• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015 Chicago Bears MVP?

Who is the 2015 Bears MVP?

• Matt Forte

• Parnell McPhee

• Alshon Jeffery

• Kyle Long

• Jay Cutler

• Willie Young

• Tracy Porter

• Other- Please respond with a name of your own.

Results are only viewable after voting.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The others can take all your whining, I cant, so its all my fault. Great receivers, no playoffs, shit receivers, no playoffs, bad defense no playoffs, better defense, no playoffs. There is always an excuse, always one constant. Its time to blame the constant. I am just trying to help you get thru your withdrawals.

You forgot to add coaching to the mix..... How many offensive and head coaches have we gone thru since Jays renure here?

And I'm with you on theres 'always an excuse'......

Okay... goofballs... If these are just "excuses" how come: Aaron Rodgers, Manning, Brady...and whoever else you want to throw in as "QB gods!!" (Which they are- no argument here) How come they don't win the Superbowl EVERY year? hmmm OH yeah- IT'S A TEAM GAME!

The Hater wants to blame Jay so they call them excuses put it ALL on him... What happens when Tom Brady or Rodgers lose in the playoffs? What do you call that? hmmm Haters gonna hate.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AI- Brandon Marshall has just missed the playoffs for his ENTIRE career... BUT I thought he was the answer... no?

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AI- Brandon Marshall has just missed the playoffs for his ENTIRE career... BUT I thought he was the answer... no?

He was and still is a top 5 receiver, I thought thats all YOU think he needed this year?

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay... goofballs... If these are just "excuses" how come: Aaron Rodgers, Manning, Brady...and whoever else you want to throw in as "QB gods!!" (Which they are- no argument here) How come they don't win the Superbowl EVERY year? hmmm OH yeah- IT'S A TEAM GAME!

The Hater wants to blame Jay so they call them excuses put it ALL on him... What happens when Tom Brady or Rodgers lose in the playoffs? What do you call that? hmmm Haters gonna hate.

So you bring up quarterbacks that MAKE and CARRY their teams to the PLAYOFFS EVERY YEAR? What does that prove?

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McPhee was probably the Bears best player but it's hard to argue that Jay wasn't the most valuable. The team's wins were largely a result of his good play, or at minimum, his not forcing things.

And then in his locker room interview last night, he blamed Leo and the fans for not being loud and supportive enough, saying the bear fans on the road are louder than their home fans. Theres a new excuse for a 1-7 home record. Probably the main bright spot when he was on the field just abandoned the fans.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you bring up quarterbacks that MAKE and CARRY their teams to the PLAYOFFS EVERY YEAR? What does that prove?
Typically... you're missing the point. YOU want to place all the blame on Jay Cutler most of the time. When others bring up "REASONs" the team doesn't do well/hasn't done well. Defense/WR's/Oline...etc. You say: That much $ QB "should make the team better"
ONE: HE DID. By leaps and bounds- did you see the Seattle game?
TWO: What about Drew Brees? He hasn't made the playoffs in two years too. Rivers? Even you're MAKE and CARRY their teams to playoffs every year QB's... What happens EVERY time they lose? The blame goes to the defense/WR's/Oline...etc. <exactly what I and many others are doing for Cutler.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Former NFL MVPs.....SB MVPs....... All-Pros..... Pro-Bowlers and future HOF'ers......Hey what else can I say other than 'You can't win them all'......lol

But it sure would be nice to win once in awhile........lol

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If this is a Jeopardy question, the answer is:

who is Jay Cutler and Ryan Fitzpatrick?:shrug:

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Former NFL MVPs.....SB MVPs....... All-Pros..... Pro-Bowlers and future HOF'ers......Hey what else can I say other than 'You can't win them all'......lol

But it sure would be nice to win once in awhile........lol

Its nice to even get there. Brady was decimated with injuries, now he has a bad ankle, I guess Rodgers and Brady being one and done this year will just make the argument though. :yawning:

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its nice to even get there. Brady was decimated with injuries, now he has a bad ankle, I guess Rodgers and Brady being one and done this year will just make the argument though. :yawning:
Excuses!!!! :ranger:

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you mean, the patriots were decimated by injuries, worse than the bears and he still took them to the playoffs?
All excuses!!! He's a HOFer he should do that! And look at all that money they paid him!! Boom! You're such a twat, the fact that you don't get it, is hilarious!
:facepalm3:

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All excuses!!! He's a HOFer he should do that! And look at all that money they paid him!! Boom! You're such a twat, the fact that you don't get it, is hilarious!
:facepalm3:

come on Joey, you are far to intelligent to resort to name calling, but thats what happens when you try to be smarter than an idiot, you fall behind. At least we wont get any HOF arguments from you about Jay.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure why Brady and Rodgers were brought up in a thread about Bears MVP... Cutler isn't in their league, while Jay had a BEARS MVP year, he is still only just a solid QB of the league, being payed to be more than mid pack QB pay, unfortunately. That may change if he continues in this steady eddie manner in which he played last year, but man oh man, he needs his WR's and TE's back.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure why Brady and Rodgers were brought up in a thread about Bears MVP... Cutler isn't in their league, while Jay had a BEARS MVP year, he is still only just a solid QB of the league, being payed to be more than mid pack QB pay, unfortunately. That may change if he continues in this steady eddie manner in which he played last year, but man oh man, he needs his WR's and TE's back.

I see this a lot... more so when he first signed that deal. But, is he really "being paid to be more than a mid pack QB?" Sure that's a crazy amount of money... but if you look around the league it's really just the cost of business when it comes to the Quarterback position now.
Deals to Tannehill, Kaepernick, Flacco, Wilson, Newton, Luck (next), Rivers, Ryan, Alex Smith,... With the exception of Flacco none have won superbowls and some have regressed worse then Jay ever played.

Not to mention the deals signed by guys like Flynn and McCown in the recent past- While not $100M deals they got HUGE money based on very little production (or a VERY small sample size of good play) And the fact that guys like Bradford & Foles are still starting QB's... and T.J. Yates, Hasselbeck, Case Keenum, Manziel, Kellen Moore, Mettenberger, Mallett, Clausen, and Weeden are still getting starts.
Jay's pay is what it is... I think it's still an issue for Bears fans, because we, as bears fans, just haven't seen it before.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I tried to move this conversation to the actual cutler thread, but I guess when you bring up facts like 313 out of 482 passes all less than 10 yards for our MVP, he needs to find a way to defend his god.

So if we are now keeping this conversation here, the difference is, though, the conversation starts with Pay-a-ton, Rodgers and Brady, then Flacco gets paid and "elite" quarterbacks all think that is the going rate. Wilson deserved his money, two superbowls, but the rest of the list (which instead of why are Rodgers and Brady brought up in the thread about the bears MVP, now INCLUDE EVERY FUCKING QUARTERBACK) can all say, well if Cutler got that money is does not take a team to the playoffs, we all deserve a 100 million dollar deal. There was a time where the big boys had the 100 million and the second string was staying around 80.

That's where it all changed.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't weigh in on the MVP, but the way that Marc Mariani played, making some clutch catches while getting popped in the process, deserves more playing time with Jeffery and White.