• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 Commit List

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More fun with numbers. Once again, I used the ESPN recruiting site and looked at the football players OFFERED by Ohio State and Nebraska.

Ohio State competes against 43 different schools for talent and their top five are, the number next to the school name is the recruits that chose that school over Ohio State
Michigan State 9
Michigan 9
Notre Dame 7
Miami, FL 6
Florida 5
Penn State 5
Clemson 5

Interesting tidbit, not one chose Alabama over Ohio State. The only Big ten West team that Ohio State lost a recruit to was Minnesota.

Only two were non Power 5, Houston and Western Michigan

Nebraska competes against 54 different schools,
the number next to the school name is the recruits that chose that school over Nebraska. Nebraska lost recruits to ten teams in the B1G.
LSU 9
Ohio State 8
USC 7
Michigan State 7
Clemson 6
Penn State 6
Tennessee 6

non power 5 schools, Houston, Western Michigan, UAB, SMU, and Fresno State.

Last edited:

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More fun with numbers. Once again, I used the ESPN recruiting site and looked at the football players OFFERED

I wouldn't use ESPN, they are very inaccurate for the most part. Especially in the midwest. Rivals, Scout and 247 are the best... I would say 247 is the best but Rivals is right there and Scout is getting better. ESPN isn't very good.

By the way... Clemson and Michigan sniffing around Isaiah Simmons from Olathe, Kansas right now. Will be interesting to see how this one goes. I think Nebraska is in the lead for now.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing worse than a fucktard who's consistently wrong in the crap he pimps criticizing anothers efforts without putting in same.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing worse than a fucktard who's consistently wrong in the crap he pimps criticizing anothers efforts without putting in same.
There's nothing wrong with someone who does follow recruiting providing information that is pretty commonly known in the recruiting world (that ESPN sucks at it) to someone who, by his own admission, doesn't follow recruiting all that closely (not that there's anything wrong with that).

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More fun with numbers. Once again, I used the ESPN recruiting site and looked at the football players OFFERED by Ohio State and Nebraska.

Ohio State competes against 43 different schools for talent and their top five are, the number next to the school name is the recruits that chose that school over Ohio State
Michigan State 9
Michigan 9
Notre Dame 7
Miami, FL 6
Florida 5
Penn State 5
Clemson 5

Interesting tidbit, not one chose Alabama over Ohio State. The only Big ten West team that Ohio State lost a recruit to was Minnesota.

Only two were non Power 5, Houston and Western Michigan

Nebraska competes against 54 different schools,
the number next to the school name is the recruits that chose that school over Nebraska. Nebraska lost recruits to ten teams in the B1G.
LSU 9
Ohio State 8
USC 7
Michigan State 7
Clemson 6
Penn State 6
Tennessee 6

non power 5 schools, Houston, Western Michigan, UAB, SMU, and Fresno State.
One thing you have to be careful with is going off the offer lists. Schools don't put out offer lists, kids provide that information. From that information, it is impossible to know if someone really does have an offer they can actually commit to. It is also impossible to know whether an offer has been withdrawn or a kid is told to look elsewhere.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Didn't discount his effort at all, just saying that if he used another more respected resource his efforts would yield better results. I also only post what I read or see on twitter or in the recruiting world. Sometimes I'm wrong, sometimes I'm not. The information he posted is interesting, congrats for him in doing the work.

I also take issue with you saying I don't put effort into the things I post about recruiting. I follow the recruiting world very closely but it's always a mixed bag, this recruiting season has especially been odd and hard to predict. That's recruiting.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't discount his effort at all, just saying that if he used another more respected resource his efforts would yield better results. I also only post what I read or see on twitter or in the recruiting world. Sometimes I'm wrong, sometimes I'm not. The information he posted is interesting, congrats for him in doing the work.

I also take issue with you saying I don't put effort into the things I post about recruiting. I follow the recruiting world very closely but it's always a mixed bag, this recruiting season has especially been odd and hard to predict. That's recruiting.

Yeah. And in July 2014, 247 had Lamar Jackson as cooled on Nebraska and warm on Louisville. You told me that 247 didn't know shit.

