• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you do realize a series is at least 4-7 games the reason why I say inconsistent is bc the Heat are depending on him as the 3rd scorer, 2nd guard, at least most of the time. You can see the inconsistency for most of the season if you look at his game log. He has always been this way. But he has been pretty damn good recently, still doesn't change the fact he is inconsistent though.

I'm not expecting the Heat to win a series though

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harrison Barnes went 5-32 for a total of 15 points in the final 3 games of the NBA finals.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After last night LeBron is officially shooting a better % from 3 than Staph

.398 > .397

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get me riled up on Barnes today @LAD LOL.
I'm saying....we saw the collapse happening as every game after his return from injury came & went. Now though, in Dallas he's playing like a different guy. Go figure....

Reactions: TJL

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not expecting the Heat to win a series though

wj8vIeY.gif

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Make up your mind LAD, they COULDN"T win, or they didn't win because Draymond got suspended.

You can't have your cake and eat it too
Oh no it was definitely a combination of both. But with Barnes playing- even with very little production- they were at least able to make up the loss by the others picking up the slack (in terms of scoring). But with Dray out they lost their then #1 defensive glue guy AND his play making on offense.

So, when you combine them together it wasn't pretty. Add to that they lost Bogut in game 5 and it was a domino effect, really. It probably would've really raised a lot of questions about Cle had they not been able to pull out those wins after all of that.

Reactions: TJL

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh no it was definitely a combination of both. But with Barnes playing- even with very little production- they were at least able to make up the loss by the others picking up the slack (in terms of scoring). But with Dray out they lost their then #1 defensive glue guy AND his play making on offense.

So, when you combine them together it wasn't pretty. Add to that they lost Bogut in game 5 and it was a domino effect, really. It probably would've really raised a lot of questions about Cle had they not been able to pull out those wins after all of that.

I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NOTHING HERE TO DISAGREE WITH

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm saying....we saw the collapse happening as every game after his return from injury came & went. Now though, in Dallas he's playing like a different guy. Go figure....

Yeah, I would never wish anything bad on him, he's a good dude just didn't produce for us. Glad it's working out for him in Dallas. Seems to have found himself and his confidence there.

Reactions: LAD

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harrison Barnes went 5-32 for a total of 15 points in the final 3 games of the NBA finals.

Also had a total of 9 rebounds in the last 3 games playing mostly as a PF for the team.

Reactions: LAD

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Barnes was horrific. Just like Festus, the 2016 finals made the Warriors decision much easier on if they wanted to keep them or not.
And the fact that Barnes had already turned down an extension prior to his injury made it even more clear what they needed to do.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I would never wish anything bad on him, he's a good dude just didn't produce for us. Glad it's working out for him in Dallas. Seems to have found himself and his confidence there.
I've said this before- but I really think playing with these guys made Barnes feel like he had to do more than he actually could. He has a really nice game in the paint in terms of being able to get quality shots & score the ball. We saw flashes of it but for some reason he wanted to be a splash brother instead of being who he really is. I would have to imagine had he just stuck to his game & been efficient in that sense things might have been much different.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've said this before- but I really think playing with these guys made Barnes feel like he had to do more than he actually could. He has a really nice game in the paint in terms of being able to get quality shots & score the ball. We saw flashes of it but for some reason he wanted to be a splash brother instead of being who he really is. I would have to imagine had he just stuck to his game & been efficient in that sense things might have been much different.

I kind of feel it was the opposite that he felt restricted and tried too often to make the "correct" play than the natural one. It felt like watching him play the wheels in his head were always turning, which made him almost a step slow on everything he did. Even on his drives to the basket it felt like he had to make a decision on whether or not to do it.

With the Mavs, he had pretty much the green light and has been doing well with it. He seems to be playing much better knowing he has more freedom to create and do his own thing without having to defer to someone for a "better" shot.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to go make a troll thread in the politics forum, I'll link you guys when I'm done, let me know how it is? thanks.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just think how good they would be if they were athletic instead of plodders?

Status
Not open for further replies.