• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Overspend in Free Agency Thread

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for guys like Tim Murray in Buffalo and Dale Tallon in Florida it must be so easy being GM.

shit I have to spend $25M to get to the cap floor or we get penalized and wont get profit sharing.

looks at rosters

runs finger down names

mumbling "who is going to cost a boat load that our fans wont even understand why its stupid"

sliding finger stops.....

mumbling "hmmmmmmmm"

Dave Bol..........DONE

It's sickening. The cap is a joke, teams in orange country is a joke, Steve Simmons is everywhere....man i'm fucking losing it.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for guys like Tim Murray in Buffalo and Dale Tallon in Florida it must be so easy being GM.

shit I have to spend $25M to get to the cap floor or we get penalized and wont get profit sharing.

looks at rosters

runs finger down names

mumbling "who is going to cost a boat load that our fans wont even understand why its stupid"

sliding finger stops.....

mumbling "hmmmmmmmm"

Dave Bol..........DONE

Tallon maybe, but I don't think it's easy for Murray. He inherited a total shit-show and the fans in Buffalo pay a lot more attention than in Florida, so Murray is being watched like a hawk.

He does have a bit of a grace period ATM though because he's still working on mopping up Regier's mess.

Canuck eh?

Big Flat Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Leafs will win the Cup this season. Just think the time has come. Randy is an excellent coach, and they've added excellent depth guys like Frattin, Polak and the two Finnish guys who will definitely all compete for individual awards (including the Conn Smythe).

Has ARGOS got all Cyrano de Bergerac on us? :gossip:

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tallon maybe, but I don't think it's easy for Murray. He inherited a total shit-show and the fans in Buffalo pay a lot more attention than in Florida, so Murray is being watched like a hawk.

He does have a bit of a grace period ATM though because he's still working on mopping up Regier's mess.

you know youre right I apologize for lumping that in there it wasnt fair to do that

Harry Crack

Best 8 sec's of her life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Leafs will win the Cup this season. Just think the time has come. Randy is an excellent coach, and they've added excellent depth guys like Frattin, Polak and the two Finnish guys who will definitely all compete for individual awards (including the Conn Smythe).

That's more like it !!! Hope springs eternal in summer my man !

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BrjmH7dCEAEkbll.png

Someone managed to get a picture before it went to the rafters.

Harry Crack

Best 8 sec's of her life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:bawling:

At least Toronto's other sports teams seem to be picking up the slack.

I was reluctantly optimistic about the Jays until now. The Brewers are a seriously good club , and Toronto gave em more then they could handle. Gonna be a real interesting 2nd half

Harry Crack

Best 8 sec's of her life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BrjmH7dCEAEkbll.png

Someone managed to get a picture before it went to the rafters.

That pic just makes me sad . So many good years in a row in Calgary , and now 3rd different Team in 3 . Worse , is the fact he is back in the West. Say it isn't so Pa !

Harry Crack

Best 8 sec's of her life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's sickening. The cap is a joke, teams in orange country is a joke, Steve Simmons is everywhere....man i'm fucking losing it.

I heard Bobcat say on the radio yesterday that the teams actually can be over or under the cap as long as over a 5 year period they average to the cap ??? WTF ? Is that true ?

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard Bobcat say on the radio yesterday that the teams actually can be over or under the cap as long as over a 5 year period they average to the cap ??? WTF ? Is that true ?

It used to be that you could go 10% over the cap in the off-season, but had to be under the cap when the season began. Maybe that changed in the new CBA? I have no idea.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It used to be that you could go 10% over the cap in the off-season, but had to be under the cap when the season began. Maybe that changed in the new CBA? I have no idea.

This is still the case - you can be over the cap in the offseason but as long as you get below it on day 1 you are fine