Of course Lamar ended up at Louisville. lulz

The only time a recruiting service 'knows something' is when they're pouring the Kool-Aid for you.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. And in July 2014, 247 had Lamar Jackson as cooled on Nebraska and warm on Louisville. You told me that 247 didn't know shit.

Of course Lamar ended up at Louisville. lulz

The only time a recruiting service 'knows something' is when they're pouring the Kool-Aid for you.

I did not say they didn't know anything, I said sometimes their updates on the cool and warm don't match the articles, and in that case they didn't. He ended up at Louisville of course, but there had been multiple articles and posts on recruiting sites saying he had interest in Nebraska and in visiting Nebraska. He ended up not and going to Louisville.

I never said 247 didn't know anything, since I got the info off of 247Sports articles, my point was that sometimes their "cool" and "warm" aren't updated very often. That's it. According to multiple writers at 247Sports at the time Lamar Jackson had interest in Nebraska, that interest didn't pan out and a new staff came in that didn't recruit him at the end of the season.

It's recruiting, people are wrong sometimes, it happens. I admit it... most move on... well... except you.

Lamar Jackson, Boynton Beach Community , Dual-Threat Quarterback

42% of his "Cyrstal Ball" choices were for Nebraska, the other 52 were for Florida, a lot of people didn't think he'd stick with the ville and he did. It happens.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Rivals... Lamar Jackson knows where he's going but will still wait to announce until the 28th... had Named Nebraska leaders during the under-armor game.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would be quite the coup

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jackson and Butler appear to be the next to commit.

that's the hope, but I think Tramal Ivy likely pulls the trigger sooner rather than later... maybe Collin Miller too

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Alaric Jackson with a good in-home with Cav tonight... is visiting Lincoln the last weekend in January

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No news, just musings

A four star with ZERO OVs(most of these guys are OL or DL)

Jauan Williams Washington DC
Scott Lashley West Point, MS
Tre Nixon Viera, FL
Robert Washington, Mount Holly, NC
Nick Eubanks Plantation, FL
Mykelle McDaniel Loganville, GA
Stewart Reese Fort Pierce, FL
Xavier Gaines Lake Wales, FL
Sean Foster Mundelein, IL
Marcus Tatum Daytona Beach, FL

Marcus Tatum committed to Tennessee on january 11, the day after I posted
Sean Foster looks to be leaning to Iowa State
Mykelle McDaniel is all in on the SEC
Scott Lashley is leaning Mississippi State
Tre Nixon Scott Frost is in his ear
Robert Washington is OV visiting TCU
Nick Eubanks just OV visited Alabama
Stewart Reese is visiting FSU, Miss St, and just visited Syracuse.
Xavier Gaines no news but Nebraska has a QB, and a good one in Patrick O'Brien
Jauan Williams visited Florida State and is visiting LSU, he also visited Alabama

I will guess not one commits to Nebraska.

New names I have read up on

Alaric Jackson, OT, Detroit MI he is visiting Iowa January 22 and Nebraska january 29
Royce Newman, OT, Nashville IL visiting Mississippi and Missouri. Committed to Missouri but is rethinking. He visited Nebraska December 11, 2015

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marcus Tatum committed to Tennessee on january 11, the day after I posted
Sean Foster looks to be leaning to Iowa State
Mykelle McDaniel is all in on the SEC
Scott Lashley is leaning Mississippi State
Tre Nixon Scott Frost is in his ear
Robert Washington is OV visiting TCU
Nick Eubanks just OV visited Alabama
Stewart Reese is visiting FSU, Miss St, and just visited Syracuse.
Xavier Gaines no news but Nebraska has a QB, and a good one in Patrick O'Brien
Jauan Williams visited Florida State and is visiting LSU, he also visited Alabama

I will guess not one commits to Nebraska.

New names I have read up on

Alaric Jackson, OT, Detroit MI he is visiting Iowa January 22 and Nebraska january 29
Royce Newman, OT, Nashville IL visiting Mississippi and Missouri. Committed to Missouri but is rethinking. He visited Nebraska December 11, 2015

Good info... Alaric Jackson also got a Crystal Ball on 247 to Nebraska today, hard to read Royce Newman though it looks like Ole Miss has jumped into the mix. And Jauan Williams is the ultimate wildcard, don't like Nebraska's chances but they are still working him pretty hard.