• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2012 schedule

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i wonder if they are waiting to see when syracuse and pitt are joining the ACC which would obviously change schedules...

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not necessarily. Cal played played Colorado i think this year as a non-conference game even tho they are both in Pac 12 because they were already scheduled. unless Pitt is a division opponent because then we would have to face them twice...

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not necessarily. Cal played played Colorado i think this year as a non-conference game even tho they are both in Pac 12 because they were already scheduled. unless Pitt is a division opponent because then we would have to face them twice...

what im saying is that we would have a 14 team conference and the conference would have to decide how to organize the conference and decide how many conference games we would play. this could influence our schedule in that we may only have 3 OOC games if we play an additional conference game. either way, you are right, we will have an open OOC spot, but in terms of scheduling there are lots of questions.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what im saying is that we would have a 14 team conference and the conference would have to decide how to organize the conference and decide how many conference games we would play. this could influence our schedule in that we may only have 3 OOC games if we play an additional conference game. either way, you are right, we will have an open OOC spot, but in terms of scheduling there are lots of questions.

ahh i see what your saying now

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
notre dame or michigan state are 2 teams id love to face. 1, the media outlets love them so it would be a marquee game, and 2, id favor us against them without a doubt.

we already got dibs on taking advantage of Michigan State being overrated by the media for next year

they're the worst big opponent we've had since 2007

yet they will probably end up among the highest ranked

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
The fourth will probably be a FCS school. The Athletic Department will want to get in six home games. A true away game against a future conference mate and a neutral site against the best remaining Big East team is at least somewhat respectable.

The only way I could see an improvement over that is a big time kickoff game offer.

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't mind a bigger match-up, but lets have a 'warm up' game first. Don't really want 4 new OL starters + new TE going up against an LSU type front 7 in the first game of the year. Would like to make sure Logan doesn't get killed.

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so OOC we are...

@ pitt
bowling green
cincinatti @ fedex

i'd rather play a weak fbs team than a top fcs team. to me, theres not much of a difference in skill level.

as it stands, our SOS will be decent next year as is because we play clemson and fsu next year, plus pitt and cinci. factor in georgia tech and maybe unc and uva, we could be playing 5-7 ranked teams

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
We will be a top 6 team when the BCS comes out tonight and that is with 1 loss, while playing the weakest OOC schedule we've played in years. I get as amped up as anybody for the big time OOC games but i really wonder if the risk outweighs the reward. :think:

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will be a top 6 team when the BCS comes out tonight and that is with 1 loss, while playing the weakest OOC schedule we've played in years. I get as amped up as anybody for the big time OOC games but i really wonder if the risk outweighs the reward. :think:

I'm in the same boat. While I like the excitement of big time match-ups in OOC, it is a huge risk if you want to play in the NCG. If you play a cupcake OOC and go undefeated in an AQ conference, you're going to be right there in the thick of it no matter what and then the SOS comes into play if there are other undefeateds. If those in your conference do their jobs and don't suck, then your SOS will be comparable.

Yes, playing a big OOC game and winning gives you that extra advantage, but we have never been a team that starts off the year fast. I wouldn't mind the big OOC game to be the 4th one so we have a few tune up games before hand though. That would give a little better idea of what we're capable of compared to new players in their first game going against a top 10 team.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Chick-Fil-A have their opening game set? If not, a VT vs South Carolina game could be pretty good. They'd have Shaw and Lattimore on offense and Clowney on defense. They'll be a Top 25 team and they're an SEC opponent (something to keep in mind with voters). If we could beat them, it would definitely help us against any weak conference argument in the polls, something you could see this year if things play out a certain way.

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Chick-Fil-A have their opening game set? If not, a VT vs South Carolina game could be pretty good. They'd have Shaw and Lattimore on offense and Clowney on defense. They'll be a Top 25 team and they're an SEC opponent (something to keep in mind with voters). If we could beat them, it would definitely help us against any weak conference argument in the polls, something you could see this year if things play out a certain way.

lattimore is injured for the season, and south carolina hasnt been very good since he got injured

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's talking about the chick-fil-a kickoff opening next season.

I'm not totally sure on who's playing next year, but we are in 2013