• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015 Offseason

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same deal as last year! But unfortunately I will not be attending camps this year. Feel free to post anything & everything related to the following:

For those that are unfamiliar with the Steelers offseason setup:

Phase 1 (Optional): Strength & Conditioning - April 20th (2 week duration)
*Activities limited to strength and conditioning and physical rehabilitation only

Phase 2 (Optional): On-Field Workouts - May 4th - 21st (3 week duration, continues during draft)
*Individual player instruction and drills as well as team practice conducted on what the CBA refers to as a “separates” basis. No live contact or team offense vs. team defense drills are permitted.

Phase 3: NFL Draft & Rookie Orientation - Apr 30th-May 2nd & May 8th-10th respectively

Phase 4 (Optional): Organized Team Activities - May 26-28th, June 2nd-4th, June 8th-11th (10 day duration)
*No live contact permitted, but 7-on-7, 9-on-7, and 11-on-11 drills are allowed.

Phase 5 (Mandatory): Minicamp - June 16-18th
*Mandatory for all personnel. Basically same stuff as OTA's but more for rookies to get their first experience with the vets.

Phase 6: Off-time - June 20th - July 26th (1 month duration)
*Time when players usually go home to visit family, go on vacations, etc. I'm only including this because this is usually the time when most players tend to get into some sort of trouble with the team and/or law. Also when unnecessary rumors/gossip/bullshit starts thanks to people like Rapaport (Ian Rapoport).

Phase 7 (Mandatory): Training Camp - July 27ish- Aug 17th (dates to be released, duration of about 5 weeks with days off here and there)
*Full contact in Latrobe! When they separate the men from the boys.

Notes:
*Most vet players choose to use the time for phases 1-4 to train wherever they choose. Lots of them go to Miami or Arizona to train with professional trainers.
*Info listed is in accordance to the NFL Collective Bargaining Agreement, which governs everything from the dates to the activities for each team during the offseason.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Face, I got to thinking..... If by some dumb chance AB holds out, I think in the long run it will screw him over and not the Steelers. It seems anymore with the Steelers and Ben in particular, that he can make any WR look like a million bucks. I mean he has make some shit WR's look good. Holmes, Wallace...... I think if AB fucks around Wheaton or Bryant could replace him as the heavy of the WR's!!!

Damn I remember back in the day when we could make any RB the best in the NFL.... well it seems now we can do it and do it to the extreme with WRs!!!

Get your shit together AB or get replaced!!!!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Face, I got to thinking..... If by some dumb chance AB holds out, I think in the long run it will screw him over and not the Steelers. It seems anymore with the Steelers and Ben in particular, that he can make any WR look like a million bucks. I mean he has make some shit WR's look good. Holmes, Wallace...... I think if AB fucks around Wheaton or Bryant could replace him as the heavy of the WR's!!!

Damn I remember back in the day when we could make any RB the best in the NFL.... well it seems now we can do it and do it to the extreme with WRs!!!

Get your shit together AB or get replaced!!!!
You raise a great point. Ben has made a lot of WRs great. And IMO, AB is precisely one of them. He is very talented, but I don't think he would have nearly the same success with another QB. Ben's ability to extend plays was AB's rise to fame a few years back. AB has a great reroute ability when he knows Ben is extending the play. But how many QB's can do that like Ben can? Answer... Only 1 or 2 at best, and that's still questionable.

AB would need to find a great system to fall into if he wants to continue to see this amount of success. But I don't think he is going anywhere. He is just planting a seed. He'll show up to mandatory OTA's if not sooner. The Rooneys don't usually let players control the negotiations. Hines was a rare case of a severely underpaid player that the organization knew deserved more. Looking back I guarantee the Rooney's would have paid Hines his contract even if he hadn't held out.

PS. Holmes & Wallace should have been paying Ben 50% of their contracts. Miami found out the hard way lol

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You raise a great point. Ben has made a lot of WRs great. And IMO, AB is precisely one of them. He is very talented, but I don't think he would have nearly the same success with another QB. Ben's ability to extend plays was AB's rise to fame a few years back. AB has a great reroute ability when he knows Ben is extending the play. But how many QB's can do that like Ben can? Answer... Only 1 or 2 at best, and that's still questionable.

AB would need to find a great system to fall into if he wants to continue to see this amount of success. But I don't think he is going anywhere. He is just planting a seed. He'll show up to mandatory OTA's if not sooner. The Rooneys don't usually let players control the negotiations. Hines was a rare case of a severely underpaid player that the organization knew deserved more. Looking back I guarantee the Rooney's would have paid Hines his contract even if he hadn't held out.

PS. Holmes & Wallace should have been paying Ben 50% of their contracts. Miami found out the hard way lol

Totally Agree....

It's funny, cause I was thinking about all the running backs that we gave names to back in the 80's that were no bodies.... they became house hold names when in the Burgh, they left and became no bodies again!!!!

Seems to be the case as of recent with the WRs....just wild, I mean really wild how we have evoled over the years!!! I think, and am happy Bell will put us back on the RB list again. I like the Ben Duck and Chuck, but always loved some good smash mouth football!!!

Last edited:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally Agree....

It's funny, cause I was thinking about all the running backs that we gave names to back in the 80's that were no bodies.... they became house hold names when in the Burgh, they left and became no bodies again!!!!

Seems to be the case as of recent with the WRs....just wild, I mean really wild how we have evoled over the years!!! I think, and am happy Bell will put us back on the RB list agian. I like the Ben Duck and Chuck, but always loved some good smach mouth football!!!
It is crazy how this team evolved! I thought for the longest time that this franchise would never produce a top 5 offense, let alone top 2. Only because of the typical run-first offense that was the bread & butter of Pittsburgh football. But then Tomlin brought in Haley... His dink & dunk crap only went so far but then Ben pushed Haley to expand the offense. I'll never believe that this offense is or was Haley's brain child. We saw what the offense produced in '13, and it wasn't pretty after we landed an 8-8 season (Haley's 2nd year). That was supposed to be the breakout season. But Ben worked with Haley and they got this offense to the top of the league. It helped having Heath healthy again and finally getting a premiere top dog RB. But I still think Ben had a lot more to do with the '14 success than Haley.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is crazy how this team evolved! I thought for the longest time that this franchise would never produce a top 5 offense, let alone top 2. Only because of the typical run-first offense that was the bread & butter of Pittsburgh football. But then Tomlin brought in Haley... His dink & dunk crap only went so far but then Ben pushed Haley to expand the offense. I'll never believe that this offense is or was Haley's brain child. We saw what the offense produced in '13, and it wasn't pretty after we landed an 8-8 season (Haley's 2nd year). That was supposed to be the breakout season. But Ben worked with Haley and they got this offense to the top of the league. It helped having Heath healthy again and finally getting a premiere top dog RB. But I still think Ben had a lot more to do with the '14 success than Haley.

My beef with Haley has been and to some degree still is...RZ playcalling.

I think a huge lift for Haley this past season was discovering Martavious Bryant and Bell showing the full repertoire as a WR.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Knee is lookin a lot better!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

395 with chains!!!!?? That's well over 420lbs. Harrison is lookin to do damage this year!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

AB workin hard as usual

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

V-Will is lookin much leaner. 250lbs & 11.2%fat (from his comment). Same weight, and hopefully stronger!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1