• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 - 2015 MBB Season

Clemenza

Capo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You might be right, but when I say jekyl and hyde it just seems like on certain games we can look so good (ie. Maryland) and other games we look like a bunch of high schoolers (ie. Wisconsin). I don't expect Iowa to beat Wisconsin but I would expect them to play much better than they did. Regardless, we're looking pretty good right now and as I've said all season long this team can beat anyone based on their D, that's the key to this team, defense. We'll always score roughly around 70-75pts.

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally pathetic performance tonight against Minnesota. Veteran players making careless errors: Gesell and White. Nothing from the post players: Woodbury and Olaseni. Minnesota was in deep foul trouble, but Iowa doesn't attack to get to the free throw line.

That's a very bad loss!!

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad loss indeed. Goofs made us look silly tonight.

Clemenza

Capo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now I stand by my Jekyl and Hyde analogy. Great one game, absolutely terrible the next. We're officially on the bubble and probably on the outside looking in after this bad loss.

Everyone seems scared to attack the basket, not sure if that's a function of their offense, Fran's strategy or the guys are just too timid. When we attack good things usually happen. I saw a ton of stalled attempts at drives to the basket last night, really awful basketball.

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only silver lining to me is that UCLA is 15-10, we are 15-9, yet Alford got the big off season contract and while yes UCLA is better in the PAC 12 standings than we are in the B10, I just have to laugh at those in California who thought it was money well spent.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. Terrible loss for Iowa. Someone said we weren't a Jekyl and Hyde team...I beg to differ.

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pin this loss on Woodbury and White!!! Woodbury gets his layup blocked and can't finish a dunk. White, deserves to be benched. He's playing like a high school player: puts his head down, barrels into the paint/defense, and then throws up junk hoping the refs bail him out.

Again, the opponent is in deep foul trouble and Iowa doesn't attack those players to get them fouled out.

Sure looks like this Iowa team is headed to the NIT.

Clemenza

Capo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't think iowa has been jekyll and Hyde since november. We got beat 3 times by teams flat out better than us in Wisconsin and Iowa state, lost to purdue without our best player and lost to msu because we forgot to play defense for a half. That one half of ball is really my only big disappointment in b10 play

What are your excuses now? :L

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are your excuses now? :L

- It was the refs fault
- It was a cold gym
- It was too warm outside
- It was a fluke win by NW
- Sequestration
- Obama was out golfing

....NW is better than Iowa today!!

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big win last night for the Hawks!! I think Iowa caught Illinois at the right time (just like Maryland). Puts Iowa 5th in the conference. I really don't think Iowa can get to 4th - teams just ahead would have to lose their remaining games. If the B1G tourney started today, Iowa gets the winner of Penn St-Minnesota. Win that game, and Iowa gets Purdue ------ I like those odds!!!!!

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good win for the Hawks tonight. With a few more big breaks in Iowa's favor, the team could wind up as a 4th seed in the conference tournament. With a chance to redeem themselves against Wisconsin. Next up, a tough game at Indiana...but a winnable game before Iowa takes NW down.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree this was a good win. Iowa has played tough of late. I still shake my head at times with the silly turnovers and shot selection. There have been many games that have or almost have bit them in the ass late with not getting off good shots or turning the ball over at times they could have put the game out of reach for their opponent.

I love how Jok has played the past couple months and how White and Uthoff have kept things going, but Woody seems to have lost any confidence he had since the eye poking crap.

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the MSU loss today against Wisconsin, Iowa is now closer to the #4 seed in the conference tourney.

I agree with your frustrations about how often Iowa goes brain dead at times/stretches of games. Being such a veteran team, this is a huge concern. If this teams figures out how to put teams away before crunch time, it should be a very fun post season run!!!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iowa is no less than a 7 seed in all of the brackets that I have looked at. Fran continues to improve each season.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we are pretty much locked in now unless we somehow manage to lose our last 3 ( never say never ), IF somehow we can win out in the regular season and get a win or 2 in the B10 tourney I think a 6 seed is the most likely outcome. More likely we lose at Indiana, beat NW, win our first tourney game and finish either 22-12 or 21-12 depending on our QF game ioutcome. Thats probably good for a 8/9 game

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, that NW loss is looming large. But in hindsight, that loss was probably very timely. Another B1G road win...and then payback to NW...on Senior Night.

The "what ifs":
- Purdue loses their last two game (@ Michigan St and hosting Illinois)
- Michigan splits their last two games (Purdue and @ Indiana)
- Iowa beats NW...Iowa finishes 3rd in the conference!!!!! Wow.

Clemenza

Capo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was Iowa's best win of the season last night, imho. Indiana just kept coming at them and with every run Iowa squashed it with a big shot or a key steal/block. Even Joke came on at the end to hit two big 3s to end mini Indiana runs. NW is actually beating some good teams now so I don't think that loss was quite as bad as we initially thought. Looking more and more like a top 6 seed in the NCAAs with a few more wins and at least one B1G tourney win.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elite 8 or bust! I see Iowa beating the breaks off of the nerds from Chicago today.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have loved watching Aaron White play for the Hawks. Great game by Iowa today and from the kid osu didn't want.