• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2015 NFL Draft thread

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow - Saints surprised me with that one. I love the Perryman guy from Miami

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jones scored a 33 on his wonderlic. Mo scored a 4. That's about how far apart they'll be on the field as well IMO

Saw the score, my concern is where we took him and as the 3rd corner taken vs where we moved up to take Morris. Athletic, smart kid for sure. Hope he's a great pick. I worry some about him being a Uconn product and the level of competition he's been playing against. Just thought Brown may have been BPA and a fit. CB was a need as well however

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wondering about Wilkerson from Jets

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw the score, my concern is where we took him and as the 3rd corner taken vs where we moved up to take Morris. Athletic, smart kid for sure. Hope he's a great pick. I worry some about him being a Uconn product and the level of competition he's been playing against. Just thought Brown may have been BPA and a fit. CB was a need as well however
He was the 3rd corner off, but he was still projected as a 1st rounder, and should be a day one starter. The drop off after Jones was pretty steep, with maybe Collins from LSU as the last ''sure fire'' day one starter. I agree Brown is a heck of a player, but there are 7-8 outstanding DT's left, and there's a good chance a kid like Bennett, Jarrett, Phillips or Cooper is still there when the Cowboys come up at 60. If that's the case, the Cowboys may wait till the 3rd round to take a RB, and hope that maybe a kid like Langford drops to them

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope its not Claiborne 2.0, cant afford to miss on another corner when the other guys still there could be seen as BPA.
Well we didn't trade up for this kid like we foolishly did Claiborne.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we didn't trade up for this kid like we foolishly did Claiborne.

Silver lining. I just thought sliding Brown in next to Crawford seemed like a no brainer at 27. I didnt think he would make it past 20th pick though either. Gregory slid too. Hardy's suspension will be huge impact depending on how many games it is ultimately and I think the Dline was more of a need but slightly as CB is a problem as well. We shall see, hoping for the best. Maybe we get a good Dline option later

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
M. Brown at 27 isn't the pick when we rotate as much as we do and it's been said RM likes some young guys we already have. The corner will have more impact IMO

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Rams and Jets are looking to move their DL I'm listening, but not sure I'd do a 2 and then still need to give them big dollars also.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Michael Brockers is available for a 3rd, I think you have to do it, right?

I agree that it's not worth a 2nd.

Could Jerry have been alluding to this the past few days? He had made some comments about how teams always undervalue players in favor of draft picks this time of year.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were rumors about Wilkerson from the Jets being available....and that was before the best DL in the draft fell in their laps at 6

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope its not Claiborne 2.0, cant afford to miss on another corner when the other guys still there could be seen as BPA.
I may be in the minority, but I haven't given up on Claiborne yet. Yes, trading up for him was foolish, but I'm not giving up on him. There was a point where I gave up on Scandrick. Many Cowboy fans including myself thought the Scandrick contract was bad a few years ago. All Scandrick has done since then is become a really good corner that we can trust most of the time. Some guys it takes 3 or 4 years to get it. I'm hoping Claiborne is one of those guys. He has had plenty of time to watch film and study with the likes of Sean Lee to improve his game. The Cowboys not picking up his option should be a wake-up call for him. This is it. It is now or never.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reading that these 5 might be there at #60:

Nate Orchard DE
Cody Prewitt FS
Eric Rowe CB/S
Ronald Darby CB
Jordan Phillips DT

which do you go with? me i favor Eric Rowe

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may be in the minority, but I haven't given up on Claiborne yet. Yes, trading up for him was foolish, but I'm not giving up on him. There was a point where I gave up on Scandrick. Many Cowboy fans including myself thought the Scandrick contract was bad a few years ago. All Scandrick has done since then is become a really good corner that we can trust most of the time. Some guys it takes 3 or 4 years to get it. I'm hoping Claiborne is one of those guys. He has had plenty of time to watch film and study with the likes of Sean Lee to improve his game. The Cowboys not picking up his option should be a wake-up call for him. This is it. It is now or never.

Depends what we are talking about. I've given up on him becoming a true shut down corner and one of the best in the entire league which is what we all hoped for when we picked him. But, I think he can still grow into a decent NFL player and hopefully even a starter. It's too early to say he is never going to be an NFL player due to all the injuries he has had since day one. We talk about Lee and Murray all the time, but Claiborne is always hurt. ALWAYS. Even when he is on the field he has a chronic issue as compared to just the aches and pains of being an NFL player. If he can ever get healthy maybe we can see what he can do. At this point I think he has one last chance this season to prove his worth to the Cowboys. I won't say I've given up on him, but every year I've lowered my expectations a little more and more.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I may be in the minority, but I haven't given up on Claiborne yet"

nope...you & I see this the same. I look forward to seeing Mo play this season more than ever

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reading that these 5 might be there at #60:

Nate Orchard DE
Cody Prewitt FS
Eric Rowe CB/S
Ronald Darby CB
Jordan Phillips DT

which do you go with? me i favor Eric Rowe
Orchard is the guy for me, great pass rusher, doubt he's there. Prewitt is more of a SS type. Rowe would be fantastic, should be gone early. Darby is a shrimp, but one Hell of a football player. Phillips is a monster, 6'5", 330, and quick, dominant talent but so so numbers.

I think the Cowboys let the board play out, and it'd gonna be RB, DL or DB again. Tons of good DT's, Phillips, Davis, Jarrett, Bennett, heck, even Goldman is on the board. There will be a solid DT or RB on the board, no matter how it plays out. Guys like Gregory and Green Beckham still on the board just pushes a couple of other guys closet to Dallas

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Orchard is the guy for me, great pass rusher, doubt he's there. Prewitt is more of a SS type. Rowe would be fantastic, should be gone early. Darby is a shrimp, but one Hell of a football player. Phillips is a monster, 6'5", 330, and quick, dominant talent but so so numbers.

I think the Cowboys let the board play out, and it'd gonna be RB, DL or DB again. Tons of good DT's, Phillips, Davis, Jarrett, Bennett, heck, even Goldman is on the board. There will be a solid DT or RB on the board, no matter how it plays out. Guys like Gregory and Green Beckham still on the board just pushes a couple of other guys closet to Dallas

I think DL. There are so many DL still there that can help this team. My other guesses would be RB or LB but I'd be OK with another DB as long as either he or Jones plays FS. No interest in a SS and don't see a reason to take another corner if we are playing Jones at CB.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
setting up for a LB at 60
could do a lot worse than a Denzel Perryman or Eric Kendricks.
Smart football players who love the game of football

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy I am really hoping for is Preston Smith. If he makes it to #60, I would hope he is the pick. Greg Hardy insurance, and he can take over for Hardy after 2015.