• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Predictions

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So how many games do you guys think we win this year? How deep of a playoff run? I'm thinking will win 12-13 games in the regular season and hopefully be a top 2 seed. I think a deep playoff run that could end in another SB title is possible. It's gonna be tough to get through Denver. The defense is going to be a lot better with the new additions and the guys who will be back from injuries.

What do you guys think?

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see 12-4 or 13-3, not sure though, looking at the schedule who the losses could be to. Cinci could be tough again but with the extra year our receivers will fair better than last year
Playoffs?
Denver will be tough, Houston may or may not be. Indy is in the same boat, probably in the playoffs, but how tough will they be. AFC North is questionable, not sure who will emerge as a power there this year.
Much to HD's dismay, I will not say 19-0, as much as I would like to see it.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well there's missing the playoffs or winning the Superbowl. Money goes with somewhere in between.

Denver will be very tough.

Everything's still on paper but I like our chances of going all the way. Pats are among the likely teams so that's not something to take for granted.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Injuries again could be the deciding factor of how things fare. I think even with significant injuries like last year New England makes it to the playoffs. Without those though they stand a very good chance to be among the final 4 teams and maybe final one standing. I would go with something like 13-3 for New England this season. The defense looks very good on paper and the offense should be much better with a healthy Gronk and receivers finally having some experience.

The running game is where I question just a bit. Ridley hasn't shown he can be consistent or hold onto the football. Vereen is more of a receiving threat than a running one. James White being a rookie. Brandon Bolden has never been that starting role guy. So I just question if Ridley goes down or has a fumbling problem what is NE going to do now without Blount? Broncos have the same problem though with many questions for the running game so who knows what will happen. Ridley could look like the guy that rushed for close to 1,300 yards and gives NE the dynamic run game they had last year still.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is the best defense they've had in a good while, especially the back end. As you said there are questions about the RB's but I would also add WR's. They were not very impressive last year and you certainly can't figure on Amendola for a whole lot. The good thing is with that defense Brady won't have to win games by himself.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I look at the schedules.New England finally has a favorable (not easy) schedule. Denver has a horrible schedule. The Broncos get to play the NFC West and that immediately puts them at 2-2. They have to play San Diego home and away so now they're 3-3. They play NE at Foxboro so now it's 3-4. They also have to play AFC division winners Cincinnati and Indianapolis. They also have to play at the NYJ and at STL. I think that the Chargers may well give them a serious run for the AFC West.

I'll predict that the Patriots finish the season at 13-3. They'll win the AFC East and have a bye in the playoffs. I also believe that they will play for the AFC Title in Foxboro. I think they will be in Arizona for the Super Bowl in February and I think it will be against the 49ers.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ken, I just don't know how you can go that specific! Hope you're right.

Good point cdumler BUT as we all know, passing, esp if Gronk opens up the middle a bit, can enable the run game to really pick uo. I just hate the fumbling with Ridley. Too funny that BB had him hold a ball on the bench last year!

I am really pleased that we were able to hold on to Edleman. That bastard has hands. Like leaving a three foot putt short of the hole dead center, a dropped pass to a wide-open receiver is the most frustrating thing in the sport to me. I give Jules a lot of credit for how far we went last year.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver does have a tough road...so we could get the #1 seed. Denver will lose 4-5 games in my mind and NE has a chance to be better. I forgot how tough Denver's schedule is.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver does have a tough road...so we could get the #1 seed. Denver will lose 4-5 games in my mind and NE has a chance to be better. I forgot how tough Denver's schedule is.

I'm not convinced about Denver. They paid way too much money for Ware and Talib who could very well spend more time on the bench than the field. I agree with 5 losses which is still a good season but nothing like they had last year.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta tell you guys, I'm reserved about the pre-season accolades the Patriots are getting in the press. I'm rather reserved about this season. I'm sure they'll be good. Great? We'll just have to see.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still not convinced either one of the 3 (Jets,Bills,Dolphins) trip up the Patriots as well.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not convinced about Denver. They paid way too much money for Ware and Talib who could very well spend more time on the bench than the field. I agree with 5 losses which is still a good season but nothing like they had last year.

Last year the Broncos were without Von Miller and Ryan Clady most of the season (Both All-Pro players the year before). They still went 13-3 without them. If either of those guys go down in Ware or Talib they should be just fine for the regular season. Playoffs could be a different story though.

Also have to agree with Redseat in I just don't see anybody else in the AFC East having done enough to catch the Patriots. The only team I could see possibly having a winning record is the Dolphins. The other two I see 8-8 as about their peak for the season.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still not convinced either one of the 3 (Jets,Bills,Dolphins) trip up the Patriots as well.

The Jets with Geno - NO
The fish with their questionable o-line - NO
The Bills - better than these two but still won't catch the Pats.

patspa

PATS SEEKING SEVEN
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jets with Geno - NO
The fish with their questionable o-line - NO
The Bills - better than these two but still won't catch the Pats.

The Jets will be a pain for The Pats again. Rex has, it seems to be a better D this season, it wasn't bad last season, and it looks like they will try to focus on there run game again with Johnson, and Powell. He won't let Geno do to much even though he did get him some weapons. Amaro might be a big factor to help Geno out.

The Phins and Bills well it is the Phins and Bills.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
....I say 13/14 games,....better than last year...... [they better be].....!