• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 NHL Draft Thread

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A good recap from DGB:

Recapping the NHL Draft «

My favo(u)rite part:
By the way, the NHL arranges the draft tables based on draft order, with the teams that pick early sitting up front. That seems like a lazy way to do it, and a wasted opportunity. I’d suggest arranging everyone based on the week’s trade rumors. The Senators want to trade Jason Spezza? Squeeze them in awkwardly between the Blues and Ducks. Make the Panthers walk past every team that was bidding on the first overall pick, just in case anyone wants to try to tackle Tallon. Also, a team’s recent success should dictate its table size. The Hawks and Kings should get fancy oak boardroom tables, while the Sabres and Oilers should have to crowd around a little TV tray. I may have spent too much time thinking about this.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A good recap from DGB:

Recapping the NHL Draft «

My favo(u)rite part:

2. Tim Murray, Sabres: No thanking Philadelphia. No congratulating the Kings. No shout-out to the draft party. Just business. Murray is here to trade good players and draft prospects, and he’s all out of good players.

LOL

1. Stan Bowman, Blackhawks: The Blackhawks GM worked in an aside about how “it’s nice to be back in Philadelphia.” Most of the fans cheered. It was only later that most realized the “back” part was probably a reference to this. Stan Bowman: NHL GM, son of a legend, Stanley Cup champion, and expert-level troll.

I laughed when he said it, and was shocked that Flyers fans missed it. Which made me laugh harder.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like what the Isles did. The two European goalies in rounds 3 & 4 will hopefully develop. It would be nice to have depth in goal in the prospect pool.

Dal Colle & Ho-Sang are possible home run picks. SKILL SKILL SKILL!!!!!!

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like what the Isles did. The two European goalies in rounds 3 & 4 will hopefully develop. It would be nice to have depth in goal in the prospect pool.

Dal Colle & Ho-Sang are possible home run picks. SKILL SKILL SKILL!!!!!!

Ho-Sang will turn out to be the steal of the draft.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator: