• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Rumor Thread

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Career year when playing first year in Coors? Hmmmmm? I bet we offered Ramirez for him. Just a guess, but makes sense. Stubbs can fly though....he just doesn't make contact a lot. RH Jones?

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A low contact guy with low power numbers is not what this team needs. We need high contact rates and/or power. I'm sick of guys striking out with a runner on 3rd and 1 out as it is. Why add another guy who can't just put the bat on the ball when that's all you need?

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A low contact guy with low power numbers is not what this team needs. We need high contact rates and/or power. I'm sick of guys striking out with a runner on 3rd and 1 out as it is. Why add another guy who can't just put the bat on the ball when that's all you need?

This,,,, I was thinking the other day when Mike Z struck out with a guy on third and one out. For all his faults, Jose Lopez was nails when needing a sac fly.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Contact for sure. That is why I said the other day that I would take 3 good hitting MLB players over one power bat unless a stud. Think 3 Zobrist type contact hitters and I am all in. Every game I post 'It is the little things' that win a game for a team like M's. Guy on 3rd with less than 2 outs is the perfect example of that. Moving a guy over to 3rd with no outs on a ground ball to right side is another. Contact, contact, contact.

Good call.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Contact for sure. That is why I said the other day that I would take 3 good hitting MLB players over one power bat unless a stud. Think 3 Zobrist type contact hitters and I am all in. Every game I post 'It is the little things' that win a game for a team like M's. Guy on 3rd with less than 2 outs is the perfect example of that. Moving a guy over to 3rd with no outs on a ground ball to right side is another. Contact, contact, contact.

Good call.

I agree 100%. This team doesn't need more power and it doesn't need right handed bats which seems to be the theme. I would take a lineup of 9 lefties or 9 righties if it means they had the right plate approach. I am just sick of seeing guys like Chavez, Jones, Hart, Miller, Ackley, Zunino, Lomo go up there with what looks like no solid plan other then hack hack hack. I just listed 7/9s of the lineup most nights so that's whats frustrating. I would love to see walks believe it or not. For all the bad offensive stats out there, being last in the MLB in walks frustrates me as much as anything.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Needless to say, I agree.

Since PED use has declined so much, power hitters aren't what they used to be, and Safeco amplifies that.

I'd rather have a team full of line drive hitters who can 1st and 3rd a team to death than a team that relies on power bats. Can Z articulate it is the question. Could any GM with what's available out there? Or are we talking about next year and beyond to finally have an offense that can complement the pitching? We'll see.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree partially. I would not want an unbalanced lineup especially one that is LH heavy like now. It is a fact that Lh vs LH in MLB is about .20 points lower than RH vs RH. And there isn't a big difference with LH vs RH compared to RH vs LH.

I agree with the rest. No clue with those hitters. Take strike down middle, swing at ball in dirt.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree partially. I would not want an unbalanced lineup especially one that is LH heavy like now. It is a fact that Lh vs LH in MLB is about .20 points lower than RH vs RH. And there isn't a big difference with LH vs RH compared to RH vs LH.

I agree with the rest. No clue with those hitters. Take strike down middle, swing at ball in dirt.

Preferably I wouldn't either. My thought process is I don't mind adding another Left handed hitter or two to the team if it upgrades the current team. I hope they are looking at all options to improve the hitting and not just guys that hit right handed. But I do agree with you.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually prefer Lester, but wouldn't say no to Price obviously.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I probably prefer Lester as well as his price tag would definitely be lower I would think

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That and I think he would re-sign with us being from the area. That is my hope anyways.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That and I think he would re-sign with us being from the area. That is my hope anyways.

There would be a solid chance I think Lester would give a "discount" to the Mariners in a way. It seems like nearly all players who are from the NW still talk amazing about the place. Lester should feel comfortable because his HS coach did a hell of a sell job on him to MLB scouts.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
14m Right now, Matt Kemp is a backup plan for the Mariners. But their interest is very real. Idea would be to transition him to DH eventually.
Expand

The problem with Kemp is the more LA has to eat the contract the better prospects they will want back.

But at least if he was dealt for he would want his number so they'd have to cut ties with Hart.

Last edited by a moderator:

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Silver lining deal.

I am not a big Kemp fan so I am actually rooting against this one. He is not Kemp of a few years ago and I just can't see him being happy in Seattle and he would be one to pout his way out of town.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the idea of transitioning Kemp to a DH if we do get him. I agree completely that taking on the entirety of his contract combined with giving away prospects would not be worth it, though.

If by some miracle Z didn't get raped in a deal for Kemp, it would still make getting a high-contact hitting outfielder a top priority for next season and beyond.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
by Michael Hurcomb | CBSSports.com
(03:09 pm ET) The Red Sox are considering making a trade for Dodgers outfielder Matt Kemp, a team source told ESPN. If the Red Sox pursue a trade for Kemp, then a key piece in the deal going to Los Angeles would likely be starting pitcher Jon Lester. "If he's healthy," one top talent evaluator said of Kemp, "he would absolutely destroy that ballpark [Fenway Park]."