• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015 Suicide League Discussion

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Antonio Gates hit with a 4-game substance abuse ban. Good thing Lefty also has Walker.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Antonio Gates hit with a 4-game substance abuse ban. Good thing Lefty also has Walker.

Unfortunately Walker bye is week 4 - - maybe Gates gets his reduced by 1.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, I'm a little bored at work, and don't feel like working much before my afternoon filled with meetings.
With all suicide/coma leagues officially completed, I'll post my Top Players Not Drafted Team - Suicide A league

QB - it was tough to leave RG3 out here, but I just like these 2 guys more, and RG3 has done nothing to make me believe that he will be a fantasy asset.

Nick Foles - a little on the homer side, but I was actually shocked that he didn't get nabbed as a QB2. I'm expecting efficiency to get close to his 2013 form than what we saw last year before the injury. Brian Quick getting healthy would be huge for him.

Alex Smith - love the addition of a familiar face with the Maclin-Reid reunion, more importantly for Smith will be Maclin's YAC ability. I'm fully expecting the WR TD drought to end in KC early in the season this year. Not sure if anyone hear noticed last year, but he also has a nice up and coming TE in Kelce, who should be on the field more this year.

RB - pickings are slim. really slim.
Terrance West - I think it will still be the West/Crowell show in CLE this year, at least long enough that West should produce more than the Duke this season.

Reggie Bush - Has to stay on the field, but I think the return to Cali will be good for him. I also think SF will be forced into more passing situations this year, since losing Davis and Iupati will take some of the bite out of their rushing attack.

Darren Sproles - Murray and Mathews aren't taking his spot in the Chip Kelly scheme. I think he suffered a mild concussion last year though, and that's never a good thing for an aging RB/return man.

WR - still some legit options out there, and a few guys that I think will get drafted in MBBRL even though they were passed over in May.
Eric Decker - part of me wants to think that it wasn't ALL peyton, but it probably was. Still a good size/speed combo, and with Marshall getting all of the coverage, Decker can work over some 1-on-1 matchups.

Donte Moncrief - I fully am on board with Andre's resurgence with Luck, filling in the Reggie Wayne role. But I also think between Moncrief and Dorsett, one of them has a top notch WR2 season in them this year. I'll go with the sophomore over the rook for now.

Brian Quick - this is all about him getting healthy. He was putting up some decent top 10 - 15 WR numbers last year before going down, and Foles is way better than the Shawn Hill/Austin Davis QB debacle my Rams dealt with last year. Looked like he had turned the corner last year, and could a be a huge steal again this year come draft day.

Stevie Johnson - Rivers proved last year that he likes his slot guy. Eddie Royal is in Chicago, and in steps Johnson. I think he'll carve out a nice enough role to be a waiver add this year in most 12 team, 3WR leagues.

TE - lots of good options here, Green, Donnell, Rudolph, Davis, and.....this guy:

Charles Clay - BUF paid top TE money to get this guy, can't see any reason why he wouldn't be an impact player in his first year. Good thing for him that they have a below average QB, who should be looking to his safety valve regularly. Will make some hay across the middle as coverage looks towards Watkins/Harvin.

DST -
Ravens - I also like the Vikings and Panthers here, but the Ravens DST just seems to produce, year in year out. Haven't been as good recently as they were in years past, but they still managed to put up over 12pts per week last year.

K - yup, I'm doing a full squad here
Blair Walsh - AP coming back should boost this whole team's offensive numbers, including getting them within range for some more FGs this year. And who really cares, its just a K!

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Real nice write-up Monkey!
As I was reading your Decker comments, I couldn't help but think that maybe part of the Jets problem was Rex Ryan himself. I think there was only 1 season where he attempted more passes than runs (and I believe it was by 1 attempt). Whether Geno is a bum or not, the Jets have talent at WR (Marshall/Decker) and now they have a HC who will most-likely relax a little in the run game and pass more.
Cue Milk, in 3, 2, 1...

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice to see that my Coma team has 4 (Quick, Stevie, Donnell & Ravens DST) of those mentioned. ....

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Will so I logged on and took a good look at our Suicide team................if even 1 of those WR's shows up on a weekly basis we should win some games.......................

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way..... @TREFF , my boy Seantavius Jones is now alive in ESPN.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@TREFF @averagejoe @TKOSpikes @wilwhite @SmokingMonkey @The Foot @Ram Tough @Chef99 @Barilko @Yellow Fuzzies @leftypower
I know you guise have been waiting for this......................Fantrax rankings of our drafts................if the B League want's to see it they just have to give me the link from ESPN

Overall
Rank Team Score
1 Team Lefty 709
2 Team landseadel 649
3 Smoking Monkey 644
4 Drummond Bugle Band 633
5 Ram Tough 619
6 Total Knock Out 617
7 Team THE RRC's 2.5 594
8 Soggy Bottom Boyz 590
9 Kamikaze Sloths 586
10 The Fudpuckers 563
11 The Foot The Foot 536
12 Barilko's Oilers 524

Starters
Rank Team Score
1 Team landseadel 565
2 Drummond Bugle Band 541
3 Ram Tough 537
4 Team Lefty 536
5 Kamikaze Sloths 515
6 Smoking Monkey 510
7 Team THE RRC's 2.5 506
8 Soggy Bottom Boyz 503
9 The Fudpuckers 481
10 The Foot The Foot 480
11 Total Knock Out 447
12 Barilko's Oilers 425

Bench
Rank Team Score
1 Team Lefty 173
2 Total Knock Out 170
3 Smoking Monkey 133
4 Barilko's Oilers 98
5 Drummond Bugle Band 91
6 Team THE RRC's 2.5 88
7 Soggy Bottom Boyz 87
8 Team landseadel 84
9 Ram Tough 82
10 The Fudpuckers 81
11 Kamikaze Sloths 71
12 The Foot The Foot 55

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on this, the Lefty Fuzzy team in dynasty should by tough.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dynasty is a bit different. Be fun to see how they grade it though. I think TKO would have the highest rating.
I'd put my money on Micro..not to put down TKO's though

Not sure how to they can 'grade/project' a dynasty team. .... understand a this yr projection but not long term - - too many unknowns and variables. ..... but, yea, would be interesting to see how this yr grades out. ...

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the Suicide projections seems I need to shake up my lineup and get some of those bench guys in as starters
:D

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Chef99
Did you guise draft it slow or on ESPN?

Sam - the draft took place on Fantrax with a 24hr clock.. ... I imagine you will not be able to import the league draft (since you're not in it). .... assume the projections came from Fantasypro ???

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sam - the draft took place on Fantrax with a 24hr clock.. ... I imagine you will not be able to import the league draft (since you're not in it). .... assume the projections came from Fantasypro ???
Yup........................don't look like it will let me do Fantrax................but I was able to do the B League Suicide draft and could probably do the Coma League too if it's on ESPN

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Will so I logged on and took a good look at our Suicide team................if even 1 of those WR's shows up on a weekly basis we should win some games.......................
A little tougher road now. I don't feel bad any more about sacrificing the second TE for an extra RB.

We really need Randle to keep it together.