• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 Signees

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks good. They got a lot more kids than they were planning on originally because of some vacated scholarships. I like the look of these guys, and I hope they stay humble through great careers.

Andersen on the class.

[YOUTUBE]-NBxnApgjDE[/YOUTUBE]

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blows my mind Wiscy can't capitalize on winning CCG's and making rose bowl appearances. They should be landing better players than this.

Hope Andersen is as good at player development as Bret was.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill Busch will get the ball rolling as far as recruiting. That guy could sell ice to an eskimo.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@ Irule

In terms of potential, I personally think he was the third best DE in the state this year. WI was loaded. Kid's dad was a die hard Badger fan so he rebelled I guess. Alec James and Chikwe Obasi are Badgers all the way. :clap2:

Win some lose some. Speaking of which...

Sojourn Shelton: Nebraska offered, Wisconsin got.
Corey Clement: Nebraska offered, Wisconsin got.
Chikwe Obasi: Nebraska visited, never had a shot.

:D

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Corey Clement did not have an offer he could have committed to, and I firmly believe we could have had him if we wanted..

we got two great backs tho

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@ Irule

In terms of potential, I personally think he was the third best DE in the state this year. WI was loaded. Kid's dad was a die hard Badger fan so he rebelled I guess. Alec James and Chikwe Obasi are Badgers all the way. :clap2:

Win some lose some. Speaking of which...

Sojourn Shelton: Nebraska offered, Wisconsin got.
Corey Clement: Nebraska offered, Wisconsin got.
Chikwe Obasi: Nebraska visited, never had a shot.

:D

4.7 40 time? Thanks, but we'll pass.

And Clement was given the cold shoulder in favor of Terrell Newby and Adam Taylor who had a Wiscy offer among others.. He was 5th in line to get a scholly behind JoJo Kemp.

Last edited by a moderator:

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus. I forgot that you guys love to play the games out in your heads during the off season. Any Husker recruit + automatically better than anyone who went to Wisconsin = pure fantasy....shattered by 2 out of 3 university double blind studies in embarrassing style.

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we got the best backs out of Texas and California, bro.. just didn't have room for Corey

I didn't know he ended up at Wisconsin though, good luck to him

I'm not trying to flame you either, bro.. just was trying to have a casual conversation. Huskers were lucky to get the 2 backs we got and I think they look better in highlights than Clement

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know. I hate myself for joking around with you and giving the impression that I care about the "competition" side of recruiting, or believe that who these guys are right now will mean anything in 4 years. I just talk about recruiting because it's fun to get to know the players and see what they do with their careers. I thought it might be fun to talk some trash, but then I remembered that you guys actually take pride in this part of the game. It's weird to me, frankly.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

irule isn't making that up. if anyone would know about that it would be him and he followed clements recruitment pretty closely from what I remember.

You're right we will see how it plays out, but as of right now Nebraska brought in far superior talent across the board and Clement is a good back but he isn't on the level of Taylor and isn't close to Newby.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
irule isn't making that up. if anyone would know about that it would be him and he followed clements recruitment pretty closely from what I remember.

You're right we will see how it plays out, but as of right now Nebraska brought in far superior talent across the board and Clement is a good back but he isn't on the level of Taylor and isn't close to Newby.

Read to make sure I didn't need to delete.

I don't need to delete. I'm impressed. You make some points, and I honestly do believe Irule. Although I'm not so sure that Wisconsin couldn't have won the battle with our RB coach still in town, and a running game that is really second to no one.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like the McEvoy pick up. Unfortunate that the first thing that pops up on google though is "Arrested"

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea now we're headed the direction I thought this was going. I read about that too. I believe that's the reason he isn't at South Carolina now, right? Weed. From what I've seen, he's well spoken and put his work in at JuCo. I hope he does well in Madison and keeps his nose clean. I guess it's wait and see.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's all talent is though... Talent. Wiscy has shown that they have the ability to develop players much better than Nebraska. Nebraska has shown the ability to recruit much better than wisconsin. Scary to think what wiscy could do with big time talent. Scary to think what nebraska could do with big time coaches.

So far though it has been established that Player development>>>Player talent

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sounds like Andersen is fully on board with Alvarez's philosophy of finding guys who are the right fit. I have little reason to doubt he'll get those 3 star guys coached up to play like 4 and 5 star guys. Remains to be seen.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Much better? How does this make sense? Unless you're a major SEC product, or Ohio State, and not only do you consistently get top 10 recruits nationwide AND over-sign to make sure you bring in enough guys to replace the weed-outs who aren't as good as you thought...can you really say that your recruiting class is much better or much worse than anyone, especially when you're not even top 10?

How are we going to define successful recruiting? Our players in the last several years are better than yours. They proved it on the field, and they're proving it in the NFL. They recruited to the right system for their skill sets. They were recruited for how they interacted with the coaches, and the strict academic standards(relative to the rest of major college football) set down by UW. For the most part they have great locker room chemistry. They know how to win. They know how to get better. They know how to want it. They went out spanked your boys twice, and when I say spanked you remember what I mean.

Am I missing something else here? Because I feel like we're just plain doing it better than you. Period.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's an example. JJ Watt. Guy was like a 2 star athlete when he signed with Western Michigan or whichever directional dump he went to. The guy clearly was better than that, and I'm not talking about his work ethic. Physically he's the freak of all freaks. Hell, Montee Ball was a 4 star and even he doesn't quite fill JJ's shoes in terms of pure physical talent for his position.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I'm not mad, I just really don't share this philosophy of yours.