• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 2015 Opening Day: St. Louis Cardinals @ Chicago Cubs

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 8 seconds off each commercial isn't helping. This is a boring game

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't the world champs usually play on Sunday night? Why are the cubs/cardinals playing?

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the talk of the Cubs being ready this year have been shot down with there D tonight. Cubbies have looked like a Little League team at times.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the talk of the Cubs being ready this year have been shot down with there D tonight. Cubbies have looked like a Little League team at times.

it's one game out of 162 though. But it wouldn't surprise me if their defense was the difference between them making and missing the playoffs. Also, their rotation seems pretty meh. I do think Lester/Arrieta will be one of the best 1-2 punches in baseball though. Reuniting with Bosio might help Hammel though, as he was using his slider a lot with the Cubs last year. The walks were down and his strikeout rate spiked, and he was pitching very well until he got traded to Oakland. Travis Wood has command issues, not to mention his stuff just isn't very good to begin with. Hendricks gets some ground balls and limits walks, but he just doesn't strike anyone out. He's intriguing though.

Last edited:

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder if bryant could have made a 3 run difference? its possible. wonder if squandering these important division games could bite the cubs in the butt at the end? its possible, but not likely. looks like the cubs put money and renovations ahead of winning. its no wonder the chicago cubs are 1 of the worst sports franchises in the history of sports.

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's one game out of 162 though. But it wouldn't surprise me if their defense was the difference between them making and missing the playoffs. Also, their rotation seems pretty meh. I do think Lester/Arrieta will be one of the best 1-2 punches in baseball though. Reuniting with Bosio might help Hammel though, as he was using his slider a lot with the Cubs last year. The walks were down and his strikeout rate spiked, and he was pitching very well until he got traded to Oakland. Travis Wood has command issues, not to mention his stuff just isn't very good to begin with. Hendricks gets some ground balls and limits walks, but he just doesn't strike anyone out. He's intriguing though.

LMAO...Cubs will be nowhere near sniffing the playoffs this year...get over this hype!

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First game people so just relax, although the Cubs definitely showed their youth. The throws to 2nd were terrible but the SS or 2nd basemen need to handle them or at least knock them down. Then Soler in right was ugly, he gave up 2 or 3 bases b/c of bad plays. Against a team like the Cards, you can't give up bases b/c of stupid plays and help out a pitcher like Wainwright. They chased way too many ball 4's last night, so instead of taking a walk, they struck out. Give them time to develop and get into the regular season grove, don't write them off yet.