• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 Free Agency

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like the potential of Lee, but don't you think he needs to play OLB?...his speed factor is very enticing, but the run stopping and some pass rush that Ragland brings is unique for a MLB/ILB. I could go either way.
The pro to Lee is that he could cover TEs over the middle well and I think we were last in the league for yards allowed in that department.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 21m21 minutes ago
Falcons agreed to terms with former Bengals WR Mohammad Sanu on a five-year deal, per source.

Yeah I heard about it...seems like Sanu took the offer or maybe ATL came up a little more, but less than $7m per and only 14 mil G...so that's not bad overall.

He's not my favorite #2 for that kind of cheddar, but he's solid, hopefully he bonds well with Ryan.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I heard about it...seems like Sanu took the offer or maybe ATL came up a little more, but less than $7m per and only 14 mil G...so that's not bad overall.

He's not my favorite #2 for that kind of cheddar, but he's solid, hopefully he bonds well with Ryan.

I hope so. I think in a bigger role, he will be more productive.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope so. I think in a bigger role, he will be more productive.

He will get more than 50 targets here...that's for sure. ...he needs to produce because this a fairly weak WR draft and no coach Robiskie around now to coach these guys up.

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the Sanu signing. I think with Julio opposite of him on the field, he'll put up solid numbers. Now, we just need to fix our pass rush in the draft.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will get more than 50 targets here...that's for sure. ...he needs to produce because this a fairly weak WR draft and no coach Robiskie around now to coach these guys up.

I think he'll have a good season. Just needs to find a way to get his drops down.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he'll have a good season. Just needs to find a way to get his drops down.

Projecting the opening day WRs

Julio...WR1
Sanu...WR2
Hardy...Slot WR

Tamme probably stays in place as the pass catching TE...Toilolo is still a mystery to me...I just can't can't my head around why he doesn't get more RZ targets at 6'8".

On another note...I guess you've heard Spoon is back on a 1 yr deal as well as Schaub....neither are exciting, but Spoon will get to compete for a starting job they say, but I still expect a LB in this draft.

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wetherspoon is back. Sucks to see Grimes playing for the Bucs. I was hoping he would get him.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wetherspoon is back. Sucks to see Grimes playing for the Bucs. I was hoping he would get him.

Sounds like Spoon is going get a shot to compete for a spot....Tampa has quietly spent some FA money down there. Would have been nice to get Grimes back, but $8 mil per is too much I think.

The signing that may surprise all of us...Derrick Shelby, DE from MIA. Playing behind Cameron Wake, he never got the snap count, but Dolphin fans thought he always played well when he got in there.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Projecting the opening day WRs

Julio...WR1
Sanu...WR2
Hardy...Slot WR

Tamme probably stays in place as the pass catching TE...Toilolo is still a mystery to me...I just can't can't my head around why he doesn't get more RZ targets at 6'8".

On another note...I guess you've heard Spoon is back on a 1 yr deal as well as Schaub....neither are exciting, but Spoon will get to compete for a starting job they say, but I still expect a LB in this draft.
I hope Hardy makes a lot of progress this offseason. Sanu is probably more at home in the slot than Hardy anyways.

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question: What do you think of Paul Warrilow? My son played against him in Lax in HS. My son and his brother were teammates when his brother was a senior and my son was in 8th grade, my son started next to him on the D-Line.

Paul was a great player in HS and his family is 2nd to none. UDFA for U of Delaware, you got root for this guy. None of the guys that got more ink in HS from around the state have managed to make an NFL or got cut shortly after they were drafted or were FA's.

I think he has led your team in tackles the last 2 years, as I read this thread it seems like some of you want him replaced.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question: What do you think of Paul Warrilow? My son played against him in Lax in HS. My son and his brother were teammates when his brother was a senior and my son was in 8th grade, my son started next to him on the D-Line.

Paul was a great player in HS and his family is 2nd to none. UDFA for U of Delaware, you got root for this guy. None of the guys that got more ink in HS from around the state have managed to make an NFL or got cut shortly after they were drafted or were FA's.

I think he has led your team in tackles the last 2 years, as I read this thread it seems like some of you want him replaced.

imo.

He's okay...he makes the plays he's supposed to make...mostly 3yds downfield...he's not a stick your nose in there and shut it down type LB, very few TFL, or splash plays. I think Ragland is an upgrade.

Warrilow was not the problem last year...another fast OLB like Lee from Ohio might be on their radar, but if it came down to Ragland or Lee...I would go Ragland...has a higher ceiling than Warrliow.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like we signed former Ravens OLB Courtney Upshaw. He won't be a huge improvement anywhere. He is good against the run and not very good at pass rushing.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah...Upshaw is coming across as a yawn for the most part, but he's a big LB...played outside in their 3-4 scheme...I'm curious to see how Quinn uses him....Depth at DE is what I'm guessing.

ChrisWebber

Changed my password to "incorrect"
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's alright. I think he needs to attack the line more often. He def improved in coverage this year from last year. I hope he continues to improve.