• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's wierd to me that his deadline to opt in is tomorrow... with the Finals going on.

I tried to find out why but couldn't. Each nba player with an option seems to have their own personal deadline. Anyone know where that comes from?

ah not to worry...

after tonight he'll have plenty of time on his hands...:dhd:

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I boldly predict the Nets will suck next year.

Just like I did last year. And my ball was crys-tal...

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I totally agree.

Jimmy is a stud.

But, I wouldn't give up Wiggins.

Have you noticed the Lakers have been working out guys that are in the 8-12 range?

Would you ball at a #2 for Jimmy and #14 trade?

You would probably have to throw in Clarkson too.

To high a price?

Too high a price I think. Top 2 picks this year probably have a higher ceiling than Jimmy, and the Lakers shouldn't be in too much of a hurry; it will take a few years to get this team gelled together.

Lakers seem to be working out anyone that can get on a court. Everyone from Ingram (Simmons not working out for anyone) through projected UDFAs.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I boldly predict the Nets will suck next year.

Just like I did last year. And my ball was crys-tal...

I feel bad for Nets fans. Those trades giving up draft picks for aged players are crushing. Lakers were in a similar situation, but lucky that they were able to bottom out so badly that they took advantage of protections on one of those picks for two years in a row.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pistons just traded Spencer Dinwiddie to the Bulls.

How is their a trade on June 17th with the Finals still going on?

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pistons just traded Spencer Dinwiddie to the Bulls.

How is their a trade on June 17th with the Finals still going on?

You can make trades as long as the guy is under contract and doesn't have a player option.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can make trades as long as the guy is under contract and doesn't have a player option.

Starting when? Cause you can't trade after the deadline, right? Can you trade as soon as your team's season is over?

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starting when? Cause you can't trade after the deadline, right? Can you trade as soon as your team's season is over?
You know about the mid-season trade deadline. From the All-Star break in late February until the end of the NBA season, trades are prohibited between teams. However, the minute the season ends for each NBA team they are allowed to make trades as long as the player is already under contract for next season.

Right now, 28 of the 30 NBA teams are allowed to trade anyone on their roster, as long as a few rules are followed:

• the player MUST be under contract for the 2016-17 season (except for "draft rights", like the Suns have with Bogdan Bogdanovic)
  • the salary cap rules for trades are in effect, using 2015-16 season salaries
With nearly half the league becoming free agents each summer, these rules do tend to tamp down trade talks. By limiting trade talk to those players NOT about to become a free agent, teams like the Suns have a limited roster available for trade. Even those players becoming restricted free agents, like the Warriors' Harrison Barnes, cannot be traded by their teams.

NBA salary cap | Nba Trade Rules 2016 | Smart Wiki Space

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know about the mid-season trade deadline. From the All-Star break in late February until the end of the NBA season, trades are prohibited between teams. However, the minute the season ends for each NBA team they are allowed to make trades as long as the player is already under contract for next season.

Right now, 28 of the 30 NBA teams are allowed to trade anyone on their roster, as long as a few rules are followed:

• the player MUST be under contract for the 2016-17 season (except for "draft rights", like the Suns have with Bogdan Bogdanovic)
  • the salary cap rules for trades are in effect, using 2015-16 season salaries
With nearly half the league becoming free agents each summer, these rules do tend to tamp down trade talks. By limiting trade talk to those players NOT about to become a free agent, teams like the Suns have a limited roster available for trade. Even those players becoming restricted free agents, like the Warriors' Harrison Barnes, cannot be traded by their teams.

NBA salary cap | Nba Trade Rules 2016 | Smart Wiki Space
Makes sense. Great explanation. Thanks

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knicks reportedly considering trying to trade for Derrick Rose

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The salary cap is now expected to be $94mil. Higher max contracts for players and a little more spending power for teams. Life is good is you are free agent this summer.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they whiff on Conley, it's gonna be interesting to see what direction they go in.

@yoga≈surfing would you rather take a flyer on Rose for a year or trade for Bledsoe?

Both have had multiple injuries.

I'd totally opt for Conley....w/D-Rose a close 2nd...mainly due to salaries. Can't go wrong either way though imho.

The Knicks are in dire need of a legit PG. They both fit the bill.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knicks reportedly considering trying to trade for Derrick Rose

The only reason I won't out and out clown if this happens is that:

Paul, Westbrook, Curry, Teague, Holiday and Lowry will be UFA next Summer.

They don't have a shot at some of those guys.

But, that's a better crop of players than what's left after Conley and Rondo are off the board this Summer.

They could do worst than a 1 year flyer on Rose.....like overpaying the shit out of Rivers or Jennings.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, can't believe the draft is less than a week away. Going to be a real interesting few days after the last finals game.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only reason I won't out and out clown if this happens is that:

Paul, Westbrook, Curry, Teague, Holiday and Lowry will be UFA next Summer.

They don't have a shot at some of those guys.

But, that's a better crop of players than what's left after Conley and Rondo are off the board this Summer.

They could do worst than a 1 year flyer on Rose.....like overpaying the shit out of Rivers or Jennings.

and STILL wouldn't touch Rondo with a 10 foot pole if I'M putting a team together...

and DEFINITELY agree on Rivers. not paying HIM all that dough...

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The salary cap is now expected to be $94mil. Higher max contracts for players and a little more spending power for teams. Life is good is you are free agent this summer.

I don't think Harrison Barnes agrees with you much right now, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.