• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014-15 Around the League Thread

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rondo reigns supreme in Boston return - Boston Celtics Blog - ESPN Boston

"I'm very blessed to be playing basketball," said Rondo. "I took a long time off from my ACL injury, and I think I took basketball for granted up until a certain point, being able to go out there every night and do what I love to do. I don't know if I was able to show this much here as a Celtic, I'm still very humbled and blessed to be playing basketball, something I love to do every night. I don't take it for granted, that's just how I play the game."

Rondo won't soon forget this day. He smiled when he saw the overflow throng of reporters waiting for him at Dallas' morning shootaround, then playfully tried to mess with reporters (as he always did here) by moving behind the scorer's table -- creating a makeshift blockade from the reporters who were positioned on the other side.

Rondo eventually jumped up on the scorer's table and discussed how he learned he was traded ("I woke up and I [saw] Danny [Ainge] popped up [on my cellphone], so I was like, 'Oh, s---,'") and offered candid thoughts about his play in Boston before the deal ("I haven't played defense in a couple years. ... But [in Dallas] they expect me to play defense, and, in the West, if you don't play defense, you'll get embarrassed every night at the point guard position.")

Last edited by a moderator:

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is one of my favorite plays, which wasn't shown in the highlights clip:

It's similar to this game winner one by Bryant from the 2002 Lakers-Spurs series:

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Don Stockton State Farm commercial made my day. Saw it for the first and second times yesterday.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From ESPN:

+++++++++++

Raptors: Lowry had nine assists in the first, two shy of Doug Christie's team record for assists in a single quarter. ...

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
donaldsterlingdepo2003si0oprt_2.png

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does Sterling's wife think when she hears deposition testimony of these sexual incidents?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought this was worthy of being memorialized here - I like records, like Scott Skiles 30 assists in a game (should have been Stockton, though! Yes, records are special and Skiles deserves it and arguably could be more special because he doesn't have that many records.)

Previous record - George Gervin's 33 in 1978 - Sacramento Kings vs. Golden State Warriors - Recap - January 23, 2015 - ESPN

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As to the Warriors, what I most impressed with Curry, though he touches the ball a lot and has a lot of shooting talent around him, is his assists. I also appreciate his steals. I think, though, he gets a lot of his reputation in the league from his style and great games, as opposed to averages. I mean, looking at numbers only, he doesn't average that many points, his three point shooting (39.9%) is great but not other-worldly, etc. I do like his 2-pt shooting percentage (58.1%). I'm sure it's not all dunks. And FT% (91.6%).

It's his all-around game and his team's winning that pushes him up there. Add on style and ability to go off statistically in points that amazes people. I like that he doesn't seem too cocky and I haven't seen anyone have an issue with him on or off the field (but I haven't been looking). He is the best player on the best record team, deserves MVP talk despite low points (too much talent elsewhere to force it to just him - benefits by getting assists).

We should trade Jeremy Evans, Ian Clark, Steve Novak + Trey Burke, Enes Kanter (because everyone wants to trade him), and Alec Burks for Curry.

They'd do it, right? ;)

Just because I've been misinterpreted on obvious things before - ;) = not serious.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As to the Warriors, what I most impressed with Curry, though he touches the ball a lot and has a lot of shooting talent around him, is his assists. I also appreciate his steals. I think, though, he gets a lot of his reputation in the league from his style and great games, as opposed to averages. I mean, looking at numbers only, he doesn't average that many points, his three point shooting (39.9%) is great but not other-worldly, etc. I do like his 2-pt shooting percentage (58.1%). I'm sure it's not all dunks. And FT% (91.6%).

It's his all-around game and his team's winning that pushes him up there. Add on style and ability to go off statistically in points that amazes people. I like that he doesn't seem too cocky and I haven't seen anyone have an issue with him on or off the field (but I haven't been looking). He is the best player on the best record team, deserves MVP talk despite low points (too much talent elsewhere to force it to just him - benefits by getting assists).

We should trade Jeremy Evans, Ian Clark, Steve Novak + Trey Burke, Enes Kanter (because everyone wants to trade him), and Alec Burks for Curry.

They'd do it, right? ;)

Just because I've been misinterpreted on obvious things before - ;) = not serious.

I don't like Curry's style of play.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like Curry's style of play.

I don't know enough about his style, I just watch him against us and box scores or player profile for stats. I like his assists, but he does handle the ball a lot and have talented shooting around him - is his assists like Chris Paul is for you in assists?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought this was worthy of being memorialized here - I like records, like Scott Skiles 30 assists in a game (should have been Stockton, though! Yes, records are special and Skiles deserves it and arguably could be more special because he doesn't have that many records.)

Previous record - George Gervin's 33 in 1978 - Sacramento Kings vs. Golden State Warriors - Recap - January 23, 2015 - ESPN

NBA Insider: Iceman to Klay Thompson: Nice Shooting, Kid, but Record Still Mine | Bleacher Report