• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 NBA All-Star Predictions Thread.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scores so far:

nuraman00:

1 point

uncfan103:

3 points (Lopez made the halfcourt shot in the 1st round; skills challenge; dunk contest)

MHSL82:

2 points (celebrity game mvp; dunk contest )

* Unofficial point for naming Holiday as the EC Skills Finalist.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't.

During 2002-2003, before the Celebrity game was on Friday nights, they had some pick-up game between Magic and Isiah. That was the featured Friday night event. It was bad. All they did was smile, joke, and laugh the whole time, while moving like Al Jefferson. Magic probably missed most of his hook shots.

Drexler and Mutombo would probably be similar to watch.

I didn't want to watch them for the basketball. I wanted to see them because it's like seeing an old friend. But I wanted them to play because seeing an old friend doing what you used to do like at a basketball gave between mutual friends, versus seeing them at court working for a different law firm. Or suing them.

I liked seeing Mark Eaton at the Dunk Contest. He owns a restaurant near my house, I went to a dinner with a girl there once, not sure why because it's expensive and she wasn't my girlfriend. But it was a nice place. I'll take my wife there one day. I wonder if Eaton was going there anyway to see the game or came on Evans behalf. I wonder if he was paid, probably not, but I could see Evans getting him his flight. But I don't know where he lives.

Last edited by a moderator:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scores so far:

nuraman00:

1 point

uncfan103:

3 points (Lopez made the halfcourt shot in the 1st round; skills challenge; dunk contest)

MHSL82:

Parker always disappoints me. When I want him to screw up, he does well; and here, he cost me a damn point! And another unofficial point!! But I sort of forgot who I picked for the Dunk Contest until after the Contest and I only saw Lin's skill contest - not that great. He seemed like he didn't want to be there or win.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Lin played ok. Sometimes I don't think these guys are going as fast as they could, but he did ok.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too bad you didn't pick Sexy Maya Moore for the halfcourt shot.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish they would have let OKC continue attempting halfcourt shots, even as they surpassed team Miami's time. I like seeing someone make a halfcourt shot.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4. Self-explanatory, I think the teams are stacked that way. I took OKC first, because you know I can't trust Harden to shoot well (though his overall percentage is much better than that one streak). Anything can happen here.

Harden made the halfcourt shot.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't have given Lin a C. 35 seconds is decent, a B grade.

ESPN grades from Justin Verrier said:
Jeremy LinPG | Houston Rockets
C
The hometown favorite has never been much of a burner, and it showed here. An overall solid, albeit unspectacular, round, but his time of 35.8 wasn't enough to beat out the ultra-quick Lillard.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harden made the halfcourt shot.

I almost predicted that, just like I almost picked Parker to lose because he always disappoints. But I thought doing so would only screw me over. I thought Harden was going to make it because he missed that much during the stretch. But alas, I chose the other team.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Lin played ok. Sometimes I don't think these guys are going as fast as they could, but he did ok.

I thought he was conserving energy, trying enough to just get by the first round. But I didn't see the rest because my parents were anxious to change to something my grandpa would like to watch.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too bad you didn't pick Sexy Maya Moore for the halfcourt shot.

I thought she'd be the woman to make it, just randomly, but I wasn't going to pick against Westbrook. He seems like a guy that would make it. I picked her last because I'm sexist. Not knowing her had nothing to do with it (blue is for sarcasm).

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish they would have let OKC continue attempting halfcourt shots, even as they surpassed team Miami's time. I like seeing someone make a halfcourt shot.

I told you and Sackataters the time where the people I played basketball at lunch said I made 8 in a row. I think it was no more than 5, but it was weird. I wish we could play. When I went to games with my high school basketball team, I'd always shoot until I made a half court shot, one three pointer, a turnaround fadeaway like Malone (usually from the right side), and one layup. I was damn nervous for the state playoffs because I knew I'd only get one shot in the Jazz old floor, the Delta Center, and I made the half court shot. I shot that one first because I didn't know when I'd get kicked out.

I'd shoot the turnaround fadeaway on the left side because I'd rather airball than hit the side of the backboard. At Weber State University (another year's playoffs), I accidentally banked it, which is hard from that angle, but it wasn't on purpose so I didn't like it. I was mad because I wasn't given an opportunity to shoot it again. I went and shot my layup and left.

I was a student athletic trainer so I got to go with the team, tape ankles, etc.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scores so far:

uncfan103:

Unfortunately, I changed my pick to James White, who can't dribble.

I didn't realize this was the same james white that went through the legs from the free throw line. So, I'll be changing my pick to him, hopefully he can still fly the way he could 7 years ago

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately, I changed my pick to James White, who can't dribble.

