship, and has a 1st team, 2nd team, and 3rd team ALL NBA players.....

i mean- that is teh definition of sackless.

and dont get me wrong- i dont blame the Warriors at all- they did exactly what they should do and did a great job of it...i dont fault them for wanting to beat LeBron...

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nash was finished.

We just didn't know it...lol

But, was CP3?

You do recall that Nash was substitute because Stern, Cuban and Gilbert fucked you, right?

#stacked

Nash wasn't finished though. He was healthy and put up good numbers his last season in Phoenix. Then game 2 of his Lakers career happened.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, you are mad because the Warriors were able to stack the deck with better players and you got Bitch ass Kevin Love, shirtless Jr and worthless Shump.

Got it...lol
:rofl:

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't know.

But, I think Durant leaving had way more to do with Westbrook and the Thunder than people are acknowledging.

You could see it in the court last Season.

Reactions: LAD

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Got it...lol
i just think kevin durant is a little bitch, and quite the hypocrite from that article...he portrayed an image that was total and complete bullshit...how do you not call him on that? When he is kissing up to the crowd and saying how much he loves OKC and is gonna stay forever and knocks LeBron for leaving....and then leaves...

Golden State- i dont blame them at all- i commend them- great GM- they worked the system to perfection...

i just think Durant is a little bitch, and mentally weak...something that we have now confirmed both on and off the floor.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Got it...lol
ill never be mad as long as we have the King of the NBA and KYrie Irving.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hell no....the dude was broke and he cant take hearing about how he isnt a champ and other guys are better...instead of working through it---- he will just go join a team that is coming off 2 finals appearances, a championship, and has a 1st team, 2nd team, and 3rd team ALL NBA players.....

i mean- that is teh definition of sackless.

and dont get me wrong- i dont blame the Warriors at all- they did exactly what they should do and did a great job of it...i dont fault them for wanting to beat LeBron...

All the same exact things were said about LeBron in 2010, because the Heat became overwhelming favorites that year also. The other stuff does not really matter. LeBron joined instead of staying, and everybody was better off in the long run (including Cleveland).

Status
Not open for further replies.