• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015-16 NBA Western Conference OFFICIAL THREAD

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its incredibly important for them to keep- especially in light of Russell's recent issues. If they get a top 2 pick and draft Ingram or Simmons that will be the best player the Lakers have drafted since Magic- hands down.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I don't want to lose that pick. I just don't think it's the end of the world if they don't keep it. I will say though, that if they don't, the FO will be under a lot more pressure to make something good happen in FA.

Clarkson is a restricted free agent. I dont really think you want to invest a lot of money in him- who knows- maybe i am wrong- but i wouldnt. Russell is going to have some trust issues with teammates for awhile...I like Randle but he is one guy.

I don't think they should give Clarkson a max deal, but he has definitely earned a nice raise. He has been the Lakers best, most consistent player over the past 2 seasons. He reminds me of Eddie Jones. If he has that type of career, he's worth some money.

I'm not worried about trust issues for Russell. The only place that players need to trust him is on the court and so far, that doesn't seem to be an issue. Plus, he seems genuine in his desire to try and fix it, so I doubt it will be much of an issue. I could see it possibly affecting this upcoming free agency because it's still going to be kind of fresh in peoples minds, but I doubt it will deter anyone who is truly interested. FA's may want to talk to Russell personally before signing just to get their own sense of who he is, which I'm sure the Lakers would be happy to do. Randle is a stud, but he needs to spend the off-season developing a reliable short range jumper and his touch around the rim.

Im saying if you could add Simmons or Ingram, or even the #3 pick picking the Kevin Love clone, or simply having it as a trade asset to bring in a player---- would give me a LOT more confidence as a free agent- than if the Lakers come up with Zippo in the lotto.....

56%....that is gonna be a crazy night.....

I agree. If they don't keep that pick, they are really going to have their work cut out for them in FA. They will need to go in with a clear basketball related plans (unlike when they botched interviewing LA :L) and ready to answer any D'Angelo Russell related questions.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, don't get me wrong, I don't want to lose that pick. I just don't think it's the end of the world if they don't keep it. I will say though, that if they don't, the FO will be under a lot more pressure to make something good happen in FA.

I don't think they should give Clarkson a max deal, but he has definitely earned a nice raise. He has been the Lakers best, most consistent player over the past 2 seasons. He reminds me of Eddie Jones. If he has that type of career, he's worth some money.

I'm not worried about trust issues for Russell. The only place that players need to trust him is on the court and so far, that doesn't seem to be an issue. Plus, he seems genuine in his desire to try and fix it, so I doubt it will be much of an issue. I could see it possibly affecting this upcoming free agency because it's still going to be kind of fresh in peoples minds, but I doubt it will deter anyone who is truly interested. FA's may want to talk to Russell personally before signing just to get their own sense of who he is, which I'm sure the Lakers would be happy to do. Randle is a stud, but he needs to spend the off-season developing a reliable short range jumper and his touch around the rim.

I agree. If they don't keep that pick, they are really going to have their work cut out for them in FA. They will need to go in with a clear basketball related plans (unlike when they botched interviewing LA :L) and ready to answer any D'Angelo Russell related questions.

Define max?

I thought he could only get 6 mil to start.

It's still early, so I can't tell where he projects.

But, I would put him.....half a ring lower than Brandon Knight.

He might actually be better in a year...imo

This seems like a fair deal, unless they really wanna sign DeRozan.....

Since the second half of last season, Clarkson has probably been the most consistent player on the Lakers.

This year is he is averaging 15.6 points, 4.0 rebounds and 2.6 assist on nearly 45 percent shooting which is great for a second round pick.

However, with the cap going so high and players ready to cash in, is Clarkson worth resigning?

Clarkson is a restricted free agent which means the Lakers can match any offer sheet teams present.

According to reports, the Knicks, Bucks and Sixers are all interested in Clarkson going into the off-season.

One thing that helps the Lakers, is if those teams offer him a max contract it can only start around $5.6 million the first year thanks to the Gilbert Arenas provision.

It seems like an easy decision for the Lakers right?

Well it is not that simple.

Yes the Lakers would only pay around $6 million the first year with a 4.5 percent increase in the second year, but the problems arise the third and forth years of the contract. That’s where the money jumps to the the max of what the player would have gotten had they not been restricted.

