• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015-16 NBA Eastern Conference OFFICIAL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron James was called out by some when he spoke with Dwyane Wade during halftime of the Cavs-Heat game in Miami last Saturday. It turns out, Cleveland Cavaliers coach Tyronn Lue and general manager David Griffin have spoken to him about that and his feelings that he would like to play with Wade, Carmelo Anthony and Chris Paul -- if possible -- at some point, reports cleveland.com.

"I just told him we can't have that, being down like we were and him being the leader," Lue said. "Just me being a competitor, I didn't like it. We had a long talk about it. It was good. He understood, he apologized, and he's been great."

According to the report, Griffin spoke with James on Wednesday. Also, Lue said James has apologized for talking with Wade at halftime while his teammates warmed up.

Good for Lue.

This is what Lue brings to the table that Blatt didn't. I can't imagine Blatt ever calling LeBron out for that.

Glad to hear LeBron seemed to take it well.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what Lue brings to the table that Blatt didn't. I can't imagine Blatt ever calling LeBron out for that.

seriously....I think in some ways LeBron craves that discipline and Blatt was way too much of a wuss to stand up to him....Im glad Lue is- especially because it just makes all the other guys fall in line. You are totally right- Lue brings this to the table which Blatt couldnt do.

Lue has done a nice job getting the ball to move more consistently to...they fall into iso once in a while still but they have done a much better job of moving the ball - driving, kicking and swinging around the outside....

good stuff....good signs going forward.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron James was called out by some when he spoke with Dwyane Wade during halftime of the Cavs-Heat game in Miami last Saturday. It turns out, Cleveland Cavaliers coach Tyronn Lue and general manager David Griffin have spoken to him about that and his feelings that he would like to play with Wade, Carmelo Anthony and Chris Paul -- if possible -- at some point, reports cleveland.com.

"I just told him we can't have that, being down like we were and him being the leader," Lue said. "Just me being a competitor, I didn't like it. We had a long talk about it. It was good. He understood, he apologized, and he's been great."

According to the report, Griffin spoke with James on Wednesday. Also, Lue said James has apologized for talking with Wade at halftime while his teammates warmed up.

Good for Lue.

And that, more than x's and o's, may ultimately be what makes Lue better than Blatt. I seriously doubt that Blatt would have ever done that. It's good for Lebron's teammates to see him held accountable.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Cavs got the shit beat out of them like the Heat did last night- on t by the Spurs- i couldnt imagine all the haters in here

The Cavs did get their ass kicked like the Heat did last night...by the Heat. :lol:

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seriously....I think in some ways LeBron craves that discipline

Completely agree. No father. No consistency or structure in his life growing up. By most accounts his mom wasn't that great of a mom.

All of the structure and discipline in his life came from basketball... and he had a great father figure leading the way... his friend's dad who coached them from youth through high school.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He walked right into that one :pound:
man u guys really get off on a march win when the Cavs were coming off a road back to back

its cool

ill get my laughs when they matter here in about a month or so....itll be sweet.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i know good post- just likei said- Cavs have LeBron and expectations - so people care--- Miami does not have LeBron and has low expectations so no one cares. Its exactly what I said. Enjoy!

At the end of the season, the Heat will have lived up to our expectations and the Cavs won't.
James will one day, whenever that is, leave Cleveland with the same 2 rings he returned there with.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
man u guys really get off on a march win when the Cavs were coming off a road back to back

its cool

ill get my laughs when they matter here in about a month or so....itll be sweet.

I never knew coming off a road back to back is now a excuse to get destroyed. Its just a lame excuse.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the end of the season, the Heat will have lived up to our expectations and the Cavs won't.
James will one day, whenever that is, leave Cleveland with the same 2 rings he returned there with.

giphy.gif

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's great an all. But it's one thing "talking" to someone about it and another in getting this issue resolved.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's great an all. But it's one thing "talking" to someone about it and another in getting this issue resolved.

And Lebron should know better by now. This isn't someone in his 3rd year in the league. What is this his 14th or 15th year in the league?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
at the end of the season the 76'ers will have lived up or possibly surpassed expectations too, lol...i wouldnt want to be them though....shit...the Bobcats are surpassing expectations too---- id rather be Cleveland 1000 times out of 1000- as would anyone sane.

plus the heat are not in financial position to even bring this team back next year- its not like they are building on something- let alone improve upon it next year....there roster will be worse next year than this year unless something happens that is wholly and totally unexpected and out of character with how the legue operates.

Last edited:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
at the end of the season the 76'ers will have lived up or possibly surpassed expectations too, lol...i wouldnt want to be them though....shit...the Bobcats are surpassing expectations too---- id rather be Cleveland 1000 times out of 1000- as would anyone sane.

I personally disagree ( unless you win it all).
The mood around here after a Big 3 Finals loss was pretty shitty, because when you have
Championship or bust expectations, getting there and losing just isn't good enough.
I've said before, to me, it's entertainment first with winning making it all that much better.
This team entertains me in a positive way almost every game.
Our Big 3 got very boring in regular seasons 3 and 4.
I guess me not liking James before he came helps me really not give a fuck that he left.
I'd rather watch Whiteside and Co. and hope they continue to grow as a group and wait for our turn to hopefully be on top again, then have to be part of James' drama and runner up
finishes.
Maybe the difference is that I've lived through so many championships down here since 1987, and you haven't experienced any?

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not if he signs at midnight.
You don't think there is internal communication?
Look at the Heat with Dragic last summer.
The deal was agreed to and in place by day 1.

The timing is irrelevant. Either there is a cap hold or there is a hard salary. Both are numbers that limit what's leftover to sign free agents.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My guess is that he wasn't overly critical.
None of us were there, so who knows, but I don't see anyone from the owner
down every really getting on James for anything.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The timing is irrelevant. Either there is a cap hold or there is a hard salary. Both are numbers that limit what's leftover to sign free agents.

True but if it's resolved day 1, it's much easier to move
forward.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is that he wasn't overly critical.
None of us were there, so who knows, but I don't see anyone from the owner
down every really getting on James for anything.

Yeah, I mean, he's definitely not going to be scolding him like a kid or threatening playing time or anything. I don't think any good NBA coach or exec would ever do that to any veteran player.

But I get your point... I'm sure he approached it carefully and non-confrontationally.

Not sure that's a bad thing though. Just having the discussion and getting an apology from LeBron is more than I can ever imagine happening with Blatt as HC.

Status
Not open for further replies.