Thanks.

So then the updated scores are:

nuraman00:

1 point

uncfan103:

2 points (Lopez made the halfcourt shot in the 1st round; skills challenge)

MHSL82:

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I told you and Sackataters the time where the people I played basketball at lunch said I made 8 in a row. I think it was no more than 5, but it was weird. I wish we could play. When I went to games with my high school basketball team, I'd always shoot until I made a half court shot, one three pointer, a turnaround fadeaway like Malone (usually from the right side), and one layup. I was damn nervous for the state playoffs because I knew I'd only get one shot in the Jazz old floor, the Delta Center, and I made the half court shot. I shot that one first because I didn't know when I'd get kicked out.

I'd shoot the turnaround fadeaway on the left side because I'd rather airball than hit the side of the backboard. At Weber State University (another year's playoffs), I accidentally banked it, which is hard from that angle, but it wasn't on purpose so I didn't like it. I was mad because I wasn't given an opportunity to shoot it again. I went and shot my layup and left.

I was a student athletic trainer so I got to go with the team, tape ankles, etc.

I didn't know trainers were allowed to practice.

What's the best result your team had in the playoffs?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't know trainers were allowed to practice.

What's the best result your team had in the playoffs?

I think I would have remembered state championship, so I don't think it was that far. But I remember one really successful year (but losing the last game we played), so I'm guessing the Final Four equivalent? I don't know how many teams made the playoffs but I think it was 16. With a wildcard game. So we had two wins and one loss or three wins and one loss at state. I should remember this, but don't.

I was allowed to shoot before the players came out for warmups. Sometimes I'd be the ball boy because I liked to pass the ball, but mostly I was with the medical staff taping ankles or learning something. I didn't like being the steroids injector person, there was so much secrecy around it. ;)

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I would have remembered state championship, so I don't think it was that far. But I remember one really successful year (but losing the last game we played), so I'm guessing the Final Four equivalent? I don't know how many teams made the playoffs but I think it was 16. With a wildcard game. So we had two wins and one loss or three wins and one loss at state. I should remember this, but don't.

I was allowed to shoot before the players came out for warmups. Sometimes I'd be the ball boy because I liked to pass the ball, but mostly I was with the medical staff taping ankles or learning something. I didn't like being the steroids injector person, there was so much secrecy around it. ;)

Doesn't a trainer need some kind of medical background? Do you have a medical background?

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes I'd be the ball boy because I liked to pass the ball,

Did you like to rebound?

Did you do the Malone swinging elbows after grabbing a rebound?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't a trainer need some kind of medical background? Do you have a medical background?

I was in the student athletic program. I also had a Medical Assisting license from a vocational program in high school. I worked in a hospital during the summers and weekends of the school year. So yeah, but if you wanted to be the waterboy, you could come, too. The waterboy did, too.

It was funny, the waterboy thought that it was the duty of both of us to bring the water, but he wanted to do it. He would hostilely try to take the job, though I never ever even touched the water. When I ignored it, he felt bad for me and offered to let me take it and I pretended that he earned it, told him how he'd do a better job and that the team needed his efficiency, and he was happy. No, the guy wasn't mentally challenged, just passionate. I'm not sure why he thought I was going to do it. I never did.

Did you like to rebound?

Did you do the Malone swinging elbows after grabbing a rebound?

Yes and no. I like to rebound, I like to shoot, and I love to pass. I always travel because I hate to dribble; it's a wasted use of energy. ;) I never swung my elbows because I don't have any elbows. You know, like those people who don't have necks or ankles. I am not familiar with Malone's swinging elbows, Moses was a little before my time. ;)

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was in the student athletic program. I also had a Medical Assisting license from a vocational program in high school. I worked in a hospital during the summers and weekends of the school year. So yeah, but if you wanted to be the waterboy, you could come, too. The waterboy did, too.

It was funny, the waterboy thought that it was the duty of both of us to bring the water, but he wanted to do it. He would hostilely try to take the job, though I never ever even touched the water. When I ignored it, he felt bad for me and offered to let me take it and I pretended that he earned it, told him how he'd do a better job and that the team needed his efficiency, and he was happy. No, the guy wasn't mentally challenged, just passionate. I'm not sure why he thought I was going to do it. I never did.

Yes and no. I like to rebound, I like to shoot, and I love to pass. I always travel because I hate to dribble; it's a wasted use of energy. ;) I never swung my elbows because I don't have any elbows. You know, like those people who don't have necks or ankles. I am not familiar with Malone's swinging elbows, Moses was a little before my time. ;)

I agree, dribbling is a wasted use of energy. I would try to dribble as slowly and as high as possible, to preserve by hand's energy.