• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015 New England Patriots Roster

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is effective 4-5-2015

75 Active Players By Position

• QB - 3 Brady, Garoppolo, Gilbert
  • RB - 7 Bolden, James White, Gray, Blount, Gaffney, Lewis, Cadet
  • C - 1 Stork
  • G - 4 Wendell, Kline, Devey, Barker
  • OT - 5 Vollmer, Solder, Cannon, Cameron Fleming, Hauptmann
  • WR - 10 Amendola, Slater, Edelman, Lafell, Boyce, Dobson, Krause, Gibson, Dorsey, Tyms
  • TE - 5 Rob Gronkowski, Hoomanawanui, Wright, Develin, Chandler
  • DE - 5 Ninkovich, Chandler Jones, Moore, Buchanan, Bequette
  • DT - 6 Chris Jones, Easley, Antonio Johnson, Vellano, Siliga, Branch
  • LB - 12 Collins, Hightower, Mayo, Gordon, Darius Fleming, Rufus Johnson, Martin, Skinner, Sheard, Morris, Chris White, Freeny
  • CB - 9 Ryan, Arrington, Butler, Dennard, Green, Swanson, Chekwa, Fletcher, McClain
  • S - 5 McCourty,Tavon Wilson, Ebner, Harmon, Chung
  • P - 1 Allen
  • K - 1 Gostkowski
  • LS - 1 Ott

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to trim some of this fat, and get guys in this draft. That is a lot of LB, LOL.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of those LB's are DE hybrids. Some are special teams, some camp bodies, some will compete to start.

You are correct, did not read it all the way through. One name on that list is Morris. Was shocked he was not drafted to begin with, but he was playing well before he got hurt.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aside from the camp bodies, it appears that most of "the fat" will trim themselves off the roster.
The roster will swell to 90 players after the draft - details on who counts can be found here:

NFL increases offseason roster limit to 90 players - NFL.com

No need to trim yet.....

My biggest issue is the amount of ST guys brought in and that are on the active roster. I just can't stand it. Your entire S group, besides DMC, are all ST guys. At some point, I think you need the talent, esp at key pos. IDK, it's just me I guess.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My biggest issue is the amount of ST guys brought in and that are on the active roster. I just can't stand it. Your entire S group, besides DMC, are all ST guys. At some point, I think you need the talent, esp at key pos. IDK, it's just me I guess.
Most of those ST's guys won't make the team. Our Safety's include McCourty, Wilson, Ebner, Harmon, and Chung. These guys took us to AFC championships without Revis and Browner. With Revis and Browner they had a hard time getting on the field. Wilson will back-up McCourty, Harmon and Chung will likely split time. This is a veteran group that only has to do their job and get time on the field to help make our secondary better than it was last year. Revis is a loss at CB but we are in good shape at Safety.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of those ST's guys won't make the team. Our Safety's include McCourty, Wilson, Ebner, Harmon, and Chung. These guys took us to AFC championships without Revis and Browner. With Revis and Browner they had a hard time getting on the field. Wilson will back-up McCourty, Harmon and Chung will likely split time. This is a veteran group that only has to do their job and get time on the field to help make our secondary better than it was last year. Revis is a loss at CB but we are in good shape at Safety.

Oh, I agree 100%. It's a personal feeling I have, and have for awhile. I feel these ST guys take up cap space, roster spots. I just feel it takes away from getting that every down player. They do their job and I am fine with that. I just feel when guys like Bolden are active over Gray cause he plays ST, that pisses me off. Gray is much better, but lets sacrifice the talent and potential cause he can't cover kicks..and when we are down to Bolden and Blount as RB cause Gaffney gets hurt; well, ......good luck. Yes if we lose Bolden, anyone from that secondary can step in and cover kicks..PLUS..Ghost 95% of time kicks the ball out of the end zone. So how important is Bloden? Not very if you ask me.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I agree 100%. It's a personal feeling I have, and have for awhile. I feel these ST guys take up cap space, roster spots. I just feel it takes away from getting that every down player. They do their job and I am fine with that. I just feel when guys like Bolden are active over Gray cause he plays ST, that pisses me off. Gray is much better, but lets sacrifice the talent and potential cause he can't cover kicks..and when we are down to Bolden and Blount as RB cause Gaffney gets hurt; well, ......good luck. Yes if we lose Bolden, anyone from that secondary can step in and cover kicks..PLUS..Ghost 95% of time kicks the ball out of the end zone. So how important is Bloden? Not very if you ask me.
We carried 6 RB's last year including Develin at FB. We have Gray, Blount, and Bolden as locks -
White, Gaffney, Lewis and Cadet fight for 2 spots - if we don't take an RB in the draft.
Lewis has KR experience but he is not here for ST's He has caught every pass ever thrown his way and has the highest YPC % of any of our RB's.
I use him as an example because he has a chance to make this team as a #1 or #2 RB.
Gray put himself in the doghouse at the wrong time last year. He was inconsistent otherwise. I was really high on this guy but he has to show he can be a #1. He will get that opportunity.
This RB squad has little to do with ST's

