• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 Kansas City Royals

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hehe..My picture = Ned Yost when detroit is losing and we're winning

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really glad to have Royals fans here. One of the only AL teams I like watching, especially from the K. :suds:

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Royals really need to step on the throat of the Yankees and sweep them. I am tired of this under .500 nonsense.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Half way there... Let's get game 3 tomorrow! Hopefully, we don't get the 'bad' Davis. He has had some awful starts mixed in with some decent ones.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, that is a deflating 5 game losing streak. Pretty much guarantees that Ervin Santana is traded now.

DaZingMaster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*looks left* *looks right*
Is it safe to come in?

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Kauffman stadium toxic?

Bob Tufts is a former major leaguer who played for the Kansas City Royals and current basbeall blogger.
He also has been undergoing cancer treatment for a long while and, in light of the news about Harmon Killebrew and his former teammate Paul Splittoroff, is wondering what the hell the deal is with former Royals and cancer:
This news hits me pretty hard and very close to home. Paul was a teammate in 1982 and 1983 in Kansas City, and I also have been afflicted with cancer. As of now I am doing well in my post-autologous stem cell transplant battle with multiple myeloma thanks to the good doctors at Weill Cornell/New York Presbyterian Hospital.
I immediately thought about many other members of the circa 1980 Royals team that had died due to cancer. Manager Dick Howser died in 1987 from a malignant brain tumor, reliever Dan Quisenberry died in 1989 from a brain tumor, reliever Ken Brett (albeit only in KC from 1980-81) died in 2003 after a prolonged battle with brain cancer. Now Splitt – and me. And Killebrew actually played his last season in the majors in Kansas City in 1975.
While acknowledging that he doesn’t and can’t have access to any more than anecdotal information, Bob notes that there seems to be an abnormal number of cancer diagnosis among ballplayers, especially former Royals. He suggests that the MLBPA and Major League Baseball study cancer rates and types among former major leaguers. It’s not a bad suggestion.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get swept by the Indians, but wins first two games of the next series against 1st place Detroit. This team makes no sense anymore.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am curious to see what other royals fans think about the trade deadline. With the Royals going nowhere... would it not be smart to unload guys like santana or even some of the relieve pitchers if a package came around involving young mlb ready talent? I would love to see the royals get a solid mlb ready prospect for santana before he leaves with nothing more than a 1st rd draft pick that is years away.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like they can win down the road if they extend their window by selling off the older guys with expiring contracts and get younger with more team control... Any thoughts?

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know the post was made on the 22nd, but I don't think anything has really changed in Dayton's mind.

Yes, it probably would be more intelligent to trade Santana to say the Cardinals for a guy like Wong. The Royals should also try to dangle Chen and Hoch, maybe even Holland if you subscribe to the notion that relievers and closers are actually very replaceable. Hoch should be 1000% be traded though. Herrera and Collins probably should have been traded while their value was high.

I think the real issue is that Dayton Moore is only good at acquiring raw talent. That is IT. He is beyond awful in virtually every other facet of his job. He asks for too much at the trade deadline and then gives away prospects for no good reason in the winter if he does decide to make a trade. I point to the inclusion of Odorizzi in the Myers trade as evidence most recently. Do you really think Odorizzi isn't any better than Wade Davis? It really wasn't that hard to keep Odorizzi out of the Myers trade, but Moore threw him in anyway.

But here is the real funny part, Moore is likely not going to trade any of these guys as he will in fact be a buyer. That was somewhat implied in what now looks like some kind of voodoo prediction of 15-5 after the ASB (Royals are 8-2 with the Twins and Mets in the next 6 games, oh, and they don't play against Harvey or Deduno I think )

TLDR, Moore is an idiot, so nothing logical will come of this. We might have a shot at the wild card though because Moore will do something incredibly stupid probably to get Utley or ( I would prefer atleast) Howie Kendrick who can be had up to 2015 for 8 million. In all seriousness though, we really should be "Sellers" at the deadline.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm, I actually like the 1 trade Moore did to get Maxwell from the 'Stros. Gives the Royals a 'power' bat that can platoon with Lough. Maxwell will probably hit against just LHP if Yost doesn't lose his brain at Starbucks as Frank Yost again.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maxwell continues to back up his solid numbers against lefties today. Liking the trade already. Granted, it was not exactly the most impactful trade the Royals could have done, but it does bring a bat that can hit lefties. It also gives you bat off the bench if you need it. To give you an idea why trading for Maxwell who is controlled is a good idea....

Royals Record vs. RHP : 40-37 .519

Royals Record vs. LHP : 14-17 .451

I don't think I need to explain why the offense is bleh at best versus left handers; their record does speak for itself after all. Basically, if the Royals do make the playoffs, it will be because Gordon, Butler, Moose, and Hosmer play lights out. Let's not sugar coat things, it is a long shot, but it isn't outside the realm of possibility either with so many games vs Cle (6) and Det (11, including a 5 game set) and being only 4.5 games out of the final WC spot. I would also like to add that we have a 3 game series with Texas in late September which may or probably will not matter in the race for the final wild card spot.