• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015 Offseason

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless of Vick or whomever they sign... It won't be for very long. A dislocated finger will only keep Gradkowski out for 3-4 weeks tops. He might miss week 1 is the only concern.

This post is probably pre IR designation...there is talk Gradk might be done in PIT...I have a feeling Vick will have to play his way off the squad.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably means Gradkowski had the shoulder surgery as well. I heard rumors about his shoulder injury getting aggravated during the same play that he hurt his finger.

Maybe we can still hold out hope that the Steelers pick up someone after the first wave of cuts, and release Vick. Someone already mentioned the Bills might release Manuel. I'd much rather have a younger guy with more upside than Vick.

I actually think for short stints, (1 or 2 games) Vick can still play if that's what he wants to do...he doesn't have to carry the team...just know the f-ing plays.

My fear is Vick is just out to add another year to his pension time in the league.

I was one thinking about Manuel...young, big, strong arm...results not great, but he never had a QB coach in BUF and really just started to get some great talent around him...on this team...as QB2...I feel like he can bridge any gap Ben might leave with this team around him.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This post is probably pre IR designation...there is talk Gradk might be done in PIT...I have a feeling Vick will have to play his way off the squad.
Yea pre IR for sure. I hadn't heard anything about him aggravating or reinjuring his shoulder during that same play he hurt his finger.

I'm thinking you are right. This is Gradkowski's last year under contract. That's why they have been pushing Landry so hard. They wanted him to step up in a big way. Now with Bruce's injury it sort of shadows their thoughts on Landry. Like it or not, they are pretty much forced to keep Landry now. Unless they want to reshuffle the entire QB depth with new blood off waivers. My guess is they won't because they won't want to risk losing Landry who has the most knowledge of the playbook.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea pre IR for sure. I hadn't heard anything about him aggravating or reinjuring his shoulder during that same play he hurt his finger.

I'm thinking you are right. This is Gradkowski's last year under contract. That's why they have been pushing Landry so hard. They wanted him to step up in a big way. Now with Bruce's injury it sort of shadows their thoughts on Landry. Like it or not, they are pretty much forced to keep Landry now. Unless they want to reshuffle the entire QB depth with new blood off waivers. My guess is they won't because they won't want to risk losing Landry who has the most knowledge of the playbook.

Yep...Landry is a lock now and should be QB2 at least until game 1. Maybe they feared another camp injury could claim Vick, but I probably would've waited to see the cutdown list before signing Vick. They can still do that. Being that both Vick and Tomlin are from the same hometown area...I think Vick is going to give it 100%...I hope he does, but doesn't have to play in any games.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why are you guys so against vick, just curious
It has nothing to do with his past offenses... I've learned long ago to separate on the field & off the field.

For me... As a person, Vick does not care about his team or teammates. Shows no allegiance, only to his bank account. His ego is bound to rub people the wrong way. He has long had issues getting along with his coaches. As a player, Vick has accuracy issues. His arm has lost a lot of strength. He is still mobile, but his durability is that of a sheet of aluminum foil. His decision making scares me. He has often has that me-first mentality where he would rather create plays than to run the designed play. His pocket presence is shaky, and he often relies too heavily on moving outside the pocket instead of pushing through it. In other words he scrambles too much.

It may sound as if I'm critiquing him as if he were brought in to be the starter, but to me he is likely going to end up being the QB2 because we know Landry sucks scrotum. And I think there were a few better options out there over him. He is still a capable fill in, so I'm not completely in denial of his skill set. I may be harsh, but what concerns me the most is his presence in the locker room. We don't need another locker room cancer like Legerrette Blount was.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why are you guys so against vick, just curious

My golf buddy who was a huge Vick fan and a huge dog lover...that was a very difficult time for him and to some degree myself as well because even though I'm not a dog owner, I'm quite fond of his dog...As many said, did, his time...water under the bridge....the people protesting...you can't tell someone how they should feel in this situation, but enough time has passed to move on

Today, on this team...I think he can still play if he's motivated to do so .

I have 2 issues with Vick:

1. I question whether he really wants to play or not...hopefully a chance to win something on the way out means something to him and he's ready mentally and physically

2. Too injury prone for his style of play....I think Vick playing fir any extended time brings Landry into play at some point.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely no one else out there unless they wanted to try and coax Kyle Orton out of retirement.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has nothing to do with his past offenses... I've learned long ago to separate on the field & off the field.

For me... As a person, Vick does not care about his team or teammates. Shows no allegiance, only to his bank account. His ego is bound to rub people the wrong way. He has long had issues getting along with his coaches. As a player, Vick has accuracy issues. His arm has lost a lot of strength. He is still mobile, but his durability is that of a sheet of aluminum foil. His decision making scares me. He has often has that me-first mentality where he would rather create plays than to run the designed play. His pocket presence is shaky, and he often relies too heavily on moving outside the pocket instead of pushing through it. In other words he scrambles too much.

It may sound as if I'm critiquing him as if he were brought in to be the starter, but to me he is likely going to end up being the QB2 because we know Landry sucks scrotum. And I think there were a few better options out there over him. He is still a capable fill in, so I'm not completely in denial of his skill set. I may be harsh, but what concerns me the most is his presence in the locker room. We don't need another locker room cancer like Legerrette Blount was.

reports are he was a good team mate in NY and guys here are all about it

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
reports are he was a good team mate in NY and guys here are all about it
I think he'll be the same thing here...hopefully we don't hear anything about or from Vick all season and he collects his ring with the other players.

I still feel good about the season, we knew about Bell for awhile and it's starting to look as if Murphy is going to get the 5th WR spot for the time being....Coates wills get some snaps in lieu of Bryant and hopefully he takes advantage of them, I'm not too worried about the 4 game stretch.

Still a little anxious about the DEF, but my feeling is they will be better by week 4 or 5 than they are in week 1 or 2.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tracking Cuts
(Italics for 1st wave)

Reserve/PUP List:

Mike Adams

Reserve/Injured List:
Clifton Geathers
Shaun Suisham
Bruce Gradkowski
Senquez Golson
Garrett Hartley
David Nelson

Waived/Injured List:
Shawn Lemon
Ross Scheuerman
Eli Rogers
Rob Blanchflower
Isaiah Lewis
Devin Gardner
Cameron Stingily
Jordan Zumwalt
Cameron Clear
Niko Davis
Ray Hamilton

Released:
Michael Egnew
Tajh Boyd
Miles Dieffenbach
Kenzel Doe
CJ Goodwin (surprise for me)
Braylon Heard
Joe Kruger
Joe Okafor
Collin Rahrig
Jordan Sullen
Kevin Whimpey
Ian Wild (big surprise)

Not many surprises on this list. I have a question though... Is the PUP Reserve list the IR-recall? I don't think it is, because I'm assuming that will be saved for Pouncey.

Goodwin was a surprise for me. He was having another great offseason & camp. I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up on the PS again. Him getting released this early only means the team has a lot of confidence in DHB & possibly Tyler Murphy filling the 5th & 6th spots. It would be a huge surprise if the team didn't keep 6 WRs with Bryant's suspension being upheld.

Ian Wild is by far the biggest surprise. He was making huge waves all offseason, and was creating a name for himself. The fact that he was being used at multiple positions should have been more than enough to carry him past the 1st wave. If he would have made the 53, it would have meant either 1 less DB or he would have taken Garvin out of commission. There was little chance he could have displaced Garvin. Only injury could have made that happen. 1 less DB would have probably been Golden's spot. I would have thought someone like Ventrone, who has been injured for 1/2 - 3/4 of TC would have been cut over Wild. Not sure what their logic is on it.

Just remember, sometimes cutting some surprises this early could mean they are trying to sneak someone onto the PS. Goodwin & Wild are great candidates for it. And you know the Cardinals are probably already scoping out our cuts.