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We carried 6 RB's last year including Develin at FB. We have Gray, Blount, and Bolden as locks -
White, Gaffney, Lewis and Cadet fight for 2 spots - if we don't take an RB in the draft.
Lewis has KR experience but he is not here for ST's He has caught every pass ever thrown his way and has the highest YPC % of any of our RB's.
I use him as an example because he has a chance to make this team as a #1 or #2 RB.
Gray put himself in the doghouse at the wrong time last year. He was inconsistent otherwise. I was really high on this guy but he has to show he can be a #1. He will get that opportunity.
This RB squad has little to do with ST's

Carried 6, dressed 4. There were times we only had 3. Bolden is only on this team cause he plays ST. I have no use for him as a RB. Cadet also returned kicks last yr. At this point who knows if they go RB. I really think Gaffney makes this team and has a shot at the #1, if they don't draft a top RB, which I don't see them doing right now. Does Devlin make this team this yr? Are we going to have 4 TE now?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carried 6, dressed 4. There were times we only had 3. Bolden is only on this team cause he plays ST. I have no use for him as a RB. Cadet also returned kicks last yr. At this point who knows if they go RB. I really think Gaffney makes this team and has a shot at the #1, if they don't draft a top RB, which I don't see them doing right now. Does Devlin make this team this yr? Are we going to have 4 TE now?
Develin has been an excellent FB in my opinion. We did not use him as much after the O-line gelled but he is still useful in that regard and as an occasional playmaker. I would be ok with letting Develin go if we brought bacl Jason McCuller. McCuller can run fullback and backup at linebacker. I think Develin is already signed.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Develin has been an excellent FB in my opinion. We did not use him as much after the O-line gelled but he is still useful in that regard and as an occasional playmaker. I would be ok with letting Develin go if we brought bacl Jason McCuller. McCuller can run fullback and backup at linebacker. I think Develin is already signed.

Def going to be interesting. Gronk, Chandler, Devlin, Wright. I thought Wright showed some good play at times, but was just not on the field or looked to that much. I would like to see him in the Slot with Gronk inside at times. I agree though, Devlin in that FB/TE role is pretty nice to have. BB got some decisions to make this yr, that is for dam sure.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone forgets that Harmon got the Patriots into the Championship game against the Colts with a fabulous interception of Flacco in the end zone at the end of the game with 30 seconds on the clock.

Then Butler intercepts Wilson at the end of the Super Bowl.

Under rated talent that kills the unsuspecting.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone forgets that Harmon got the Patriots into the Championship game against the Colts with a fabulous interception of Flacco in the end zone at the end of the game with 30 seconds on the clock.

Then Butler intercepts Wilson at the end of the Super Bowl.

Under rated talent that kills the unsuspecting.
What Browner and Revis did most for the Pats in their year here was "coach" up the young players and make them play smarter and tougher. These kids are now about to hit their prime! I expect Harmon to have a big year!
Scrap (Butler) Has been an amazing player for a guy learning. I think this kid takes the next step this year and continues to improve. He is a playmaker!

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This article was written by Ian Logue today 4/20/2015

HIGH PRAISE FOR GAROPPOLO FROM BELICHICK:

Patriots quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo has shown a pretty solid work ethic in his first year in New England and in a recent interview with WEEI his throwing coach, Jeff Christensen, talked about a recent conversation he had with head coach Bill Belichick at the scouting combine.

“I talked to Bill (Belichick) at the combine, and I asked him how Jimmy was doing,” Christensen told WEEI.com via NFL.com. “He said ‘(Jimmy) looks like a linebacker. He works out like a linebacker. He acts like a linebacker. I really like him a lot, coach. You did a great job with him. Thank you.’ ”

That’s high praise from a coach who takes a lot of pride in the linebacker group and clearly he thinks a lot of Garoppolo, whom the team surprised everyone by using a second round pick on during last year’s NFL Draft. Garoppolo started off slow during training camp last season but finished the preseason a respectable 46-of-79 for 618 yards and five touchdowns, along with one interception. He saw limited action last season, appearing at the end of the team’s blowout loss against Kansas City in Week 4 where he finished 6-of-7 for 70 yards and one touchdown, and also during the team’s blowout win over the Bears in Week 8 where he went 3-of-3 for 22-yards. He also saw time in the regular season finale in a meaningless game against the Bills, where he finished 10-of-17 for 90 yards.

Not bad for a rookie who showed a lot of poise in his first season, and he had the benefit of watching a veteran like Tom Brady guide his team to their fourth Super Bowl Championship. If he makes it that far, those same expectations could one day fall on his shoulders, but for now Christensen said Garoppolo is just continuing to work hard heading into 2015.

“I think he did very well,” Christensen told the radio station on his first year. “Over the first two weeks of camp he didn’t look good, but I think over the third and fourth week of the preseason, he made real improvement, and that’s what Bill wants to see. Jimmy is a smart kid who just wants to learn, and he’s well aware of how good a situation he’s in right now.”

- See more at: Monday Patriots Notebook 4/20: Garoppolo 'Looks Like a Linebacker', Hightower's Offseason 'Kind of a Bummer', More Notes :New England Patriots Blog Patriots News Coverage Here at PatsFans.com