Meaning the offer sheet could be around three year $34.3 million or a four year $58 million with a heavy cap hit in those final two years.

This is similar to what happen with Jeremy Lin and the Rockets where he made around $5 million his first two years, but his contract jumped to 14.8 million the third year when he was traded to the Lakers.

Los Angeles Lakers: Is Jordan Clarkson worth the money? | isportsweb

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Define max?

I thought he could only get 6 mil to start.

It's still early, so I can't tell where he projects.

But, I would put him.....half a ring lower than Brandon Knight.

He might actually be better in a year...imo

This seems like a fair deal, unless they really wanna sign DeRozan.....

Since the second half of last season, Clarkson has probably been the most consistent player on the Lakers.

This year is he is averaging 15.6 points, 4.0 rebounds and 2.6 assist on nearly 45 percent shooting which is great for a second round pick.

However, with the cap going so high and players ready to cash in, is Clarkson worth resigning?

Clarkson is a restricted free agent which means the Lakers can match any offer sheet teams present.

According to reports, the Knicks, Bucks and Sixers are all interested in Clarkson going into the off-season.

One thing that helps the Lakers, is if those teams offer him a max contract it can only start around $5.6 million the first year thanks to the Gilbert Arenas provision.

It seems like an easy decision for the Lakers right?

Well it is not that simple.

Yes the Lakers would only pay around $6 million the first year with a 4.5 percent increase in the second year, but the problems arise the third and forth years of the contract. That’s where the money jumps to the the max of what the player would have gotten had they not been restricted.

Meaning the offer sheet could be around three year $34.3 million or a four year $58 million with a heavy cap hit in those final two years.

This is similar to what happen with Jeremy Lin and the Rockets where he made around $5 million his first two years, but his contract jumped to 14.8 million the third year when he was traded to the Lakers.

Los Angeles Lakers: Is Jordan Clarkson worth the money? | isportsweb

If I'm the Lakers, I sit back and see what other teams offer for Clarkson. If I like the numbers, I match it. If not, I reluctantly let him go. What makes Clarkson valuable is that he's a combo guard, so all of the responsibility of running the offense isn't on Russell all of the time.

I think a lot of what they are willing to pay Clarkson may be predicated upon who they can get in FA. For example, if they managed pull of the dream scenario and landed KD and Whiteside, then it becomes a lot easier to part with Clarkson if they don't like what he was offered by another team.

If they miss on those types of players, then bringing back Clarkson becomes much more necessary.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Diaw out tomorrow. There goes my care for that game. Spurs don't care about the home streak, so neither do I. WCF should be lit.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phil should walk into Dolan's office, flip him off and pee on his desk. That should get him out of that contract. :nod:

Man, if Phil couldn't fix the mess in New York, I have a feeling no one could. You have to wonder at some point when Knicks fans would start boycotting the games to get Dolan to sell. Seems like the next obvious move.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, if Phil couldn't fix the mess in New York, I have a feeling no one could. You have to wonder at some point when Knicks fans would start boycotting the games to get Dolan to sell. Seems like the next obvious move.

I agree. If it's true that Phil really wants out of New York, that likely means that Dolan was resistant to what Phil felt was needed and/or kept getting in the way.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice West Coast action to end the night.

Portland down 2 to Minny and OKC up 1 on Sacramento in the Kings final home game In Arco

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why i don't watch NBa for the full season. Refs and players should be suspended 10 games for shit like that. Until they stop doing it, and stop calling it.

That's not a fucking charge.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why i don't watch NBa for the full season. Refs and players should be suspended 10 games for shit like that. Until they stop doing it, and stop calling it.

That's not a fucking charge.

Make up call for the 5 second violation I assumed

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This atmosphere in the final home game at Arco has been awesome, close it out Kings!

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMFAO just like the Suns game.

Never should that ever count in basketball.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 point play for Dame to give Portland the lead as long as he convert the free throw.

Rubio was trying to give the foul. Did it too late as Dame was able to get a shot up

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
T-Wolves playing spoiler to everything this week.

Will have one more chance to play Spoiler when they host Houston

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings choking at the line...

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BIG L for Utah tonight. Clippers played their C team and still won. Houston is still alive now.

Utah kind of must beat Dallas tomorrow night. Houston should win tiebreaker due to better conference record

Utah was like -1200 money line and lost on streak for the cash. How does this happen?