• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015-16 NBA Eastern Conference OFFICIAL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. He gave up a bunch of money this year because of "future considerations" in the future.

Do we know how much he gave up?
I thought Heat only needed to dump 40-50K?

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we know how much he gave up?
I thought Heat only needed to dump 40-50K?

I read someplace it was about $200K that he gave up.

Even though $200K seems like peanuts to an NBA player ... why would he give it up ?

Sorry about the stupid redundant comment in the initial post ... "'future consideration' ... in the future." (duh)

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read someplace it was about $200K that he gave up.

Even though $200K seems like peanuts to an NBA player ... why would he give it up ?

Sorry about the stupid redundant comment in the initial post ... "'future consideration' ... in the future." (duh)

Who really knows ( other than a few people)?
But, my guess is that he feels he can make the roster next year...and if so, get it back..., with hopefully Johnson still here.
I believe, as long as nothing was promised, then it's all legit.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So back to Wiggy point about the Cavs not losing more than 3 games out East in the playoffs this season.

Going by the current playoffs standings, they would have to play Indy, Miami, and Toronto (assuming higher seeds advance). I think Indiana and Miami both win at least 1 (both can take Cleveland to 6) with Toronto winning 2 with the possibility of taking Cleveland to 7.

Based on the current standings, I would say Cleveland will lose between 4 and 7 games. I'll settle on 5

If Cleveland has to go through Indiana, then Miami, then Toronto. Then I have them going 6-5-5. Indiana would be their toughest matchup. Although with the Heat, they do have a lot of playoff experience on that team and were built for the playoffs. Toronto just doesn't have it to me. They'll overachieve and make the conference finals. But nothing on that team makes me think they can challenge Cleveland.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like the Cavs suck now, maybe they should fire the coach.

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OMG...he is TERRIBLE.

Austin Carr. When I was a kid I remember when UCLA was unbeatable -- they won 88 games in a row. That is hard to imagine. UCLA's win streak was broken when Austin scored 46 to beat them.

UCLA won like another 88 games in a row until ND beat them again. (I'm probably slightly off on the numbers -- but close.)

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will gladly put $500 down right now that says the Cavs don't win a title... And would be willing to put $200 down they don't even make it to the Finals.

Don't take this bet guys.....he won't pay if he loses. He already owes one guy on the MLB boards two playoff tickets from 3 years ago. he's a welcher.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't take this bet guys.....he won't pay if he loses. He already owes one guy on the MLB boards two playoff tickets from 3 years ago. he's a welcher.
I was thinking about taking it, but this is exactly why I didn't.

I didn't even know he had a history, it's just easy to tell by the way he talks on this board. I don't know how he is on the rest of SportsHoopla, but on the nba boards he is pure troll, imo.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking about taking it, but this is exactly why I didn't.

I didn't even know he had a history, it's just easy to tell by the way he talks on this board. I don't know how he is on the rest of SportsHoopla, but on the nba boards he is pure troll, imo.
LOL

"This is exactly why I didn't"

You lose how if I was to welch? If you are scared to take the bet... just say it.. If you win, you don't lose anything... If you are so confident just take the bet.

Pure troll? Maybe to a Cavs fan.. you people are idiots that run your mouth and celebrate how good you are before you win anything... It happens every fucking year... you want to know why everyone hates the Cavs.. even though they should be rooting for them? The fans... Cavs fans are obnoxious fucking idiots that do things like celebrate being up 2-1 in the finals like they are about to close out the series... or talking in the regular season like its a fore gone conclusion they are going to make the finals again...

Cavs fans are retards... be more humble. Your team is the biggest choke artist franchise in the history of the NBA.. has any team made the finals more without winning a title?

