• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 Signees

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obasi looks like he'll be a solid player for you guys, wherever he plays

He's an intriguing player. His juke button and first step at his age are impressive, and he really seems to have natural technique awareness. This video was when he was a freshman, I think.

Last edited by a moderator:

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're still around, give me the 411 on your new RBs. I shall read when I get home tonight.

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terrell Newby out of California was one of the top 5 backs in last years class, in my opinion.. I forget where he finished in the Rivals 100..

He's got quick speed and runs smooth, a bit of power, and is a threat every time he touches the ball. Was the MVP of International Bowl.

some highlights:

Adam Taylor from Texas, is a bit of a bigger back. He's not slow by any means though, and to me has better run technique. Runs lower, takes tough yards, etc..

They should compliment each other quite nicely, and I'm thrilled that we got em both

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taylor is also legend status in Texas HS 5A football. Put the team on his back in the 5A State Championship Game FTW. (irule posted his carries in that SCG above)

You ask most high school coaches down there in Texas and they will tell you he reminds them of a kid from Palestine by the name of Adrian Petersen.

Was committed to LSU but tore his ACL his junior season. LSU went cold on him after that but he came back huge his senior season.

After the state championship game this year, Alabama and Texas came calling but Taylor has a chip on his shoulder for the teams who didn't stick with him so he didn't even entertain any new offers.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both of them will be expected to play right away w/ Rex's graduation and the departure of Heard.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the 2011 Wisconsin offense, 10 of the 11 starters are going to get drafted. You know who wasn't drafted? Josh Oglesby, the top rated recruit in Wisconsin history.

The point is that the idea that the three to four star guys we recruit lack athleticism is hilarious. They are 3-4 stars because they don't play in Florida and aren't part of elite high school programs. If they weren't athletic, they wouldn't be coming to Madison.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair point. However, Oglesby was plagued by injuries, and he was still a beast in run block.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm trying to watch these objectively, and I honestly like Clement better. He's got moves. I think I'm going to call him Montee Junior since it looks like he modeled his jump cut after Ball's.