• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Kings Destiny

Ramtim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings fan since 1972. The Los Angeles Kings this season are a team of Destiny. It seems this season it's either "All" or "Nothing" hockey! When I saw them lose game 3 against the Sharks I told my friends the Sharks were hurt and the Kings would win 4 in a row and when they did that they again established a NHL record for comebacks. I called the Kings win in 7 against Anaheim which you could see in game 7 the frustration of the Ducks took them out of there game. Now Chicago? OK San Jose played smash mouth and beat us last season, payback? The Ducks play finesse and owned us but the Kings changed to finesse and payback? Chicago last season? Payback? Kings vs Canadians Stanley cup? Payback!!!!

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings fan since 1972. The Los Angeles Kings this season are a team of Destiny. It seems this season it's either "All" or "Nothing" hockey! When I saw them lose game 3 against the Sharks I told my friends the Sharks were hurt and the Kings would win 4 in a row and when they did that they again established a NHL record for comebacks. I called the Kings win in 7 against Anaheim which you could see in game 7 the frustration of the Ducks took them out of there game. Now Chicago? OK San Jose played smash mouth and beat us last season, payback? The Ducks play finesse and owned us but the Kings changed to finesse and payback? Chicago last season? Payback? Kings vs Canadians Stanley cup? Payback!!!!

Interesting theory, but in '12 you could feel it was their time. They were clicking. This time they are playing with such passion, such soul when it really matters. However, there have been moments where you do not recognize this team, listless and tired hockey. As you climb the playoff ladder it's the team that is clicking on all cylinders every night that takes the cup, we learned that in '12. So if they maintain a consistent level each night, that can beat anyone. They take a night or two off and last years ending will be the same.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting theory, but in '12 you could feel it was their time. They were clicking. This time they are playing with such passion, such soul when it really matters. However, there have been moments where you do not recognize this team, listless and tired hockey. As you climb the playoff ladder it's the team that is clicking on all cylinders every night that takes the cup, we learned that in '12. So if they maintain a consistent level each night, that can beat anyone. They take a night or two off and last years ending will be the same.

Completely agree with this. This year's team is good, but nothing like the 2012 team. That team was focused from Game 1 of the WCQFs and steamrolled their way to the Cup. Case in point, they have played 15 games in 2014, are 8-7 and in the WCFs; in 2012 by the time they played 15 games they were 13-2, in the SCFs against NJ and up 1-0 in the series. Much more focused, consistent and determined.

This season they look like the 2012 team parts of the time, then look like a complete and utter mess the rest of the time. The defensive breakdowns are extremely startling, especially for a team that is not only built on defense and goaltending but also as experienced as they are. Guys have lost a step (even if not on the team then) - Mitchell, Greene, Richards isn't nearly as effective offensively, etc. - but intelligence cannot deteriorate so quickly.

Martinez played well that season, Muzzin didn't play much at all, but there are rudimentary mistakes being made at inopportune times that Quick is not being able to bail them out on. In games they have lost, a small window of brain farts where there is chaos is where the games have been lost even if the Kings played well before and after that stretch. It's baffling.

I think whoever comes out of the West is going to win the Cup, I don't believe either of Montreal or NY can weather the Kings or Hawks over 7 games (Price is injured now too from what I have read). I just hope it's the Kings.

But the Kings absolutely must play better, and more importantly consistent, hockey this round if they want to be in the SCFs again.