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crappers.... Why not stalk someone else... Following me around this site has to get old at some point doesn't it? I am not going to have sex with you no matter how many times you ask me to.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The entire fan base of Cleveland teams gets laughed at because the fans are cocky as fuck.. even though the last time they actually won a title was in 1964 with the Browns. I don't know if people from Ohio just don't understand the concept of being humiliated or not.. but you would think at some point they would tone back their loud fucking mouths until they win a title.. but nope.. every year.. same shit.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL

"This is exactly why I didn't"

You lose how if I was to welch? If you are scared to take the bet... just say it.. If you win, you don't lose anything... If you are so confident just take the bet.

Pure troll? Maybe to a Cavs fan.. you people are idiots that run your mouth and celebrate how good you are before you win anything... It happens every fucking year... you want to know why everyone hates the Cavs.. even though they should be rooting for them? The fans... Cavs fans are obnoxious fucking idiots that do things like celebrate being up 2-1 in the finals like they are about to close out the series... or talking in the regular season like its a fore gone conclusion they are going to make the finals again...

Cavs fans are retards... be more humble. Your team is the biggest choke artist franchise in the history of the NBA.. has any team made the finals more without winning a title?

So I should put my money on the line on a bet that I know I would honor but the other person wouldn't honor?? Interesting advice. I'll stick with my original decision. I have active $$ bets with other people on the Cavs getting to the Finals that I have discussed on here. With people that would honor the bet just as much as I would.

The rest of your post is exhibit A on you being a troll. And, no I don't think you are a troll because you like to talk crap about the Cavs. If that was the case... I'd have accused 90% of this forum of being trolls.

That fact that your #1 troll topic is the Cavs might be why people are tolerating you though. So might be a good strategy from that standpoint.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I should put my money on the line on a bet that I know I would honor but the other person wouldn't honor?? Interesting advice. I'll stick with my original decision. I have active $$ bets with other people on the Cavs getting to the Finals that I have discussed on here. With people that would honor the bet just as much as I would.

The rest of your post is exhibit A on you being a troll. And, no I don't think you are a troll because you like to talk crap about the Cavs. If that was the case... I'd have accused 90% of this forum of being trolls.

That fact that your #1 troll topic is the Cavs might be why people are tolerating you though. So might be a good strategy from that standpoint.
that guy just wants your address- he doesnt want to bet...TOTAL WEIRDO...hes on the baseball threads a lot and apparently goes to meet people and challenges them to fights and stuff...whack job...id just ignore...

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Its going to be funny as shit when the Cavs get bounced early in the playoffs and the city filled with loud mouth sports fans in Cleveland once again has to crawl under a rock to run away from everyone else's mocking.

You know why people like Cubs fans? Because they are humble and self depreciating.. You know why everyone hates Cleveland sports fans? They act like Ohio State victories count in the NBA, MLB, and NFL. Cleveland's pro sports franchises are fucking jokes... yet their fans act like they are on par with Jordan's Bulls. Its fucking hilarious.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that guy just wants your address- he doesnt want to bet...TOTAL WEIRDO...hes on the baseball threads a lot and apparently goes to meet people and challenges them to fights and stuff...whack job...id just ignore...
lol.. yeah.. you would just ignore.. why don't you then clown.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When a city hasn't won shit in professional sports in over 50 years... you would think the fans would be more humble.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs should win the East, but, perception right now is that it wouldn't be near as easy as last year.

The perception that the Cav's would have it easy in the Eastern playoffs last year was never the perception until AFTER the Cavs made the Finals.

When the Hawks raced out to a league-best record and the Rose/Butler got off to great starts, while the Cavs had a losing record after 40 games... that perception didn't exist. When Love went out in the playoffs and the Bulls took an early lead in their series with the Cavs... that perception didn't exist.

It wasn't until the Cavs steamrolled the Hawks that suddenly "the Cavs had a super easy path". I don't think the Cavs were even the consensus pick on this forum to get to the Finals last year.

You may be right, though, maybe this year will be the opposite. The Cavs ARE the consensus Finals pick and maybe their trip through the EC playoffs will be more of a grind.

Honestly, though... no matter what happens... if the Cavs get out of the East is will be seen as an "easy path". Which is somewhat fair in comparison to the West... but generally overstated, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.